Home The Bridge
Options

Gauntlet. Has anyone noticed this?

My Gauntlet has just ended and for so, just started. Here is a picture of my third round, I had a similar one for the second round, but I overwrote the file with the new images without changing the name... ooops.

wf6w2ln1nc98.png

So what does this mean? DB is populating the Gauntlet with dead/non-existant players. If it's not like that, how come a level 3 player, a just started one, have a levelled Seven of Nine! Apart from that how come he starts a Gaunt if he is not playing for 5 months already?

Comments

• Options
    Guest Guest  ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Level 50 Stardust and level 3 Captain are two different players. I suspect you have found a bug. I know, hard to believe, right?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I just checked my gauntlet. 2 opponents rank 10 and 11 have a fully leveled Mirror Picard and Obsidian Order Garak. But they're Captain level 3 and 4 and are offline. All other opponents have all been seen in the last 7, 6, 3, 3 hours respectively.

Queue DB's response about how it's a "bug" and that there's zero chance of them using bots. Even though this will now be what, the 3rd, 4th time we've caught them doing it.
  • Options
    This has happened on two different devices with different accounts! DB is populating the Gauntlet with zombies
  • Options
    So what does this mean? DB is populating the Gauntlet with dead/non-existant players. If it's not like that, how come a level 3 player, a just started one, have a levelled Seven of Nine! Apart from that how come he starts a Gaunt if he is not playing for 5 months already?

Well let's put it like this. If there were thousands of these fake account that DB would use to populate the Gauntlet and we had one thread per week about the dead players in the Gauntlet, I'd be somewhat ready to support this opinion.

One single case? Meh. As demonstration of foul play, one single occurrence is... meh.

And this just looks like a glitch. Seriously, look at that 5* Kirk: to me it looks like either an account got a bit corrupted in the servers, or you got some visualization error, or your device received incomplete info due to lag and patched together something weird.

Got many more dead players in the Gauntlet?
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Just in case my comment gets moderated, here are the screenshots from my gauntlet.

nq5xocjihar2.png
    dh8lpkv5d5ot.png
    ei1uwma305zf.png
    bhxrdftonvau.png
    c3zppkjlzf0e.png
  • Options
    I encourage each one of you that you do this verification yourself upon just starting a new Gauntlet. I repeat both of my accounts were like this on the first 3 rounds and one of my fleet colegues confirmed it.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    This is a known bug that occurs when players switch DBID’s. I don’t know what the process to clear it is, but they are actual players who are playing.

Let's just see next Gauntlet in two days, and by the way, your appeared really soon, I have even called Shan once to close a thread I opened and the thread is still open, and I wish I could see ads in my recently Android updated device a Motorola G5+, DB owes me that one for a week and days already much more than almost 30 minutes that took you come here. I still can't see ads and that is a lot of chronitons I can't use daily...
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    No, I am not accusing him of anything, it's just curious how fast he appeared. I can't accuse him of anything, it's the first time I see him on a thread, but now that he apeears, I took the opportunity to let an admin know of ticket I submitted last saturday. As simple as that.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    No, I am not accusing him of anything, it's just curious how fast he appeared. I can't accuse him of anything, it's the first time I see him on a thread, but now that he apeears, I took the opportunity to let an admin know of ticket I submitted last saturday. As simple as that.

Right? When so many other questions get crickets. And it’s a Sunday. Anyhoo, last gauntlet there was someone in 2nd place sho was captain level 99. There was no avatar. Clicking on it would not take me to that persons bridge crew and info. There are phony players in events too. During the Mirror Troi event, someone was in first the first day. The next day that person, simply Christopher, shot up 400,000 points in ten minutes then did nothing the rest of the day. Being a faction event, this is impossible to succeed 100 4000 VP missions in ten minutes.

• Options
    Christopher has posted here. Seemed real enough.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. There’s lots of people with that first name
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Right? When so many other questions get crickets. And it’s a Sunday. Anyhoo, last gauntlet there was someone in 2nd place sho was captain level 99. There was no avatar. Clicking on it would not take me to that persons bridge crew and info. There are phony players in events too. During the Mirror Troi event, someone was in first the first day. The next day that person, simply Christopher, shot up 400,000 points in ten minutes then did nothing the rest of the day. Being a faction event, this is impossible to succeed 100 4000 VP missions in ten minutes.

10 minutes = 600 seconds.
    600 seconds / 50 missions = 12 seconds.
    2X Boost, Crew 1 thru 3/4/5, start, dilithium, confirm, complete, claim —> N seconds.

If N <= 12, then it is possible. Nimble fingers and a large bank account help, I reckon! 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭

2X Boost, Crew 1 thru 3/4/5, start, dilithium, confirm, complete, claim —> N seconds.

If N <= 12, then it is possible. Nimble fingers and a large bank account help, I reckon! 🖖🏻
    Also that was a hybrid event, so maybe possible it was the Galaxy portion at that time?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Magisse wrote: »

Also that was a hybrid event, so maybe possible it was the Galaxy portion at that time?

It was not. It was the faction part that is why I was so surprised. I have spoken with others who are trying to find DB bots and they say this is one of them. And I figured someone would go through the OMG there is a .000000001% chance someone could have done it so yeah, can’t deny it was a person. Next you’ll tell me oh yeah. That’s common.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought if you didn't play Gauntlet your account got added as a bot to make up the numbers but that has since been debunked.
  • Options
    I WANT THAT GOLD KIRK!!!
  • Options
    If I recall, the 5* Kirk was a result of an error in the tutorial that was supposed to be fixed a long time ago.
  • Options
    In my current round of gauntlet I have a captain lvl4 who does not play for 5 months and another level 3 with Admiral Riker leveled, and I do not have two accounts, do not change DBID
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    To-Ni wrote: »
    In my current round of gauntlet I have a captain lvl4 who does not play for 5 months and another level 3 with Admiral Riker leveled, and I do not have two accounts, do not change DBID

I think the issue is that they have 2 accounts....not you. But I could be mistaken.
  • Options
    To-NiTo-Ni ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »

I think the issue is that they have 2 accounts....not you. But I could be mistaken.

I do not have two accounts ... but the same problem of zombie opponents
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    To-Ni wrote: »
    Pallidyne wrote: »

I do not have two accounts ... but the same problem of zombie opponents

One more time, I think the issue is that the 'zombie' opponents are folks who have multiple accounts and it's showing their other account erroneously. At least that's how I read BPs post. (and his prior several posts on the subject in other threads)
  • Options
    Meh. There’s lots of people with that first name

I'm not going to search for it, but I remember he was asked if he was that Christopher and he said yes. But overall I think Meh is the right response to all this.
  • Options
    I WANT THAT GOLD KIRK!!!

If you pay attention to that Kirk, it's just the Uncommon one, the one that has only two star, I am sure you have it as a green crew already.
  • Options
    Christopher is a very real player.
    He very much whaled to get into that spot.
    He very much is not a DB employee or bot.

Y'all need to stop munching on those Tide Pods.

Whales come in pods, too...

*slow clap*
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    I WANT THAT GOLD KIRK!!!

If you pay attention to that Kirk, it's just the Uncommon one, the one that has only two star, I am sure you have it as a green crew already.

I do...BUT STILL I WANT THAT GOLD VERSION!!!
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭

Whales come in pods, too...

n3xiuvk4c11i.png
This discussion has been closed.