Home Engineering Room
Options

Poor multitasking since shortening startup time

[BL] C6pilot[BL] C6pilot ✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in Engineering Room
Ever since the startup time was shortened STT won't multitask as well on my Honor8 4GB/32GB RAM android phone. I used to be able to go back and forth between STT, calculator, email, messaging. Now, I'm lucky if I can have one other thing in the background. And there are times when just unlocking my phone will make STT restart.

So, any time saved by the faster starting is negated 10x over by having to restart endlessly. My tablet seems to be able to handle it better but once in a while, it too, will just restart STT. I can send a ticket from my phone so DB has the info but I'm wondering if this is afflicting a lot of players.

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only rarely switch back and forth between apps on my phone without it restarting STT. I have never been able to do so on my tablet without the game restarting. Both are running Android 6.0.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find I restart all the time.
  • Options
    I'm running Android 7.0 on both and had no problems multitasking a few programs with STT until the update that made the startup faster. My Samsung Tablet can only handle 1 or 2 small apps w/STT now. My Honor8 phone can't handle anything else with STT. And I haven't found any other apps on my phone that can't be multitasked together. It's just STT that restarts.

I'd gladly take the longer start time if it means no more restarting all day long.
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Noticing the game requires restart after just about everything since last update. Am sorrowed it loads slower now too.

Multitasking has become impossible.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    No problems on my galaxy s7 but I rarely have more than STT and Chrome open at the same time.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    Noticing the game requires restart after just about everything since last update. Am sorrowed it loads slower now too.

Multitasking has become impossible.
    Agree, it's more of a problem since the last major update.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't please everyone all the time. I used to wait 30 seconds for the game to start up. Now I wait about 5. I'm happy. In case you're wondering, I typically close all applications fully when I exit them on iOS.

Thank you DB. I'm glad you optimized startup.