Home Make It So!

Multiple gauntlets

Just wondering what people think of there being 3 different gauntlets with similar rules to the arena? So you would have a commander gauntlet with up to rare crew, a captain gauntlet with up to super rare crew and an admiral gauntlet with up to legendary crew able to be used.

This would mean DB would have to come up with new character rewards for each gauntlet though. You'd get Guinan (or whoever her replacement is) from the admiral rank, a 4 star from captain and a 3 star from commander.

Comments

• FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.. I say.. good idea, because I'm always looking for more things to do in the game and it would be more merit winning potential.
  • It would give us more to do, but with the ridiculously low drop rate of Guinan (at least for me), I think the rare reward should be available in all divisions. It might also help newer players who don't have the gauntlet beasts yet.
  • If they put that Legandary reward in lower guantlets, it would not help the newer players, because those who have the beasts in the current gauntlet, probably have enought FFFE to be beasts in any guantlet. The same problem would exist if the lower guantlets had gauntlet only characters. I know I would go for all three levels, unless the lower ones has charaters I have already FFFE.
  • Not that DB has any motive to do it, but I would like varied levels, if rewards were improved and matched to levels. I get tired of placing top 10 in the current Gauntlet set up just to get all 3* items I could get in 5 minutes on my own, let alone 48 hours of “playing”. With your prosposed idea it would be nice if rewards could be a little better.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Getting through just one gauntlet is already a grind. Just like the arena, I think most of us are just trying to get it over with as fast as possible, often just finishing with the bare minimum.

We need more things in the game that aren't an RNG grindfest. They could really try harder to come up with engaging content that is worth the time investment. More gauntlet isn't it.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Just wondering what people think of there being 3 different gauntlets with similar rules to the arena? So you would have a commander gauntlet with up to rare crew, a captain gauntlet with up to super rare crew and an admiral gauntlet with up to legendary crew able to be used.

This would mean DB would have to come up with new character rewards for each gauntlet though. You'd get Guinan (or whoever her replacement is) from the admiral rank, a 4 star from captain and a 3 star from commander.

Have you considered how this change might impact your Crew Slots?
    For example, I am assuming that today you have most of your 3 Star crew frozen away in the Vault, keeping only a minimal amount active for weekend Cadet Challenges. If this is accurate, how many more 3 Star crew would you need to have in your active crew quarters to effectively play in the proposed new Gauntlet division?
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »

Have you considered how this change might impact your Crew Slots?
    For example, I am assuming that today you have most of your 3 Star crew frozen away in the Vault, keeping only a minimal amount active for weekend Cadet Challenges. If this is accurate, how many more 3 Star crew would you need to have in your active crew quarters to effectively play in the proposed new Gauntlet division?

Preach. Mid- and high-level players minimize the number of 2* and 3* characters to only what is required for cadet missions and maybe the arena. Having to keep more of them around for a second gauntlet would be painful, especially for the mid-level players or anyone F2P who is starved for crew slots.
  • The challenge with doing multiple levels of the gauntlet is that you would still end up with walls of the "best" characters - it would just change who the "best" are.

Instead of Locutus maybe it's Talos Spock (just spitballing cause I don't recall his prof).

Point being, the cream will always rise to the top so there will always be 'walls.'
    Immortalized: 465
    Tour of duty: January 2016 to present.
    Shut up Wesley.