Home Make It So!
Options

Creating a card market

EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in Make It So!
Think of buying a premium rewards pull as buying a pack of baseball cards (w/o that sweet bubble gum smell that all us old timers loved) or magic cards (though I know nothing about them)

DB could offer different cards for-sale rotating in the same fashion as the the faction store. Of course some cards are more valuable then others. A Mirror Picard, which is a common 5* card could be a $49.99 card whereas Kahless, a more rare card, could be offered for $499.99 Cards that can only be obtained in the market could be introduced for $999.99.

Why this is an advantage for DB. Creating a market and placing a value on the cards makes buying the card packs more appealing (because we all want that Micky Mantle rookie card at a bargain price) as well as a place for their whales to spend lots of money. It also makes the $25 dollar double your card offer more appealing. Secondly, since it would be a virtual market, DB controls the supply to create an artificial demand.

Comments

• Options
    PaPa ✭✭
    $999.99 for crew? Are you trying to reach the top 0.1% of the whale community?
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he means 49.99 and 99.99 ... I hope.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    No, I had it right but those are the extreme end of the pricing range and the 999.99 is for guys (whales) who have run out of guys to work on or want flashy prized cards i.e. the extremely rare card that few others have.

Have you ever been to a card store or a comic book store? Some things are out of most peoples price range and some things are affordable. A card store would have something in most peoples price range.

But more to the point, it puts a value on the cards and makes the cheaper offers like the card packs more attractive. It gives them more of a collectability.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Etienne wrote: »
    No, I had it right but those are the extreme end of the pricing range and the 999.99 is for guys (whales) who have run out of guys to work on or want flashy prized cards i.e. the extremely rare card that few others have.

Have you ever been to a card store or a comic book store? Some things are out of most peoples price range and some things are affordable. A card store would have something in most peoples price range.

But more to the point, it puts a value on the cards and makes the cheaper offers like the card packs more attractive. It gives them more of a collectability.

For that price, you should at least also get a printed copy of the card delivered to your home, on premium paper card stock... and maybe some stock in the company, too. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    For $999.00 I better have every &++&in card in the game, past present and future
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

For that price, you should at least also get a printed copy of the card delivered to your home, on premium paper card stock... and maybe some stock in the company, too. ;)

What? I am VIP 14 x3 and you are telling me I didn't get stock in DB with my purchases?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

What? I am VIP 14 x3 and you are telling me I didn't get stock in DB with my purchases?

You got bamboozled, brother. I've spent less than that and I've got a seat on the board!

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

You're forgetting the personal stand up show in your living room courtesy of Black Pebble.