Home The Bridge
Options

@Forum Mods/Employees and Players,My Pro`s and Cons Thoughts and General Ideas

Good Morning,Forum Mod.s and Players

So i have been now playing since about Mid Dec. of 2017, I am also guessing from some of the ribbing that i get from some of my fleet mates that I am what you would call a whale(VIP 13, 42500/50000)@ a month and half of play, tho i am unsure if i am or not.
So noticed a lot of great things about this game and also some really big problem areas and was wondering if someone from the company would take a few minutes from their busy day to read over this and return a little feed back(been reading a lot of articles on the company and most of all the forum discussions)

Pros and Cons Feedback

First let me just say that i really love this game and have since quit playing all my other phone games in light of finding this one, mobile strike, clash of clans, clan royal, and about 4 others to devote my time and money to this one, as thos games have grown boring and stale

1. PRO-
I love that you have done a really good job balancing FTP VS PTW giving low dollar players and newbies whales a real chance to play against hard core long term whales and players with faction events and other aspects of the game compared to other games

2. Con-
One of the major issue and probably biggest for me is the lack of information flow to the consumers/players
The info shared about game updates and big fixes seem to be really lacking or spread out all over rather then lumped together, a good example of this is like the monthly updates shared at the end of each month on games like say league of legends, where at they end of each month they share on one page/post a list of all bugs that they have found fixes for and a list of all updates they have made for upcoming game play, i would really like to see something done like this for star trek timelines, and as a benefit to you guys it would probably decrease trouble tickets and forum post to have to read thru

being blunt and open, this goes a really long way with players, tho there will always be yelling ,crying and temper tantrums , but it would really cut down on it

3.PRO-
You guys do a great job on updating characters each event to keep the game interesting. along with new stories, most are really great, a few are a little lite but hey you cant have steak ever night lol

(p.s any word on a new upcoming main ep.s )

4.CON-
One major area that probably hits your balance sheets pretty hard tho are the chrons, as a newer player the first couple of weeks i did not drop much money due to the large amount of grinding for chrons vs being able to upgrade characters which limited my spending,

I get the limit on crew slots to keep people spending and also the long term thoughts on keeping whales and ftp with new characters and not wanting people to just buy their way out of playing after a month or two,

But the lack of chrons really limits the amount i spend on this game, example had a major trouble issue with events and was comped a lot of chrons, because of this for about a 3 weeks i was dropping a crap ton of money on packs x10,event and weekly sales, store items(merits,dil, in game cash) spending honor left and right to upgrade, more dil on tickets for daily`s to get faction items, boosts for faction items on shuttles and etc.,

but as my chrons have ran down i am spending less and less each week on these items, as i am back to grinding for chrons and in game cash again, so i went from spending a couple hundred dollars a week to maybe 50-100 dollars a week for dil for voyages extends, and the every once in while dablo wheel

5.Pro/Con -
Events Prizes and Ranking in Events, where to begin there are a lot of balancing issues here, you guys have done really great in some issues, like balancing but in others not so well, like rewards and long term interest

So noticing that after going 7th on last mega , then 2nd on triple , then First on Infinite, all galaxy events or hybrid, that there does not seem to be a reason to really to play in events after unlocking achievements,

i can just buy packs to unlock crew and ff vs fighting my way to top and wasting items i can use to upgrade on events instead of characters , plus when i get first there is no real worth as i had to buy packs to unlock the event crew to get first and other then 2 x10 pulls and a day or two worth of merits, which would be cheaper to just buy then try to get from winning So there is nothing to keep me pushing for first place

another issue is again chrons see above in 4.
why waste my chrons i can use upgrading ,on a events that gives me nothing after getting first (use of more chrons increases money and time played thus more interest)

so other then saying hey im first, no real worth which means less money spent on events,

not sure what you guys would be willing to do here seen a lot of ideas in different forums areas, honor cert., legendary behold, etc,etc, but really need to find a way to pull people that have all ready won first back into the race (p.s this means a lot more money for you guys while still leaving other events for ftp and long term players)

maybe one event a month change up the prizes to pull back in first time winners and yet still leave the other 3 events for people still shooting for first time wins ,but still gives them a shot on once a month event,keeps the balance and interest in coming back to race,

6. Pro/Con
Trouble tickets- need a standard you guys are all over the place which causes major issues with players feeling shorted, one guy gets 10k chrons ,next gets 200 merits then 50k honor then 300 chrons, etc
make a sheet up, list problem vs comp.
major issue unable to play /event - blah blah
major issue - blah blah
minor issue - blah
add a multiplier for time spent sending tickets or down, you will always have one offs but it would be more fair on general or known issues (p.s if this current policy its really does not seem to be followed well )
so forth
this would really cut down on bitching and rage quiting , post it some where to lock it , so everyone knows
(again better info sharing policy's to consumers would help see above 1.)

Better education/training for support personal , had 6 tickets i think in last month and half
1 major and several minor, some support were great others did not seem to have a clue how the game even worked
which is really annoying, when your having issues

really like how well you guys do tho with free items for server crashes tho

To those that did great on tickets
Thank you soooooo much. Keep up the Good work

I will wrap this up as i have been know to get a wee bit long winded from time to time lol

You guys have a great game here, really glad you guys are putting your blood (ok maybe sore finger tips and bleary eyes lol ) tears and time into it,

Lot of great things about the game , so many different things to do events,ep.s, gauntlet, ship battles, etc ,etc

So thank you for the game
Thank you for reading
yours truly
mbannar

p.s
sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes
as these are not a strong suit of mine

Comments

• Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoah, not trying to be rude or anything but I could tell by how small my scroll bar icon got when I clicked here that this was a TL:DR situation
  • Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    TD LR?
  • Options
    [TUFG] Doctor X[TUFG] Doctor X ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    TL; DR == "Too long; didn't read."
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    AHHHH just figured it would be easier to put it all in one place rather then having muti post all over the place lol
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Yeah bro. Sorry but I go right past such long diatribes. They are usually just personal complaints anyway
  • Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    hmmm.... @Enterprise Was Best well i felt like i was pretty even across the broad, if you can spare a few minutes to read it i would app. the feed back if you felt it was to much of a personal complaints list? please let me know
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mbannar wrote: »
    hmmm.... @Enterprise Was Best well i felt like i was pretty even across the broad, if you can spare a few minutes to read it i would app. the feed back if you felt it was to much of a personal complaints list? please let me know

Ok, ok I read it. In my defense I did say it’s “usually” complaints and I’m still not wrong there. The event prize thing I am on board with. As I said before I bought an immortalized Mirror Troi then I won an immortalized Troi. Kinda weird. I liked someone’s suggestion before where the ranked rewards are NEXT events crew. Since they don’t want to reveal next event so soon, perhaps rewards can be next events crew portal pulls so they don’t have to reveal that crew. So my fine sir I apologize if I was harsh but usually those are diatribes on complaints. Yours was better than that
  • Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feed back
  • Options
    It’s quite fun with just the daily card...this game is meant to be sipped not chugged...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    I just created an alt account on the weekend to set up our sister fleet and... It's actually kind of fun playing from the beginning again.

And yes, absofrigginlutely the top tier event rewards need to be revamped.
  • Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    C6pilot wrote: »
    Spends $800 on a game in one month... Thinks changes need to be made to make it more challenging.

Just a thought... try playing for a month WITHOUT buying your way to the top. I think it's fair to say it's a bit more challenging.

The one point I agree with 100% is the event top rewards. It makes absolutely ZERO sense to reward the top players copies of the characters they almost certainly purchased in order to get the top spots. Can players actually rank #1 without having already FF the bonus crew?

I did on last mega 7th only one star on troi and triple 2s star dukat for 2nd but had to double chron spent to do it , thus the chron part of the letter above, tho faction ones its a must have for top 10

For what little research i have done with full event crew ff and fe your looking at 25k-60k chrons for top ten on galaxy , double to triple thst for limited event crew or no event crew for top ten depending on popluared of event

If i rember right non maxed event crew last mega was 150k chrons for 7th and triple wss for non maxed event crew for 2nd was 120k chrons for me
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting views Mbannar.

On the topic of communication:

In the early days they used to do video streams discussing upcoming features, changes and player questions. I can understand why they wouldn’t want to do that forever as it must consume a lot of time.

They have also done a few Q and A sessions on the forums, but because they’re done so infrequently and tend to ignore the tough questions or give non-commital responses they tend to provoke frustrations rather than ease them. Maybe if they did them more regularly and built up some momentum it could start to work.

I’m a little confused by the recent minor update - a new icon, removal of an asteroid and mention of under the hood fixes doesn’t really inspire much confidence, is that really all they have!?
  • Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    In response to @Secret Journey and @Commodore Wizzlestix see, below 1.

in response to @C6pilot and couple others ,see below 2.

1. oh i agree but its a lot like most console games tho that come with different difficulty levels, most people do not start off on hardcore but normal, i see normal game with spending as normal mode , but maybe later in the game after say a year or two might start a 2nd account and do only monthly with still dipping toes in on main 'normal" account, to challenge myself

learn the tricks ,tips , tactics and then see what i can do without cash to make it a real challenge, and if db manages to see a massive growth in player base never know they might do a monthly card only server to give people the choice of a hard core mode, that way people can choice between the two modes, while still making money , tho i do not see this unless db really takes off

2. As for spending money on a game, yes no money would be a harder challenge but i always drop money on games i enjoy heres why

lets take say blizzard as a company now they have there side chicks that give them a little something now and again like dablo, starcraft etc.

but man the bring home the bacon , put a ring on the finger, buy her whatever she wants game is world of warcraft

massive player base, the cash cow/money money maker is what allows them as a company to turn around and invest in better graphics, game content, trouble shooting and most important new updates/content

and this seems to be STT with DB company

so if i drop money on this game along with alot of other players hopeful as player base expands and there profits go up this will allow them to then turn around a spend some of the profits on a more updates/content for the game

i see alot of differnt people talk about PTW VS FTP and bash on people that use money when in all honest you guys should be thanking them for keeping the game going and allowing db to make better profits and thus a bigger better game , and hey db does a lot better job balancing this then a lot of other games,

tho i will agree game updates and content does not not seem to expand very fast yet, but hey give it time hopeful with more players and more money this will increase

so reward them and say thanks
    and not scream, holler and curse the gods over a making better game lol

• Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

In the early days they used to do video streams discussing upcoming features, changes and player questions. I can understand why they wouldn’t want to do that forever as it must consume a lot of time.

They have also done a few Q and A sessions on the forums, but because they’re done so infrequently and tend to ignore the tough questions or give non-commital responses they tend to provoke frustrations rather than ease them. Maybe if they did them more regularly and built up some momentum it could start to work.

I’m a little confused by the recent minor update - a new icon, removal of an asteroid and mention of under the hood fixes doesn’t really inspire much confidence, is that really all they have!?

ya i got to give it to you on this one,

this last update was a wee bit lacking, hoping for a more in depth update maybe next month , i cut them a little slack tho as the holiday season seem to have throw a bit of a monkey wrench into things, id say give them month to get play catch up and get there feet back under them before going on the warpath tho lol

tho i would have preferd more info on the under the hood fixes to let the players really see all that they are doing for us, the way its phrased does tend to feel a bit light in the old info department
  • Options
    The fact still remains, most players aren't of the opinion that they should spend money IN HOPES of a game getting better, they spend money on a game that already has a history of delivering the goods. And you're correct, the PTW players are helping to keep the game afloat for the FTP players. Don't get me wrong, I am VIP 13 as well, but I spent 1.5 years getting there. And to be honest, I never wanted to get here! It just sneaks up on some of us (As it was planned). Which means DB has done a fine job of separating some fools from our money.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

ya i got to give it to you on this one,

this last update was a wee bit lacking, hoping for a more in depth update maybe next month , i cut them a little slack tho as the holiday season seem to have throw a bit of a monkey wrench into things, id say give them month to get play catch up and get there feet back under them before going on the warpath tho lol

tho i would have preferd more info on the under the hood fixes to let the players really see all that they are doing for us, the way its phrased does tend to feel a bit light in the old info department

I was wondering the point of the latest update. We got a black smudge off a screen and a new phone icon. What was the point?

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering the point of the latest update. We got a black smudge off a screen and a new phone icon. What was the point?

We also got "advanced technology to help stabilize temporal anomalies" which I interpret as "performance/stability fixes."
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

We also got "advanced technology to help stabilize temporal anomalies" which I interpret as "performance/stability fixes."

I did see that but not knowing what those are makes me feel like they don’t exist. Usually they describe bug fixes in very good detail
  • Options
    absofrigginlutely

That sir was impressive. The precision you navigated your auto correct with is why you’re a Commodore...plus I’ve been spelling that wrong for exactly 50 years...

DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    absofrigginlutely

That sir was impressive. The precision you navigated your auto correct with is why you’re a Commodore...plus I’ve been spelling that wrong for exactly 50 years...

@Secret Journey ok ROFL !!! that was priceless 2points to secert journey
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just created an alt account on the weekend to set up our sister fleet and... It's actually kind of fun playing from the beginning again.

And yes, absofrigginlutely the top tier event rewards need to be revamped.

Now everytime I read your posts I will hear them in the voice of Mira Furlan or Bruce Boxleitner. Well Done :)
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    In response to @Secret Journey and @Commodore Wizzlestix see, below 1.

in response to @C6pilot and couple others ,see below 2.

1. oh i agree but its a lot like most console games tho that come with different difficulty levels, most people do not start off on hardcore but normal, i see normal game with spending as normal mode , but maybe later in the game after say a year or two might start a 2nd account and do only monthly with still dipping toes in on main 'normal" account, to challenge myself

learn the tricks ,tips , tactics and then see what i can do without cash to make it a real challenge, and if db manages to see a massive growth in player base never know they might do a monthly card only server to give people the choice of a hard core mode, that way people can choice between the two modes, while still making money , tho i do not see this unless db really takes off

2. As for spending money on a game, yes no money would be a harder challenge but i always drop money on games i enjoy heres why

lets take say blizzard as a company now they have there side chicks that give them a little something now and again like dablo, starcraft etc.

but man the bring home the bacon , put a ring on the finger, buy her whatever she wants game is world of warcraft

massive player base, the cash cow/money money maker is what allows them as a company to turn around and invest in better graphics, game content, trouble shooting and most important new updates/content

and this seems to be STT with DB company

so if i drop money on this game along with alot of other players hopeful as player base expands and there profits go up this will allow them to then turn around a spend some of the profits on a more updates/content for the game

i see alot of differnt people talk about PTW VS FTP and bash on people that use money when in all honest you guys should be thanking them for keeping the game going and allowing db to make better profits and thus a bigger better game , and hey db does a lot better job balancing this then a lot of other games,

tho i will agree game updates and content does not not seem to expand very fast yet, but hey give it time hopeful with more players and more money this will increase

so reward them and say thanks
    and not scream, holler and curse the gods over a making better game lol

Well there was actually threads of folks complaining about the asteroid/smudge, lol.

#Justiceforsmuge
  • Options
    The smudgeroid
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The chron issue is less of a problem if you get big enough to send voyages out for 6+ hrs but it would be good if db could find a way to help smaller people with chron issue without nerfing voyage chrons.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    The chron issue is less of a problem if you get big enough to send voyages out for 6+ hrs but it would be good if db could find a way to help smaller people with chron issue without nerfing voyage chrons.
    I would just un-nerf voyages and get rid of Galaxy events, they are totally broken and voyage chronos just emphasize the fact. I used to like them, but they became a mission in futility clicking and, god, how much do the animations **tsk tsk**!!

I'd like to see a more story rich event, different challenges and if they insist on the crafting could we have a kind of hybrid Expedition/Crafting event whereby the expedition tickets get you stuff for crafting.

Anyway I'm going off topic.

The main barrier to my spending is just getting tripe from the packs that the majority I already have. Honor hasn't really solved the issue as to get a single legendary citation would require air-locking 90 golds.

I'm just a monthly card player now; I extend voyages for dil and that usually provides more than adequate honor and chronos. For a voyage extension I can usually get around 600-1000 honor from a single voyage.

For a pack costing 650 dil the most I would get from airlocks is around 1000, so its a no brainier to me.
    I get chronos for leveling crew, I get honour to fuse up golds and 3/4* SR crew.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just un-nerf voyages and get rid of Galaxy events, they are totally broken and voyage chronos just emphasize the fact. I used to like them, but they became a mission in futility clicking and, god, how much do the animations **tsk tsk**!!

I'd like to see a more story rich event, different challenges and if they insist on the crafting could we have a kind of hybrid Expedition/Crafting event whereby the expedition tickets get you stuff for crafting.

The main barrier to my spending is just getting tripe from the packs that the majority I already have. Honor hasn't really solved the issue as to get a single legendary citation would require air-locking 90 golds.

I'm just a monthly card player now; I extend voyages for dil and that usually provides more than adequate honor and chronos. For a voyage extension I can usually get around 600-1000 honor from a single voyage.

For a pack costing 650 dil the most I would get from airlocks is around 1000, so its a no brainier to me.
    I get chronos for leveling crew, I get honour to fuse up golds and 3/4* SR crew.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I would just un-nerf voyages and get rid of Galaxy events, they are totally broken and voyage chronos just emphasize the fact. I used to like them, but they became a mission in futility clicking and, god, how much do the animations *hugs*!!

Jim

i agree with the voyage thing but doubt db will change it right after changing it,
    i like the galaxy event tho i do agree with the animations tho lol

really wish someone from db had gave some feed back tho behind why they do or dont do some of the things on the first post, would have been very interested in learning more info about game or the thought process behind some decisions

but i guess they are to busy, which i guess is understandable with only shan answering ?s
    they really need a couple more forum guys to talk to players