Home Make It So!
Options

Faction Mission Impacts

I know this is a tall order, but something I've been thinking about since I started way back in my f2p days was the need to have your progress on shuttle missions affect your standings with other factions. For instance, completing a Terran Empire mission gets your some credit towards being honored with them, but lowers your standings with enemy factions such as KCA or maybe even the Federation to some extent. A lot of the missions already talk about animosity between factions, but this would actually force us to think more about what missions we are taking on instead of mindlessly grinding them out every three hours. I remember when I finally maxed out all my factions, I was kind of like, "Okay, now what?"

Faction missions relevant to events would need to be exempt during the event, obviously.
My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
3. Only pursue characters I care about.
4. Contribute to the fleet.
5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
6. Have fun.
7. Voyage.
8. Have fun!

Comments

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    I know this is a tall order, but something I've been thinking about since I started way back in my f2p days was the need to have your progress on shuttle missions affect your standings with other factions. For instance, completing a Terran Empire mission gets your some credit towards being honored with them, but lowers your standings with enemy factions such as KCA or maybe even the Federation to some extent. A lot of the missions already talk about animosity between factions, but this would actually force us to think more about what missions we are taking on instead of mindlessly grinding them out every three hours. I remember when I finally maxed out all my factions, I was kind of like, "Okay, now what?"

Faction missions relevant to events would need to be exempt during the event, obviously.

AS your standing just affects what you can buy in the faction store, I actually oppose this. Unless the nodes stay unlocked in the store, you're just adding more roadblocks to leveling. And we've got enough of those.

• Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    AS your standing just affects what you can buy in the faction store

I would actual argue that is one of the benefits of this, not so much that it creates more difficulty but rather that the increased difficulty increases the relevance of non-faction missions you can run. I could actually think of some truly brutal effects that could be implemented that go beyond this. There are a few factions (e.g., Romulan), though, that the special items are so easy to find that there doesn't become a significant purpose in running their missions once you max out your reputation with them.

My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!