Home The Bridge
Options

Save your honor: voyage exclusive crew (one-time) two-times only

So... after much talk about the secret meaning of "on-time only" or "one-time only" voyage exclusive crew and a lot of players decided to cite them thinking it was the only way to immortalize them... it happened again:

zsb1oisx4and.png

like the first time "the voice of the prophets" choice C. And it was the first time this dilemma appeared again.

Leveled just enough to scare my fleetmates. I think he'll stay at level 40 until I FF him, he's dropping me a lot of 2* security codes...

Comments

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I've hit that dilemma 4 times after getting my first Clown drop and never got a second.
    RNG? Fix? Change?
  • Options
    ninja patched fo sho
  • Options
    someone from discord suggested that since the clown drops may have been affected by a bug, it could be that DB did a count reset to the "one-time drop thingy"... so is this the last one I'm going to get till next bug?
    @shan could we please have an official answer on that?
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Are you sure you didnt get the first copy from a Glittering Treasures drops? There were several in my fleet that got Voyage Only characters from that.
  • Options
    Quite sure... I'm f2p and took screenshots both times...
  • Options
    Something DB wrote not being true.... Can't be.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes me happy. I FE'd the stinkin clown and now he's sitting. I'd love 3 more copies.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said in another thread, Voyage exclusive crew should only drop one time, and we will investigate a potential bug with this.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry Captain Reynolds, looks like they're going to take the second copy out of your account.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    That'll teach ya to keep your mouth shut, eh?
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan, does anyone at DB want to explain the rationale for this? These come across usually after extending voyages. If they are useless 1/4s, why would we spend to get them? Why not let them drop every time? This way you encourage me to seek out the crew.

This goes back to the argument for increasing the honor from dismissals. It seems like DB DRAMATICALLY overestimates how much we value a 1/4 or 1/5 when there is no in-game way to finish them.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be satisfied with 5 free crew slots to store my Voyage exclusive crew.
  • Options
    Sorry Captain Reynolds, looks like they're going to take the second copy out of your account.

https://youtu.be/o9_XcQCKp8o
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/o9_XcQCKp8o

HAHAH!! perfect reference!