Home Make It So!
Options

Some new achievement ideas

Hello there!
The achievements are a nice addition to the game I think, but I feel there’s more that can be achieved ( :D )
I suggest two new achievements:
1. An achievement progression for how many factions you’re honourable with. Preferably rewarding, as the name suggests, honour, but that way, gaining more and more reputation with a faction gives you more than just the right to buy more faction missions at once and unlock more space in the shops.
2. An achievement for how many ships you own or have built to maximum level. The starships are in my view criminally underused in the game, but why not work with what is there? Getting all ships to the maximum level is one of my side-goals in the game, so why not add a little incentive to that by adding an achievement similar to the “How many crew members have you immortalised” one? Since theming rewards along ships wouldn’t make much sense, these could follow the same way other achievements reward you, i.e. a little amount of honour, Merits, credits, an occasional booster pack along the way... oh, the possibilities.

Am I alone with this opinion? Let me know what you think, fellow captains!

Comments

• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    The faction achievement definitely needs to make it in the game (I am honored with all but Dominion).

I would also like an achievement for all stars claimed from missions; (maybe we could have a little gold star added to our avatar or a gold font or something as well just to show how awesome we are! )

Ships, the whole Arena needs a re-vamp, and I would rather they did this then having more ship types and rewards.

That being said, perhaps ships could make part of the 'collections' theme of the vault (e.g. all Federation/Mirror/Klingon/Borg ships maxed). Special limited run schematics for new ships (not available on the open market, e.g. Enterprise E) for completing these ship collections would also be good.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Achievements for VIP beyond 14. Gimme something for spending a crap ton of money
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    smintili wrote: »
    Hello there!
    The achievements are a nice addition to the game I think, but I feel there’s more that can be achieved ( :D )
    I suggest two new achievements:
    1. An achievement progression for how many factions you’re honourable with. Preferably rewarding, as the name suggests, honour, but that way, gaining more and more reputation with a faction gives you more than just the right to buy more faction missions at once and unlock more space in the shops.
    2. An achievement for how many ships you own or have built to maximum level. The starships are in my view criminally underused in the game, but why not work with what is there? Getting all ships to the maximum level is one of my side-goals in the game, so why not add a little incentive to that by adding an achievement similar to the “How many crew members have you immortalised” one? Since theming rewards along ships wouldn’t make much sense, these could follow the same way other achievements reward you, i.e. a little amount of honour, Merits, credits, an occasional booster pack along the way... oh, the possibilities.

Am I alone with this opinion? Let me know what you think, fellow captains!

Amen
  • Options
    Achievements for VIP beyond 14. Gimme something for spending a crap ton of money

Not that VIP level 14 isn’t in itself enough of a reward.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smintili wrote: »

Not that VIP level 14 isn’t in itself enough of a reward.

Beyond 14, BEYOND 14

• Options
    1) reward a winning streak in gauntlet
    2)reward a winning streak in arena.

Give is some reason to even want to play arean please!
  • Options
    1) reward a winning streak in gauntlet

There is already a reward for gauntlet win streaks in the form of the gauntlet crates.
  • Options
    Maybe have a episode completion achievement for special characters, like immortalizing all four characters from Trials and Tribulations, or immortalizing Klingon Quark and Grilka as the House of Quark achievement.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!