Home Make It So!
Options

Idea: Temporal Alignment Bonus

So we have all these characters from different episodes and movies... what if we matched out crew choices to actual canon-ish teams and received a bonus on shuttles and missions?

Regular crew could be one way of achieving this bonus, e.g., loading up tng Picard, Data, Worf, and LaForge into a four crew shuttle gives you an extra bonus.

Or having episode/movie specific teams gives a bonus, e.g., 1701 Sisko, 1701 Dax, Trader Odo, and Trader Worf as the Trials and Tribulations Team, or Major Kira, Klingon Dukat, and Glinn Damar as the Return to Grace Team.

Teams would have to fill the shuttle or mission (no Return to Grace team + Mirror Picard on a 4-crew shuttle), but still be valid if you fill a shuttle or mission with part of a team that's too big (e.g. TNG Picard, TNG Data, and TNG Troi get a bonus on a mission because you only pick three).

Then the bonus could increase based on the match as follows:
2 matched: 1.25 bonus
3 matched: 1.50 bonus
4 matched: 1.75 bonus
5 matched: 2.00 bonus

This bonus structure would favor base crew teams over special episode teams, so there's more opportunity for new or F2P players to take advantage of it since a lot of the base crew teams would have a lot of 1, 2, and 3 star characters to fill out, and fewer people overall would be able to assemble a 3 crew team like Vina, Pike, and the Keeper.
My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
3. Only pursue characters I care about.
4. Contribute to the fleet.
5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
6. Have fun.
7. Voyage.
8. Have fun!

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Not sure on the one hand this is good idea and I like specific characters weighted to particular missions. But from a F2P perspective i have just got one word..... "slots"
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO