Home The Bridge
Options

What are you doing with your voyage exclusive crew?

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in The Bridge
Since they give you one and only one of these crew they seem like a huge waste of a roster space. So what are you doing with your Lucien, clown, etc?! Trying to justify keeping them over airlocking.

What are you doing with your voyage exclusive crew? 119 votes

Airlock to the cold wastes of space
8%
The FishZombie Squirrel Kirkish1[SSR] GTMETI will not blame the player for my mistakesGreenStuffSecret JourneyCSR _WaylanderkapuNagilumwasright 10 votes
Pour honor into them to get 4 stars
10%
ADM Fletcher [ET][KM] UL1R53ProsserData1001South of SuluCaptain Sisko [AA]Travis S McClainIrialPlasmaFinnbarGib - Admiral MarinersMonolithix 12 votes
Hold them in case they ever give out more
81%
RabbWarrior WilloizausomeAstrometricsPeachtree RexAviTrekCaptain TFSabine of AthensCaptain DurfMuadDave[NDQ] Joker41NAMDpmtRocpileMordackabegheer1V.Capt. Chaos[DB:Do Better] More Tranya!Jhamel[TUFG] Siguard 97 votes

Comments

• Options
    I'm just sitting on them for now. I doubt I'll ever invest the honor in ff them.
  • Options
    Thot Gor, Guinan, and Worf got citations. Goat boy, the Clown and the Xindi got the airlock
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far, I'm not acquiring them.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't obtained a single one. I don't extend my voyages since the chron change, and I usually recall around the 7 hour mark.
  • Options
    Ditto - not one, and never get a second part of dilemma, even into 14 hours.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    I haven't gotten the dilemmas to line up before recalling. Not worth it for them or the other loot.
  • Options
    I haven't obtained a single one. I don't extend my voyages since the chron change, and I usually recall around the 7 hour mark.

I just got The Clown from a 6 hours voyage. While unlikely it is possible.
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
  • Options
    Dralix wrote: »

Yep. Avoiding at all costs.
  • Options
    Holding on to them but not putting any honor into it...
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    I only received Lucien so far so I'll hold on to him for now.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got two from 4 hour trips. They are on my list to equip, but due to events, they are not high priority.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got Guinan just for nostalgia. Leveled her but just gonna leave it at that. Citations are only for legendaries. Very few super rates are worth it
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honor/citations... but not right away. I can't bring myself to space any of them, knowing they may never be available again. If I absolutely hated any one of them I wouldn't have a problem with sending them out the airlock, but that's not the case. I'll probably get Col. Worf FF first... I have him at level 90, and although he's not the main variant, he does go well with my Worf set. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    I finally got Thot Gor, who was the only one I really wanted. I might use citations on him, at some point. But my strategy for now is to save those for main cast.

If I get that Clown, he's going straight out the airlock.
  • Options
    I have nice and comfy quarters to whomever decides to join the crew. So far it's only Colonel Worf and the Clown... been pretty unlucky with the dilemmas.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Thot Gor, Jannar and the Clown.

I'm not pressed for space right now and I'm keeping a 54K Honour reserve just in case. I'd rather wait and see if DB will allow some other method to get them.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    I'm keeping the voyage exclusives for now, not investing any honor yet.

I have some hopes DB will change the rules to allow these characters to drop from their dilemma's every time. This will encourage us players to extend our voyages, which is good for dilithium sales ;-)
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm holding onto them and building them when I have a few itemz to spare. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I have: The Clown and Thot Gor.

- Thot Gor is still 1/4 at lvl 1 and will stay so for the time being, though I do like his look and this was the one I was hoping to get when I initially heard of the Voyage-only crew.

- The Clown is lvl 100 and now 3/4. Even after spending 2 citations on him, 1 on Mother Horta and 1 on Duelist Yar (the last two for immortalisation purposes -> cryo both) I've still got over 130.000 Honor left ... For the time being, I'll leave The Clown at 3/4, he's been decent this event as a back-up ENG/SEC (has the Brutal trait) ... and unless we get another 3-4 Faction events in a row he'll be the next to get a citation for cryo purposes.

I have space for the others, but am not keen to level any of them ... really do not seem worth it. I'll keep 'em, but they'll simmer at lvl 1 for a long, long time.
  • Options
    There will eventually be another way to receive them, even if it is a worst chance offer. I don't extend voyages anymore after the last nerf. I only have Lucien and since they released them have not gotten a single path to get any of the others. So, for now, whatever I get will stay on the backburner because they are definitely not worth the honor.
  • Options
    I leveled the clown and he's fffe got thot gar last nite and it'll be awhile before I level him
  • Options
    No option yet. I haven't had a single Voyage exclusive so far, even though I have consistent 8hr+ runs. *pouts disappointingly*
  • Options
    I had none of these until 3 days ago, then snagged Thot at the 4 hour mark with back to back dilemmas. The very next voyage I missed recalling and had to refill and managed to get to the 10 hour mark, which landed me the clown, plus 2 other purples I needed. Keeping them for now.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    p377y7h33f wrote: »
    Dralix wrote: »

Yep. Avoiding at all costs.

I'm not avoiding them. They're avoiding me.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a couple that might be worth finishing, but Thot Gor and Lucian (the ones I have) aren't.
  • Options
    The DS9 fanboy in me would really like to get Thot Gor, but given the absurd amount of 1/4*s I've gotten through accumulation in voyages makes means I'm focusing on leveling and fusing up those boys and girls first so I'm avoiding any special crew rewards.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    Right now, I've been lucky enough to get Fierce Guinan, Thor Got, Lucien, and COL Work. Still no luck with Jannar. The Clown has been a real pain - I've had the requisite dilemma pop up many times even after following the right algorithms and the choice needed to get The Clown has been grayed out.

Anyway, I'm holding on to them for now. Guinan is FE and she has actually been out on a couple voyages for me, even at 1/4* and has been helpful. I would hope in the future that these voyage-only crew would provide some sort of "bonus" to voyages...it would give them a little bit more purpose more than just collecting them. Maybe if voyage-only crew, when associated with an event on the voyage could have an effect on antimatter? For example, if the event is successful, they would gain 10-15 antimatter instead of only 5. If there is a negative event, the ship only loses 20 antimatter. Or something similar to this.
  • Options
    I have Jannar and Lucien so far. Right now I have enough space that I don't have to worry about airlocking crew, so fully 20% of my crew slots (36/180) are going to random 1/4, 2/4 and 3/4 crew that I haven't bothered to level. They'll just sit there until I run out of space or run out of 1/5 crew to level, at which point I'll make a decision.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    The only one I got was the clown but then the voyage failed due to one of the recent outages for steam. I let it stay failed. I wouldn't have kept the clown anyway but am curious if I'm locked out for that character now or if you get locked out when you 'complete' the voyage. I assume the lock happens when you get the character but have no idea.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Have not gotten any of them.