Home Strange New Worlds
Options

Star Trek Discovery Episode 13 SPOILER Thread. Spoilers! You were warned.

WOW! The SCALE of this episode was bigger than most of the Star Trek movies!

Seeing evil Lorca onscreen was intense! It's a real shame they couldn't stretch his campaign out over another episode or two. His death was AWESOME though.

Everything in this episode was so insanely beautiful, from the phaser blasts to Discovery at warp, to the spores.

Real shame they didn't do more with Mirror Stamets and Landry! I could have had another episode on their backstories too.

Insane!

Comments

• Options
    [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    And seeing Michelle Yeoh's fight scenes reminds me of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Fun to see her still kicking a**.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't decide which one I'd rather date: Prime Kayla Detmer or Mirror Kayla Detmer.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was, once again, a very cool episode. Perhaps they will go back to the Mirror universe to rescue the real Lorca.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Epic fight between Lorca and Georgiou! Wish it had been a little longer, but awesome nonetheless.

Happy to see Landry back as well, if only for one episode...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Personally I hope they never turn up the Prime Universe Lorca. It's too cliche. Let Jason Isaac's story end with this fabulous death.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    It was, once again, a very cool episode. Perhaps they will go back to the Mirror universe to rescue the real Lorca.

Technically we do not know whether he is in the Mirror universe, or if he is even still alive ...
  • Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »

Technically we do not know whether he is in the Mirror universe, or if he is even still alive ...

I took the transporter accident story to mean that the prime Lorca ended up on the ISS Boran as it exploded?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    You know what's always funny to me? I get that they have to have everyone's doppelganger because actors blah blah etc, but... When we arrive in the Terran Universe, most (all?) of the main characters are present and assigned to the same ships as Prime Starfleet. Much less plausibly, they have identical fleets, ship names, and ship designs - which is nonsense given that the Federation is peaceful/scientific and the Terran Empire would build heavily armed warships and likely give them more threatening names. But that's all unimportant - its fine, for the purposes of the story, whatever. Our stars then proceed to kill almost the entire senior leadership of the Terran Empire and blow up the flagship.

Basically what I'm saying is that you can only pop into a Mirror Universe so many times and "hug" stuff up before it becomes literally impossible for characters/crews/ships to be identical in every time period (Kirk era, then TNG era, then DS9 etc.) And yes, I realize the counter-argument is "maybe that's exactly how their timeline unfolded, and the interference with our Prime Universe was always a part of that, blah blah blah. And yes, that would work out very well, considering we have a certain cast of actors that need to be included. It's just HILARIOUS to me. I enjoy laughing.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    arjuna wrote: »

I took the transporter accident story to mean that the prime Lorca ended up on the ISS Boran as it exploded?

That is a great point. The story where everyone on his ship died in an explosion except him

• Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    arjuna wrote: »

That is a great point. The story where everyone on his ship died in an explosion except him

Sorry, I have now gotten confused between whether we are talking about what happened in the prime universe or the mirror universe, or maybe it is both simultaneously ...

When Lorca (now we know it was the mirror version) met Tyler on the Klingon prison ship along with Mudd, he said he had had the Boran destroyed, so that his crew would not be taken prisoner. Which of the following is your best guess for the 'real story' behind this:

1. Mirror Lorca did in fact have the U.S.S. Boran destroyed, and he did this because he knew that Prime Lorca was on it, and he wanted to eliminate his double, so that he could assume his identity.
    OR
    2. Mirror Lorca somehow managed to escape from the U.S.S. Boran just prior to it be destroyed by others, and he made up the story in #1 to explain how he (i.e., pretending to be Prime Lorca) survived the battle.
    OR
    Some 3rd option different from the above.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That fight sequence is one of the best choreographed fights I've seen in any ST series or film. And this part, with Yeoh kicking away a knife that's thrown at her — awesome.

tumblr_p3bsziaVzT1qdk2wao1_540.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"