Home Engineering Room
Options

Mess Hall clarification

Can someone from DB please confirm what the new "Mess Hall" room does?

The official announcement says it reduces the "credit cost" of replicating.
But the in-game text specifically says it reduces the "fuel cost".

We've been told in the past that we should trust the in-game text when it conflicts with official announcements. Is that the case here?

Comments

• Options
    The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I didn't even notice that! If it's fuel cost and not credit cost that is pretty lame... If it's both then it's epic!
  • Options
    @Shan @Black Pebble Just came here to ask this question myself after tossing the question out to my fleet mates on Discord.
  • Options
    I didn't even notice that! If it's fuel cost and not credit cost that is pretty lame... If it's both then it's epic!

I would side with you on it being lame if it is replicator fuel and not credits. I am sure DB would be called out on it heavily if it is fuel since it is so easy to get via voyages and schematics. I personally could go 6+ months with no replicator fuel from voyages and most likely still have some schematics and replicator fuel left over.
  • Options

I would side with you on it being lame if it is replicator fuel and not credits. I am sure DB would be called out on it heavily if it is fuel since it is so easy to get via voyages and schematics. I personally could go 6+ months with no replicator fuel from voyages and most likely still have some schematics and replicator fuel left over.

I know right! I have something like 3200 Purple Replicator Rations and the same in Blue. It's the credits that are killing me.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    i'd much rather have it be a reduction in fuel.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moving this to Engineering Room.

This room reduces the credit cost and the in-game text will be corrected to reflect that.
    Thank you for pointing it out!
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

This room reduces the credit cost and the in-game text will be corrected to reflect that.

You're awesome! Thank you @Shan !
  • Options
    @The Great Gornholio -10% isn't much considering that we are getting 3 more uses and for me that adds up to 8 per day. I try not to replicate anything higher than 0-1* items, so I can usually make more from dailies, arena, gauntlet, voyages and missions than what I normally use for replication.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

You're awesome! Thank you @Shan !

@Shan I second this. Thank you for the clarification.
  • Options
    @The Great Gornholio -10% isn't much considering that we are getting 3 more uses and for me that adds up to 8 per day. I try not to replicate anything higher than 0-1* items, so I can usually make more from dailies, arena, gauntlet, voyages and missions than what I normally use for replication.

I'm just excited for both! 8 Replications per day will be EPIC. Also, I craft a LOT of 5* items so the 10% will help me quite a bit too. 25k off 5* items adds up lol
  • Options
    The little icon in the game has the credit icon on it even.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    CloneClone ✭✭✭
    The little icon in the game has the credit icon on it even.

Yes but they're always telling us to trust the in-game text on things like portal contents.
  • Options
    True. I just meant that it made sense it was a text error in game. Release notes and icon > in game text or if they have 2 out of 3 saying the same thing I'd hope the 2 is correct.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    Ice ManIce Man ✭✭✭
    Trusting the in game comments, it appears you can get all manner of interesting rewards I.ve never seen on Voyages. Just click the little I in a circle on the voyages screen to see an ever changing array of sample items you can't have.