Home Make It So!

Leonard Nimoy Tribute for February 27th.

I would like to suggest a tribute event , or at least an in-game mention of Leonard Nimoy, honoring him on February 27th. To mark the sad day of his passing. It's the least we could do for someone so pivotal for everything Star Trek.

Comments

• Make it So
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a terrific idea - and would be a great time to release a 5* CAPTAIN SPOCK wouldn't it?

mr-spock_73706_top.jpg?cache=1283682667
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for commemorating and remembering the life and legacy of Leonary Nimoy. However, I prefer to remember people on the anniversaries of their birth. Which in this case is March 26. Would also give DB more time to prepare something, since I'm sure they have February all planned out already.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • das411 wrote: »
    This is a terrific idea - and would be a great time to release a 5* CAPTAIN SPOCK wouldn't it?

100% This! This would be a PERFECT time for Captain Spock! SCI/ENG/CMD Please! Oh! And with INSANE proficiency. Especially Engineering!
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with general idea, agreed with date revision suggestion of a month later.

If his birthday was in August, then yeah February. But March isn't much further off.

• completely agree
  • Other candidates for a cool Spock are:

scndjjudkkon.jpg
    Kolinhar Spock

And

gkds48pksvt7.jpg

Court Martial Spock

Proud Member of Everlong and avid Star Trek Fan

• JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see Captain Spock (ideally with high CMD base, on par with XO Burney). Good idea to honor Leonard Nimoy! :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Signed LLAP
    Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • I remember walking through the Covent Garden Market (London, Ontario) on my lunch and my wife called to tell me about Nimoy's passing and I started tearing up. Since I was a little kid TOS had meant so much to me, thanks in a large part to Nimoy's work that even as an adult losing a childhood hero had an impact.

I'd love more Spock in this game.

Oh, if you've never seen it... I highly recommend watching Bruno Mars' The Lazy Song Official Alternate Video. Nimoy and... ;)
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    I'm all for commemorating and remembering the life and legacy of Leonary Nimoy. However, I prefer to remember people on the anniversaries of their birth. Which in this case is March 26. Would also give DB more time to prepare something, since I'm sure they have February all planned out already.

Since Nimoy is Jewish, my family and I will be honoring him on Feb 23rd in commemoration of his yahrzeit (death anniversary,) the 8th of Adar, according to the Jewish calendar.
  • Life or Death .... just honor him :) No one can deny his immeasurable contribution to Star Trek among many other things...
  • [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    True. Without Spock, I'm not sure Star Trek would have lasted these 50+ years.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arc Games gave a nice Permanent tribute to Leonard Nimoy aswell as Majell Barrett, James Doohan, Gene Roddenberry, DeForrest Kelley dotted around various iconic locations on the galaxy map
    ismsgl2vz48f.png
    2s1jf87cdqs6.png
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    das411 wrote: »

Unless Captain Spock was given away as a freebie to all to celebrate the life of an iconic actor and character otherwise I think it would be in bad taste if DB decided to monetise his memory with pack sales.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    das411 wrote: »

Unless Captain Spock was given away as a freebie to all to celebrate the life of an iconic actor and character otherwise I think it would be in bad taste if DB decided to monetise his memory with pack sales.

I would not think it in bad taste though to feature him in an event.. though some may see that as a money grab.