Home The Bridge
Options

Was I the only one surprised by the $25 and $10 offer having the same crew

WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in The Bridge
I was expecting to buy the $10 offer. Then we get it and it is for Gillian Taylor. If I wanted her I could have bought the $25 offer. Now I am not going to take the chance that I will end up with three of her and no Horta.

I suppose DB figures those that are going to finish between rank 1500-3000 will buy this offer if they did not buy the $25. They also assume those going to finish in top 1000 will not buy the $10 with Horta as much as 1500-3000 with Gillian Taylor.

Edit: DB could put both $10 offers up. I would not be surprised if a lot of people would buy both.

Comments

• Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst part is they're inconsistent from week to week. In any case, thank you for saving me $10, DB. I think I'll order a pizza with that money instead.
  • Options
    Plus side is I got 2 Barclays with the 25 pack plus 1 horta. Can sit out of the rest of the event after that. No more thresholds to earn anyhow
  • Options
    I don’t understand how a company can be as clueless as DB seems to be each and every week and still be in business, yet here we are.
  • Options
    [FF] Kevin wrote: »
    I don’t understand how a company can be as clueless as DB seems to be each and every week and still be in business, yet here we are.

2 words: Star Trek
  • Options
    I bought the 25 dollar offer, and in the 5 packs FFed Gillian, also a 4th star for Barkley. 3 Hoirta whos is FFFE already.
  • Options
    [FF] Kevin wrote: »

2 words: Star Trek

More or less.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a question: I see the offer that gives a pitiful amount of money and chronitons with the Gillian card. It also gives packs I don't have crew space for. It also offers VIP, but does not say how much. So the question is: How much VIP?

My VIP is level 1 since I bought a monthly card a few weeks ago. I understand that when I hit level 2, that will give me 5 crew spots for free. I want those crew spots before the next event.

Will this offer give me that VIP level to 2? I had thought to wait for the Monday offer, but occasionally those offers are more than 10$ and usually they are things I don't want.

Another option for me is the 10$ dilithium purchase, but it seems so costly conspired to the monthly card. I almost want another faction event so I have more time to save up for crew spots.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the portal, open the Dilithium tab, then open the VIP benefits at the bottom (yellow box). There, you will see how many points you need to move up the VIP ladder.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    The worst part is they're inconsistent from week to week. In any case, thank you for saving me $10, DB. I think I'll order a pizza with that money instead.

In my case, it went on another mobile game. I bought one pack on release, got Taylor, so FE'd her, and plan to finish high enough to immortalise her - I planned on buying the £9.99 Horta pack as that's what DB have done for the last 2 events (switch the characters from the £25 to the £9.99 packs) even though I knew the two packs would almost certainly go out of the airlock unless they were Barclay. The moment I saw the £9.99 pack was Taylor, there was no chance I'd risk it, so that's that money lost for DB, and into another company's pockets. Why they don't offer both in both instances (the £25 and the £9.99) I honestly don't know...it's like they don't want our money sometimes...

Korrin
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Here is a question: I see the offer that gives a pitiful amount of money and chronitons with the Gillian card. It also gives packs I don't have crew space for. It also offers VIP, but does not say how much. So the question is: How much VIP?

My VIP is level 1 since I bought a monthly card a few weeks ago. I understand that when I hit level 2, that will give me 5 crew spots for free. I want those crew spots before the next event.

Will this offer give me that VIP level to 2? I had thought to wait for the Monday offer, but occasionally those offers are more than 10$ and usually they are things I don't want.

Another option for me is the 10$ dilithium purchase, but it seems so costly conspired to the monthly card. I almost want another faction event so I have more time to save up for crew spots.

I just looked 9.99 should give 500 VIP points.
    The VIP info shows 10 crew slots for level 2 VIP
    Only even levels of VIP give crew slots.
    But you should end up VIP 3.

Edit: VIP2 +10 crew slots
    VIP4 +10 crew slots
    VIP6 +15 crew slots
    VIP8 +20 crew slots
    VIP10 +20 crew slots
    VIP12 +20 crew slots
    VIP14 +20 crew slots for a total of 115 VIP crew slots possible
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would probably have bought this pack if it was for Horta, a guaranteed way of FF the card rather than relying on the lousy RND.
    The two extra packs would likely just yield more Taylors which I will get FF from the event rewards anyway, why the heck would I buy this?

Mabye its intentionally getting people to roll a dice and end up frustrated?
    I for one, aint buying!

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still hoping to see a post-event $9.99 offer for Horta Mama. I've got her FF on my main account, but she's only 3/4 on my 2nd account, so I'd love to not have to citation her up there, or Q forbid, airlock her.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    I'm not surprised, but I am a little annoyed. I was really hoping they would be consistent with the $9.99 offer.
  • Options
    @WaldoMag
    Thank you. That is what I didn't understand. Even VIP levels. That is very helpful.
  • Options
    Since I didn't like the 10$ ship offer this week, I grabbed the Gillian offer. With the 2 pulls, I got a 5* Barkley, another Gillian, a behold 4*(got star #3 for my Rerapenthe Reed), and another star on a few 3*, as well as honor and ship improvements. It was a good deal for me. And now, at VIP 3, I can warp 10 for the upcoming Galaxy event.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I mentioned in the $9.99 thread, this is an intentional strategy. Keeping you from being able to predict their behavior creates FOMO and they're hoping impulse buys.

"Micro"transaction games use a plethora of psychological techniques to manipulate you into becoming addicted and spending more money. This is just one more little avenue in that town.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I didn't like the 10$ ship offer this week, I grabbed the Gillian offer. With the 2 pulls, I got a 5* Barkley, another Gillian, a behold 4*(got star #3 for my Rerapenthe Reed), and another star on a few 3*, as well as honor and ship improvements. It was a good deal for me. And now, at VIP 3, I can warp 10 for the upcoming Galaxy event.

Glad you did well,
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I mentioned in the $9.99 thread, this is an intentional strategy. Keeping you from being able to predict their behavior creates FOMO and they're hoping impulse buys.

"Micro"transaction games use a plethora of psychological techniques to manipulate you into becoming addicted and spending more money. This is just one more little avenue in that town.

I was thinking similar to you. Also, trying to make people by $25 offer not knowing what they will do.
  • Options
    Would have bought the 10$ horta... won't buy the pack for Dil , waste of Dil , i will always get the ranked reward that i don't need...