Home The Bridge

Updating Ship Schematics in the Portal

With the release of yet another new ship, it's once again time for my reoccurring plea to DB to update the ship schematics in the portal. I'm not advocating that all ships be included (though that would be cool), but it's long overdue that the Borg Sphere/NX/IKC ships be added.
Proud member of eXodus
Join the eXo|plosion today!

Comments

• 28tqjajfyzcg.jpg

Captain Bubble Bobble
  • ub4l64goued9.png
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • izausomeizausome ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if anybody would pay for schematics?
    When the Nx ship came out bought one pack with dil. (650 dil?)
    Got 150 schematics, realized I did not even have a level one.
    Used it for replicator fuel with no regrets. (Saved me using items back then)
  • The DISCO schemes would be nice to...that spore drive is often a +150 bonus on voyages
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • edited January 2018
    The DISCO schemes would be nice to...

I knew Disco was a conspiracy! Bellbottoms and the BeeGees were not natural!
  • Ego DraconisEgo Draconis ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I agree. The ship rotation on the arena battles isn't enough to consistently upgrade a ship, neither for old nor new players. Adding at least some of the older releases to the portal or dabo, like the borg spheres or the NX ships could help on adding variety to the schematics we get... And help on reducing the amount of schematics we use as replicator fodder, or let accumulate on the inventory and do nothing
  • The DISCO schemes would be nice to...

I like rock
    I like Soul
    I like punk but,
    I never liked disco...
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

I like rock
    I like Soul
    I like punk but,
    I never liked disco...

But you should be Dancin, yeah!
  • WaldoMag wrote: »
    I wonder if anybody would pay for schematics?
    When the Nx ship came out bought one pack with dil. (650 dil?)
    Got 150 schematics, realized I did not even have a level one.
    Used it for replicator fuel with no regrets. (Saved me using items back then)
    Same here. I held onto it though and I'm laughing now that I have about a 2 day head start on arena awards!
  • Pallidyne wrote: »

I like rock
    I like Soul
    I like punk but,
    I never liked disco...

But you should be Dancin, yeah!

Got me there. The brothers Gibb nailed it on that one...only a great fool would disagree!
  • [BL] Q wrote: »

c9187vflapof.jpg

Oh my gosh...now I see it

BLACK ALERT!!!!
  • [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I agree. The ship rotation on the arena battles isn't enough to consistently upgrade a ship, neither for old nor new players. Adding at least some of the older releases to the portal or dabo, like the borg spheres or the NX ships could help on adding variety to the schematics we get... And help on reducing the amount of schematics we use as replicator fodder, or let accumulate on the inventory and do nothing

The monthly arena awards are absolutely enough to upgrade a ship, and then some. Even starting from scratch, consistently high (top 5%) performance in each division will get a legendary ship to level 7 or 8 by the end of the month---same with the super rare ships. Strangely enough, the rewards are a bit stingier for rare ships, but it'd still be enough to obtain a few levels. I realize that not everyone bothers with arena, but if you're at a point in the game where you have some leveled/fused crew and a few of the ships available through standard packs/dabo maxed, you can collect a decent pile of schematics almost guaranteed.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

The monthly arena awards are absolutely enough to upgrade a ship, and then some. Even starting from scratch, consistently high (top 5%) performance in each division will get a legendary ship to level 7 or 8 by the end of the month---same with the super rare ships. Strangely enough, the rewards are a bit stingier for rare ships, but it'd still be enough to obtain a few levels. I realize that not everyone bothers with arena, but if you're at a point in the game where you have some leveled/fused crew and a few of the ships available through standard packs/dabo maxed, you can collect a decent pile of schematics almost guaranteed.

A "decent pile", perhaps, but not enough to fully level, and if they're not available in portal drops, then you're just sitting on a level 7 Borg Sphere for ages, like I have been since they changed up the arena rewards, waiting until the rotation comes around again in another year or whatever.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"