Home Make It So!
Options

Useless Legendary Drops - Do SOMETHING - Anything...

I Today got a Legendary Drop From the "Merit Rewards Portal". Wow - such a luck! But It was Captain La Forge, whom I have immortalised already. OK, you would say I didnt spent any money so wheres the problem.
vx9ra2971xd7.png

I dont buy premium portals, because approximately two thirds of Super Rare drops (single and also beholds) are ones I have immortalised already. Its annoying, but I got used to it - I simply dont spend money to buy those portals (although I used to buy them regularly when I could use them). But 5*s are something different. They are extremely rare and extremely difficult to complete. So tell me - what should I do, when I collect 45k honors for Legendary behold pull and then I got 3 already immortalised ones? Change that drop for 550 honors? Because I see that day coming very fast.

So this whole idea is: Please add some functionality to the game, that I can get something I can use. For example a option to change (reset) behold results when I have all crew immortalised - do it for example for merits or something similar. If you think, maybe add this option just for VIP14 (I believe lower VIPs wont have so big problem with behold duplicates), or just for Legendary crewmembers.

You now, I play this game since april 2016, but now there is great problem: I want to play, but you are constantly giving me tons of stuff, that is ABSOLUTELY useless for me (see picture) and obtaining anything useful is harder and harder...
k4ckr9v9eylo.png
Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault

Comments

• Options
    ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    I believe you're at the point where you can say you won the game.

You can always make a fresh account and start over.
  • Options
    The Super-Rare Behold / "I've got all of them immortalized" happens to me a lot too.

You know those Ship Schematics you have pretty useful in the replicator.

I do see you have Replicator Rations, but not that many and your Starbase will always need those holoemitters.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have 3200 holoemitters just sitting around, you have definitely won the game. Try an F2P 2nd account for a more challenging experience.
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    I believe you "won" this game, when you have all crew immortalised. For me, there is a long way to that point... Im just trying to make more meaning in playing it.
    I do see you have Replicator Rations, but not that many and your Starbase will always need those holoemitters.

I do use ship schematics for replicator, of course. But I have more replicator fuel (already), that I would ever use (or have Credits to use). Im VIP 14 so I use 5 replicators every day. My reserves still does not seem to decrease.
    Try an F2P 2nd account for a more challenging experience.
    Since this is a collecting game, the ONLY difference between F2P and P2W account is (or should be), that by P2W you collect them faster. Thus there is no point in starting new account. And there are still crewmembers I want to collect. BUT I CAN'T, SINCE I CAN'T SPEND MONEY ON ANYTHING USEFUL. Im not a whale, since I dont spend more than 20€/month on average, but now there is practically nothing to spend Dilithium for. I want this to be changed - by adding that functionality of resetting behold with all immortalised crewmembers.

Or you all think that is a bad idea? And thus convincing me to start F2P?

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    koba wrote: »
    I believe you "won" this game, when you have all crew immortalised. For me, there is a long way to that point... Im just trying to make more meaning in playing it.

I do use ship schematics for replicator, of course. But I have more replicator fuel (already), that I would ever use (or have Credits to use). Im VIP 14 so I use 5 replicators every day. My reserves still does not seem to decrease.
    Try an F2P 2nd account for a more challenging experience.
    Since this is a collecting game, the ONLY difference between F2P and P2W account is (or should be), that by P2W you collect them faster. Thus there is no point in starting new account. And there are still crewmembers I want to collect. BUT I CAN'T, SINCE I CAN'T SPEND MONEY ON ANYTHING USEFUL. Im not a whale, since I dont spend more than 20€/month on average, but now there is practically nothing to spend Dilithium for. I want this to be changed - by adding that functionality of resetting behold with all immortalised crewmembers.

It’s always your decision of what works for you. I’m at the diminishing returns point but I find my game joy in new event crew. Not buying them is even better. Fighting to win them by playing the event the best I can is what keeps me going.

• Options

I personally don't regret having gone F2P.

See it like this: if I were you, I'd try going f2p and seeing how fast I acquire new crew and whether I'm happy with the increase in my crew and I'm having fun in the game. If I'm unhappy, I can resume the spending immediately.

But as an experiment... it can't hurt, can it?

Or better, it can only hurt DB's finances, and maybe give them an incentive to change something.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    See it like this: if I were you, I'd try going f2p and seeing how fast I acquire new crew and whether I'm happy with the increase in my crew and I'm having fun in the game. If I'm unhappy, I can resume the spending immediately.

But as an experiment... it can't hurt, can it?

Or better, it can only hurt DB's finances, and maybe give them an incentive to change something.

Im not sad about my spending - Im simply not buying premium portal offers. But this is not about F2P/P2W. This is about what can be done to improve useless beholds, that could be useful - and thus more attractive for anyone.

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should put a "full house" behold sensor / detector in the algorithm and when determined that one has been struck, a new flashy pretty graphic should come and say something like
    "You have put together a very honored crew"
    Then drop 1/3 the honor equaling a citation for the rarity in which you pulled from.

So a super rare, full house behind would give you 6000 honor, a legendary would be 16700 honor (approx)

Then people would be happy to have full house Beholds and I could go back to buying the 10 x10 for $10 deals
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why I am not immortalising any more green or greys - i'm saving those for rainy days when you hunt for legendaries. But to be honest you waited this long can you not wait till you get enough honor for citations?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    This is about what can be done to improve useless beholds, that could be useful - and thus more attractive for anyone.

The community has already provided a wealth of good ideas about how to improve the useless beholds. We have seen many, very eloquent pleas.

I'm not saying that it's pointless to write more, but DB's inaction speaks volumes: these pleas are not enough to sway them.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I agree with koba completely. I have over 100k trainers.... Far too many ship schematics to count (over 200k) and over 5000 replicator rations... Why can't we swap this useless stuff for honour... I mean battle arena... Do I need to add to my 12,700 borg cube schematics... No
  • Options
    No idea why I changed to guest... Above was by me...
  • Options
    Grrrr
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with koba completely. I have over 100k trainers.... Far too many ship schematics to count (over 200k) and over 5000 replicator rations... Why can't we swap this useless stuff for honour... I mean battle arena... Do I need to add to my 12,700 borg cube schematics... No

Swapping useless stuff for honour would be great.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    At last count there are over 200 5* cards in the game. I have 129 of them, 66 are immortal. So roughly 64% owned, 33% immo. Yesterday I pulled 15 packs, got 3 begolds and wait for it........ALL THREE were 5*s I had already immo'd. And this isn't the first time. If I had 3/4's of the cards immo'd that would be one thing, but not 1/3.

I save and save to be able to spend on packs and this is what I get. There really needs to be an option for a re-roll on 5*s...make it cost dil/credits/honor something, anything, but at least give us 1 chance to try for a card we need with and extra roll.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    If I were in your shoes, and I'm certainly not, my ongoing motivation would still be to complete everything, but I think I'd take a side-mission of helping other players. I'd probably go looking for a fleet of mid-lvl people, join or start a squad, and try to boost squad mates in events and build their starbase. Give experienced advice to newer players, etc.
    Be the wise man in the crowd.

But that's just me. 😉
  • Options
    They've got your cash already. How much more are they going to get from you?
    So what do they care?
    Be like everyone else that has won the game.
    Play for the events. Buy your event packs, because there's nothing else new to buy.
    Hit threshold thursday or friday, and call it a day.
    Go back and play Halo: Reach.
    Now there was a game.
  • Options

If I were in your shoes, and I'm certainly not, my ongoing motivation would still be to complete everything, but I think I'd take a side-mission of helping other players. I'd probably go looking for a fleet of mid-lvl people, join or start a squad, and try to boost squad mates in events and build their starbase. Give experienced advice to newer players, etc.
    Be the wise man in the crowd.

But that's just me. 😉

I started playing in August last year. I achieved:
    - All missions finalized
    - 20 hours voyage finished
    - All cadet challenges finalized
    - Been number 1 at the same time at all the Arena events (same time at Commander, Captain and
    Admiral Division)
    - All factions at Shuttle missions finished
    - 260 crew fully equipped (total crew of 499)
    - Level 70

So a lot accomplished in a little more than a year. So what to do next. I have to agree with Vice Admiral Wolff, when asked by our Admiral, I stepped up and got Squadron Leader. As recently our Admiral decided to leave and asked for a replacement, I went for it. Since then our Fleet added a few Level to the Fleet levels and I am proud to have a great Fleet around. Aside from that I am still trying to get some more crew get maxed up. I probably will be at a finishing point if we are up to level 100 (currently 66), and I have been at the top of the list during a event.

Well that still leaves a lot to desire, but getting new goals in the game make it worthwhile, and if you want to pay money or not is something that hasn't got anything to do with that.

If you don't have any fun in the game anymore, there is only one option, quite. For me that moment is right now still in the future, but if it comes I will make that decision for myself, and that's something everyone has to do for theirselves.

All the negativity doesn't help, if you're not happy with the game (anymore), you probably should think about how you would like to go on.