Home Ready Room
Options

How does crossing timelines affect game play?

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
I am going to a job interview soon in the Phoenix, Arizona area. Flying there and then back in a day will cross a time zone. Does anyone know how that will affect the game? This will be during the faction event and shuttles will be flying.

(Incedently, I would appreciate any help on the best place to live around there from anyone who knows the area.)

Comments

• Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    No effect on shuttles as the event and shuttle timers are at the server level and not tied to your timezone. Event will end Monday at 12:00 PM (EDT) regardless of where you are. Shuttles will need to be in the are the amount of time stated when they were launched no matter if you cross timezones or not.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    The larger issue you'll have is if you do move. The chron boost times are tied to the local time zone when you create the account, so those will change. Also, AZ doesn't save daylight. If DB does the same as last year, event starts will change from 10:00AM AZ time to 9:00AM AZ time.

Where to live depends on a lot of factors. If you're looking for a new build house, you're probably going to be in the far east or west. East Valley is generally more expensive than West Valley, and probably has more/better amenities. Public transit is lacking, especially in the West Valley. There's been an effort to revitalize and improve downtown in recent years. Traffic is always an issue, and it seems like there's perpetual highway construction. It's getting better.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    arjuna wrote: »
    No effect on shuttles as the event and shuttle timers are at the server level and not tied to your timezone. Event will end Monday at 12:00 PM (EDT) regardless of where you are. Shuttles will need to be in the are the amount of time stated when they were launched no matter if you cross timezones or not.

For me, in Chicago, events end at 11:00 AM on Monday. Dabo and faction store refresh is the same time. Daily reset is at 11:00 PM. Chron boosts are at noon, 6 PM and 9 PM

• Options
    A couple months back I did a road trip as part of a work trip from Pennsylvania to Kansas City. It had negligible impact on the game play and I was driving back mid-event.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did it today. Crossing the time line did not seem to have an affect.