Home The Bridge
Options

Assignment recommendation: USS Blackwell

edited January 2018 in The Bridge
wntjcldyxs56.png

Greetings captain!

My name is Commander Branch, and like so many others I’ve been displaced from my own time. I’ve been told I was killed in action back in my original timeline, so maybe it’s good that I’m here.

Anyway, I’ve accepted an assignment as chief personnel officer at Starbase 63. We’re near a recurrent temporal anomaly, one of the more stable in this universe, and as a result we have a steady supply of displaced personnel, many of them well-suited to jobs in this universe. My job is to orient newly arrived refugees and find work for those willing and able to lend a hand to Starfleet at this difficult time.

There are, however, some special assignments which Starfleet Command has asked me to forward to you and some of the other captains running point during this temporal crisis. In each case I’ve compiled a dossier of potential candidates, and am looking for your recommendation for this difficult assignment.

The first of these assignments is as chief medical officer on the USS Blackwell. The Blackwell is currently charting the occurrence of temporal anomalies, a dangerous line of work and one where one often encounters injured refugees.

Our candidates:
  • Dr. Philip Boyce, formerly the chief medical officer of the USS Enterprise. He served under Captain Pike and has a reputation as both a straight shooter and a skilled bartender. His primary skill is medicine, with secondary abilities in diplomacy and science.
  • The EMH Mark II, formerly stationed aboard the USS Prometheus. A prototype, this holographic doctor helped prevent the capture of the Prometheus by Romulan commandos. His primary skill is medicine, with secondary abilities in diplomacy and science.
  • Lt. Commander Nambue, formerly the chief medical officer of the USS Shenzhou. His primary skill is medicine.
  • Surgeon Katherine Pulaski, formerly the chief medical officer of the USS Enterprise-D. She’s an extremely skilled surgeon with a background in medical research. Her primary skill is medicine, with secondary abilities in science and diplomacy.
  • Riaan, formerly an apothecary on the Akaali homeworld. Despite limited technological sophistication, she successfully helped the Enterprise NX-01 track down a disease which was killing her people. Her primary skill is medicine, with secondary abilities in science and diplomacy.
  • Surmak Ren, formerly the Chief Administrator of the Ilvian Medical Complex. He studied genetic programming, and during the Cardassian occupation of Bajor supported various resistance groups, at one point helping to create a tailored aphasia virus booby trap. His primary skill is medicine, with secondary abilities in science and security.

Assignment recommendation: USS Blackwell 110 votes

Dr. Philip Boyce
30% 33 votes
EMH Mark II
34% 38 votes
Lt. Cmdr. Nambue
2% 3 votes
Surgeon Pulaski
15% 17 votes
Riaan
13% 15 votes
Surmak Ren
3% 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    (This is, of course, an extension of my previous project of creating forum polls for suggested new crew in Star Trek Timelines. I thought it would be more fun to do it this way. Each week, I'll include six different crew (one from each Star Trek series) focused around a common skill. Both wholly new crew and new variants of existing crew will be considered.)
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more pulaski that's one thing I can be sure of
  • Options
    Please, NO ANDY DICK! I can't stand his over-acting in. He can only play one character no matter what his role is. He belongs in theater where over-acting is acceptable. But that doesn't alter the fact he can only act as himself.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andy Dick is kinda a radioactive property right now unless some of the allegations drop off.....
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riaan! I loved that episode of Enterprise and she was a great character. I'd love to see her added.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Come on Dr. Boyce!!!! We need a 4th Legendary from The Cage to make an epic Bridge Crew!
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on Dr. Boyce!!!! We need a 4th Legendary from The Cage to make an epic Bridge Crew!

We need Number 1 first.
    8p647o79480s.jpg

• Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

We need Number 1 first.
    8p647o79480s.jpg

We needed Number 1 so long ago
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    [BL] C6pilot[BL] C6pilot ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

We need Number 1 first.
    8p647o79480s.jpg

Majel could have a vault crew collection all her own. Others have played multiple characters across multiple generations using makeup effects. Majel was special. All she needed to do was change her hair.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I want all the DS9 characters ("All DS9 characters, everywhere!") I have to admit a sneaking fondness for Pulaski. Not so much how she came across, but just the idea of her, and Diana Muldaur really did give her a lovely feisty charisma, even when the actual dialogue she was reciting let her down constantly. So yeah, I'd like a superrare/legendary Pulaski I can actually keep in business (rather than just leave in cryo with the 3* version), seeing her pop up when I'm selecting shuttle or voyage crew can be my version of the good Pulaski episode I always wished existed.
  • Options
    I'm torn between Boyce and Riann.
  • Options
    I think we should have all six in some kind of mega event. I'd be happy to have them all on my crew. I did vote for Riaan because she rocks though
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaitee wrote: »
    As much as I want all the DS9 characters ("All DS9 characters, everywhere!") I have to admit a sneaking fondness for Pulaski. Not so much how she came across, but just the idea of her, and Diana Muldaur really did give her a lovely feisty charisma, even when the actual dialogue she was reciting let her down constantly. So yeah, I'd like a superrare/legendary Pulaski I can actually keep in business (rather than just leave in cryo with the 3* version), seeing her pop up when I'm selecting shuttle or voyage crew can be my version of the good Pulaski episode I always wished existed.

I had been a fan of Muldaur from other roles such as her appearances on McCloud, and of course TOS. So yeah awesome. Though I did vote a different direction they are almost all pretty good choices for the medbay.

And why does it matter who we get first as long as we get the solid ones?
  • Options

We need Number 1 first.
    8p647o79480s.jpg

100% on board with this! If the poll included Number One and Dr. Boyce I would have chosen Number One.
  • Options
    I can guarantee that Number One will show up in a future edition of this, unless she's added to the game before it runs. I've already bumped EV Suit Archer after his announcement.
  • Options
    I can guarantee that Number One will show up in a future edition of this, unless she's added to the game before it runs. I've already bumped EV Suit Archer after his announcement.

Rock on! A first officer poll maybe?
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES more of these polls from Nairne are always welcome...and oh so difficult to choose from! I'll have to go with Pulaski here, although this weekend may give me enough holoprograms to actually be able to handle another EMH...can't wait to see who the next few polls are!
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went with Riaan but I want at least 2 more versions of Pulaski.

One as Holodeck Pulaski
    The other as Surgeon Pulaski
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

One as Holodeck Pulaski

No aged cause I stepped in the genetically engineered peoples antibody Pulaski?
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

One as Holodeck Pulaski

I mean I'm completely down for 4 total versions of Kath, but people seem to complain even at the thought of having one more version of her. Despite us you know...having 4 versions of Ezri who was also a one-season wonder, to use a very brunt term.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »

One as Holodeck Pulaski

I mean I'm completely down for 4 total versions of Kath, but people seem to complain even at the thought of having one more version of her. Despite us you know...having 4 versions of Ezri who was also a one-season wonder, to use a very brunt term.

I actually love Pulaski. She's one of the best parts of S2 for me. Yes, an obvious McCoy clone but there was potential. Crusher just... bores me.
  • Options
    I'm really heartened by all the support for Riaan. I figured a one-off from ENT would do poorly, but she was a good character and it really wasn't a bad episode.
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭

We need Number 1 first.
    8p647o79480s.jpg

She’s the reward for the forthcoming “in bed with the director” event. One for the “inappropriate behaviour” mega event, where you have to help the various factions sift through allegations separating fact from fiction, starring EMH mk II, Edward la forge, Sulu and honourable bonus crew Stamets

• Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    . Crusher just... bores me.

If only there was some pun that could be crafted there...
  • Options
    I like Dr. Boyce. I think he would be a welcome addition to my crew
    Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• Options
    One last call on this. The assignment to the Blackwell will be made tomorrow. At that point I'll have a new personnel assignment for the captains' consideration, this one to Cardassia Prime.
  • Options
    Better bump this over to Strange New Worlds, too. It would be a shame to miss any.