Home Make It So!
Options

Laundry List One-Off

This is pretty much my entire OCD change wish list so I only have to do this once:

1. For the love of god, stop cheating re: crits in Gauntlet. I can't take anymore. There are too many good players out there for the AI to be awarding itself 50% crit boosts just because. I'm tired of feeling like Ihave to be about 400 points better to win a stupid match.

2. Decrease honor threshold for citations on Legends. They're fine for everyone else. But 50k for legends is nuts given how many of them you have to have. For those of us who don't like spewing dilithium for pulls just to constantly convert crappy draws into honor, it would be nice to be able to do this within a year just by acquiring expendable crew via voyage grinding and such. I realize this is a topic with lots of reasonable disagreement. It's just my preference is all.

3. Take the concept of legends more seriously. Right now, I'm expecting Legendary Tribble Leader to be coming down the pike (ha!) at any moment. Fewer of them and make them really legendary. Not just one more obscure costume change from an episode.

Other than that, I'm good. I can live with everything else.

Comments

• Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I have lost count of the times I have lost a challenge where my character's lowest range is higher than the higher range of the opponent only to see a 5% critical chance hit on two out of three chances for the opponent to win the round.

It just feels really cheap
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Instead of lowering the Honor needed for each thing on the Honor Hall, it would be nice to DOUBLE Honor gained by dismissing crew.
    Common Crew: 25 --> 50
    Uncommon Crew: 50 --> 100
    Rare Crew: 100 --> 200
    Super Rare Crew: 200 --> 400
    Legendary Crew: 500/550 --> 1000/1100 (I've never dismissed one but I know the numbers)

25 or 50 Honor is really very little, and 25 is the only one ending in 5! If DB does this, every crew dismisal would have round numbers.
  • Options
    well, changing the honor rate would be relative either way, so it's just a matter of the method chosen. the gripe is still the same, right? it takes far too much to cite a legend. and even that wouldn't be a problem if there weren't so many legends in their heroic universe. the combination of far too many legendaries with ridiculous honor requirements is an obvious and crude money grab, forcing people to buy stuff to just pull crews like crazy in order to convert.
  • Options
    DB does really need to take the "Legendary" status more seriously. There are so many gold cards with only passable stats, and many of which could be easily dismissed because a "super rare" crew has better stats and traits. It is ridiculous it should take so much honor to purchase a 5* citation, especially considering that "legendary" characters are the 2nd most abundant in the game.
    And the gauntlet....an absolute joke. Nothing like going up against an "rng" that heavily favors the opponent. The crit % seems comparable to the shuttle "success" % -- a farce.
  • Options
    What’s really pathetic about the programming is that it’s easy to quite accurately predict when an inferior opponent is going to win...climbing up an endless wall=DB
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    well, changing the honor rate would be relative either way, so it's just a matter of the method chosen. the gripe is still the same, right? it takes far too much to cite a legend. and even that wouldn't be a problem if there weren't so many legends in their heroic universe. the combination of far too many legendaries with ridiculous honor requirements is an obvious and crude money grab, forcing people to buy stuff to just pull crews like crazy in order to convert.

Almost, it' would be better for DB and the whales my method, because most players do not fire Legendaries. Most people would not earn Honor in quantities of thousands
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost, it' would be better for DB and the whales my method, because most players do not fire Legendaries. Most people would not earn Honor in quantities of thousands

I actually airlock legendaries. I got a behold yesterday between Captain Nog, Benny Russell, and Assimilated Janeway. Just don’t really care for any of their characters so I just picked one and dumped it for 1/90 of the way towards a citation

• Options
    hahahaha. only 89 more beholds to go!! woo hoo! Get back with us in 2021! ;)
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the 50k honour is ok, I just wish we'd get more honor for dismissing legendary crew. 550 honour doesn't go that far and is less than received from most voyages and the daily rewards from fleet participation.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    What’s really pathetic about the programming is that it’s easy to quite accurately predict when an inferior opponent is going to win...climbing up an endless wall=DB

I have lost track of the times that I have gone into a battle that I should win easily and have said to myself "I am going to lose this" only for my prediction to come true.

This morning it happened to a match up where I went head to head with a character where their only stat was worse than my best stat (and I had a decent second stat). They managed to get three crits at 5% (out of 3 chances) while I managed to only get one out of 6 chances at 25%
  • Options
    I've pretty much quit gauntlet play over crits. there's just not enough super-inferior crews that you can beat that aren't a measly 10 trophies. they need to rethink what they're doing there. Last night I had a 45% lose to a 5% on, you guessed it, crits. They had 3. I had one on my secondary. I just rage quit. New ownership isn't looking too good right now.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your stats are anywhere near your opponents it’s very likely going to be a loss. Even if your stats are somewhat better, it’s going to be a loss. You have to blow your opponents stats away to have hope
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do head-to-head matchups all the time, and I've found it's split pretty evenly between wins and losses. (If anything, I think I maybe win more than I lose.) Frequently, those are the only matchups I'm offered after reaching a certain rank (and I stopped spending merits in the Gauntlet), anyway, so I don't have much choice a lot of the time. But everything balances out in time.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I do head-to-head matchups all the time, and I've found it's split pretty evenly between wins and losses. (If anything, I think I maybe win more than I lose.) Frequently, those are the only matchups I'm offered after reaching a certain rank (and I stopped spending merits in the Gauntlet), anyway, so I don't have much choice a lot of the time. But everything balances out in time.

I am the other way. It has got to the stage that I am actually surprised if I win a head to head when I have better stats than my opponent
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    Data1001 wrote: »

I am the other way. It has got to the stage that I am actually surprised if I win a head to head when I have better stats than my opponent

Well, it's not a head-to-head matchup if you've got better stats — unless you're just talking about the minimal proficiency boosts you get from the starbase.

Edit: Clarification, in case the phrase means something different to you than it does to me. When I say head-to-head, I mean, for example, FE Locutus vs. FE Locutus, or FE Mirror Picard vs. FE Mirror Picard.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    When I talk about head to head I mean the same character facing off. So you could have a level 50 Mirror Picard facing a FE Mirror Picard.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, mirror matches result in about 80% losses actually, and most by a huge margin (sometimes the opponent is getting double the total points of me).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")