Home The Bridge
Options

StarBase Component Drop Rates

StarBase Components Drop Rate have become a subject of contention.
Nanopolymer Common Found on Away Team missions.
. . actually so common that many are using them as replicator fuel.
Transparent Aluminum Uncommon Found on Away Team missions.
. . seems ok with numbers from my perspective but could be a little bit better
Tritanium Common Found on Ship Battle missions.
. . the amounts needed vs the drop rate seems absurd,
Holoemitter Uncommon Found on Ship Battle missions.
. . ??? i have better luck getting the ultra rare items to drop.
our Starbase has gotten Component Lock Up on several occasions because Holo-emiters just don't drop in any quantity.
i have done plenty of space battles over the course of the past month.
in that time i have gained less than 1000 Holo-emitters
are we going to see any kind of fixx or trade of for this.
DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
[FSC] Peace Keepers
Gryphon [****] Adm

Comments

• Options
    The only thing DB has done to fix this is to raise the amount of Nanopolymer and Tritanium that is needed to complete a room level.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    High chron (18+) space missions yield the best holos-per-chron ratios. I am able to farm 2-300 per day by focusing on those missions. I believe today I turned in 350.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    High chron (18+) space missions yield the best holos-per-chron ratios. I am able to farm 2-300 per day by focusing on those missions. I believe today I turned in 350.

And that is where ad-warp is your friend.
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Indeed. I tend to have the best results doing ad-warps on Epic space battles from Episode 7. In my experience they drop holoemitters the most.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the past two weeks I've flushed at least 15,000 nanopolymers down my replicator intake hopper. They’re nice for when you somehow run out of schematics and don’t want to break into your hoard of replicator rations.
  • Options
    They either need to reduce the amount of rooms using holoemitters, reduce the amount needed or increase the drop rates. My fleet went through a stage of upgrading a room per day, but now we’re struggling because of the holoemitters.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wright wrote: »
    They either need to reduce the amount of rooms using holoemitters, reduce the amount needed or increase the drop rates.

I think the bigger problem is that components and equipment are not evenly distributed between away and ship missions. The number of useful away team missions is greater than useful space missions and that's what creates the imbalance.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    I spent 420 chronos and only got 96 holo emitters.
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »

It was my best friend until Motorola gave me a new Android version, now the Orange button does not show up anymore on that device/account :'( the same happens on Steam
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Do people actually have a problem with tritanium? Most of my fleet has over 10k and use it as replicator fuel as well. Holoemitters are the only one that matters in the slightest.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tritanium isn’t usually a problem for me unless I have to run a surplus of away missions to outfit my crew. Holoemitters are always a problem unless you have a lot of extra chrons and only run enough away missions to hit your daily target.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my Components DISAPPEARED......................
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Granted, it's not complete, but when I tested drop rates when they first came it they were pretty consistent, and have seemed to stay consistent since (based on just casually watching them).

Rare components (holoemitters and transparent aluminum) drop at a 1:3 frequency ratio to common components (nanopolymer and titanium).
    Then rare components drop at a rate per mission of 1:2 component to chron cost, while common components drop at a 2:1 component to chron cost ratio.

So running a 24 chron ship battle 4 times averages out to drop 48 titanium 3 times, and 12 holoemitters once.

Unfortunately DB hasn't distributed the most cost efficient, or even available missions, for leveling crew well. Most of my crew can only get components they need for gear either from away missions, or frequently the away mission is the cheaper way to farm the item.
    Since this would take time and work to re-balance, I see it never changing.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Ok I admit this is a crazy **tsk tsk** idea, but wouldn't it be interesting if they changed which starbase components dropped where monthly back and forth between the away missions and space battles?
  • Options
    it is still a problem regardless, StarBase is still getting locked up due to the drop failur of the less common items, even farming specifically for those needed items does not yield the numbers needed to build the starbase.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dropped about 1200 chrons on space battles yesterday, restocking items. I think i got 1500 tritanium to about 220 holoemitters.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    I dropped about 1200 chrons on space battles yesterday, restocking items. I think i got 1500 tritanium to about 220 holoemitters.

for many players that is weeks worth of chrons, to only attain 220 holoemitters is pathetic. yet the star base requires 10k of them so it will be like some time in the year 2020 to be able to build a few sections. yes i know a bit of exageration, but we get super loaded down with one item to the point of bursting. but cant gather much of any for the ones we need.

[FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options

for many players that is weeks worth of chrons, to only attain 220 holoemitters is pathetic. yet the star base requires 10k of them so it will be like some time in the year 2020 to be able to build a few sections. yes i know a bit of exageration, but we get super loaded down with one item to the point of bursting. but cant gather much of any for the ones we need.

It would take a very inattentive player to only get 1200 chrons in a week.

Even excluding fleet dailies, you get 240 per day in regen, 60 for hour rewards, and 50 for doing cadets (plus 150 more on MWF).

350×7 = 2450
    150×3 = 450

Nearly 3000 a week and that doesn't include fleet dailies, voyages, event rewards, or any from the gauntlet.

PLUS ad warps.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if there are specific factions that drop holoemitters if you run their shuttle missions?
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Nerfball6 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are specific factions that drop holoemitters if you run their shuttle missions?

There are not
  • Options
    [FSC] Adm: Gryphon[FSC] Adm: Gryphon ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Even excluding fleet dailies, you get 240 per day in regen, 60 for hour rewards, and 50 for doing cadets (plus 150 more on MWF).
    350×7 = 2450
    150×3 = 450
    Nearly 3000 a week and that doesn't include fleet dailies, voyages, event rewards, or any from the gauntlet.
    PLUS ad warps.

apparently you have not read the thread subject. it is about drop rate of holo-emiters.
    we are not talking about how many chrons we get. we are talking about the Holo-Emiters.
    having dumped in a few thousand crons to this event and only having obtained a whole 220 holo-emiters. no i did not stutter, i said 220, two hundred twenty. i know for a fact i have done many space battles. yet the drop rate for them **tsk tsk** the dark matter out of ones tail side.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    350×7 = 2450
    150×3 = 450
    PLUS ad warps.

apparently you have not read the thread subject. it is about drop rate of holo-emiters.
    we are not talking about how many chrons we get. we are talking about the Holo-Emiters.
    having dumped in a few thousand crons to this event and only having obtained a whole 220 holo-emiters. no i did not stutter, i said 220, two hundred twenty. i know for a fact i have done many space battles. yet the drop rate for them *hugs* the dark matter out of ones tail side.

And none of that changes the fact you were wrong in saying players dont get those kind of chronotons in a week.

Using hyperbole when the facts are already on your side already is just silly.
  • Options
    [FSC] Adm: Gryphon[FSC] Adm: Gryphon ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    ok so apparently acording some the holo emiters are not a problem
    Holo Emiters are not just Rare, they are down right Legendary.
    yet in the ST universe it seems Holo emiters are practicaly on every ship, starbase, and can be found all over the alfa quadrant. so why are they still so hard to obtain. seriously, this is rediculas.
    so please explain this, and yes we specificaly do space battles to get more holo emiters.

3rmdsj32642e.png
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Horrible starbase management, when u ending up with so many rooms which only need holos. Sorry, but thats not DB‘s fault.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    You have nearly 39k Holos spread out across the 12 rooms you posted. Enough to complete one or two of them had you invested them better.

Seems like you should get your fleet to focus on running more space missions. It takes a bit of working together, but it's totally possible to generate enough Holos to keep a decent enough balance. You've just waited so long to do anything about it that it'll take a long time to ever catch up.

My biggest recommendation is to try to hit the next skirmish event that comes along (provided it isn't radically changed). I left the last one with about 6000 Holos in my inventory, easily the most I ever had.
  • Options
    dont know how you got them, because they didn't drop at all for any of us during skirmishes.
    as for managing our fleet, we can only put in holo emiters if they are dropping. so your management comment is way off. we have had the holo emiter problem since its inception. but yet again we have a bunch of peeps thinking they have every thing figured out. there is very obviously a problem with drop rates when i can gain 10k of the other components daily and cant get holo emiter to drop in any numbers greater than 30 on high end 10x warp no mater what space battle is used. so it would seem to me that not every one has the same drop rates if you can gain those 6k HE.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    dont know how you got them, because they didn't drop at all for any of us during skirmishes.
    as for managing our fleet, we can only put in holo emiters if they are dropping. so your management comment is way off. we have had the holo emiter problem since its inception. but yet again we have a bunch of peeps thinking they have every thing figured out. there is very obviously a problem with drop rates when i can gain 10k of the other components daily and cant get holo emiter to drop in any numbers greater than 30 on high end 10x warp no mater what space battle is used. so it would seem to me that not every one has the same drop rates if you can gain those 6k HE.

I believe what the original poster means is.. that during a skirmish event, you need to do space battles in order to get the fuel required for the skirmishes, and as a result you get holoemitters, and since the rewards from skirmish include chrons it ends up giving you a chance for even more holoemitters, hence being a good way to get them.

You said that holoemitters did not drop during skirmishes? Yes they dont drop during the actual skirmishes, the drop in the space battles required to do the skirmishes.

This is assuming that db will even do this event again, and whether or not they nerf the reward for skirmishes, which knowing them is likely;)

That being said, I do not think any sane person would argue with you that the holoemitter drop rate isn't awful. they can claim/brag they have great fleet management, etc etc, that does not change the fact the the drop rate proportion of holoemitters vs the other parts is just plain silly and annoying.
  • Options

To make sure, those 6k were during the Skirmish event which 1) gave out an obscene amount of chron rewards and 2) heavily incentivized running space missions since that was the only way to gather intel to run more skirmishes. With a kit running, it felt nearly impossible to run out of chrons, so long as I was dumping them into space missions.

6k holos was basically the result of 4 straight days of 100% space missions and chrons rewards from the skirmish.

My experience with Holos was not unique either within or outside of the fleet.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Multi post, sorry
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Multi post, sorry