Home Ready Room

Behold Help for New Player: Grand Proxy Neelix or Combat Medic Paris (also Captain Sulu)

Yes, another one of these threads. I am limited on roster space (aren't we all?). I am still working on immortalizing crew (only have 2 up to 100 so far). I have been tracking players in the "Do Not Airlock" list (assuming I will get them all to 100 eventually), out of these three my "Need" are the Neelix and Paris. Any thoughts on the relative merits of each from more experienced captains?
ns9mb0ltl5k2.png

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard talk about Paris being good, but I have several stellar 1/4 med. I would go Sulu because I like him. He is a clam champ just sitting there drinking his tea.
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    Combat Medic Paris is a really strong medic so if you are weak there at all I would take him Neelix can be useful in the gauntlet from time to but that is only if you are hurting a little for gauntlet
  • I use combat Paris a lot on the voyages as he ha decent stats
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, Paris will be your most useful, by far. Sulu is the coolest, though. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Paris. Definitely! Whenever you can get a great MED crew (or any MED for that matter), go for it. Check the stats on the Wiki first though just to be sure what the FF version has for skill points!
  • When I see Sulu I can’t help but hear in my head “Oh My!”, but for now I need to go with utility, so Combat Medic it is.
  • Of the 3 paris has greater overal use & utility. Agree with jello advice on research. From my personal experience ( all three 4/4 *) I use mefic pris a lot more than other two combined.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found Paris is very useful on Voyages, as well.

Though my sentimental choice is Sulu.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does Paris compare with the two 4* Crushers and Chapel?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where Paris excels is his base MED, so he's great for shuttles. Among the 4* Crushers and the 4* Chapels, Doctor Chapel I think has the best combined MED, in the 600s for both base and proficiency. (Some of the others are good in base only, some good in proficiency only.) But Paris having 843 base MED (over 900 with my starbase's bonus), and two other skills as well makes him pretty valuable. I use him quite frequently — and I've got Mirror Bev & Mirror Phlox both immortalized.

• RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Go to the wiki ... https://stt.wiki/wiki/Combat_Medic_Paris ... under his portrait is a heading Crew Info with a link Crew Cost Info ... click it.

You get to a new site ... close Paris' window (red/white X top right) ... in the middle of the page, a bit to the bottom is a blue button called Behold Helper ... click it.

You can fill in all the crew names of those who you want to compare ... and voila ... base stats, proficiency rolls, voyage strengths etc. etc. etc. ... at all fuse levels.

EDIT: Oh and yes ... Paris all the way here.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also go with Paris, as he is a top Med SR card.

Neelix is a bit meh, and Sulu has Command as primary which is by far the most common crew through Mega events etc.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I would also go with Paris, as he is a top Med SR card.

Neelix is a bit meh, and Sulu has Command as primary which is by far the most common crew through Mega events etc.

Jim

I have got to the stage where Command and Security Super Rares just get used on the occasional shuttle mission because recent cards have been so top heavy in this area
  • Paris is the best pick here!
  • Paris.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paris. I have two.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You folks who are late to the party in commenting do realize the OP made his decision a day ago, right? ;)

• Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just making sure he feels good about making the right choice.
  • ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    Obviously OP has already made their decision, but I just had to comment that I was surprised Paris was the consensus choice. I would have recommended Neelix, he's one of the best CMD/ENG gauntlet characters in the game.
  • I'd go with Paris
  • Thanks everyone. Funny thing, I ended up with Paris and the next day saw that Neelix in the Gauntlet and thought to myself, hmmm those stats do look pretty good too.
  • Karthon wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Funny thing, I ended up with Paris and the next day saw that Neelix in the Gauntlet and thought to myself, hmmm those stats do look pretty good too.

Neelix is decent in gauntlet, but once you get someone better (which you will), you will be happy you have Paris