Home The Bridge

@Shan - We need clarification about the Voyage only crew

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
Shan,
We were told that the voyage only crew will only drop once (making them useless 1/4's unless we dump honor into them). However some people have claimed to receive a drop twice. I am trying to decide if I should airlock them or hold a roster spot. Can you confirm?

Comments

• Yes a confirmation would be great. I'll go chasing them if they drop more than once for sure
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voyage specific crew should only drop one-time only. We will investigate the reports that it might not be the case.
  • Shan wrote: »
    Voyage specific crew should only drop one-time only. We will investigate the reports that it might not be the case.

Thx, for the clarification! But can they appear on the Dabo Wheel or are they "voyage exclusive exclusives"?
  • You must have gotten mine. I don't think I have gotten a Part 2 of any dilemma (Voyage exclusive giving or otherwise) since before these crew were introduced
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Jim Raynor wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »

Thx, for the clarification! But can they appear on the Dabo Wheel or are they "voyage exclusive exclusives"?

People got them in the elusive treasures pack
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Voyage only.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

Voyage only.

They DID appear in Glittering Treasures packs.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Voyage only.

They DID appear in Glittering Treasures packs.

That one time, yes - and it was not intended.
  • Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    Already have my Jannar, and did the choice that would have given me a 2nd. But, got Richard Castillo. So, I can at least confirm this one was once only.
    tfpl2dagudq4.png
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I likewise did the same for Lucians Dilemma and got Chief O'Brian.
    DB: Do Better
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the logic of them being a "once only" drop, once you get them all, what incentive is there to extend voyages? I would be much more encouraged if there was a chance to add a star.

Or at least have them in drop pool for said dilemma...
  • Agreed with last two posts, or (my view of) the least, have the path lead to a guaranteed 4* of any sort.
    Go though all the steps to follow the path and all ya get is a 3*? At least not voyage exclusive 4* should drop.

(But the two posts above me are better)
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the logic of them being a "once only" drop, once you get them all, what incentive is there to extend voyages? I would be much more encouraged if there was a chance to add a star.

Simple, we don't want you to have any honor, so this is a pure honor sink hole. And HAH!!!! the whales are still buying packs of nothing but honor, so we get to push them to burn even more Benjamins.
  • Dropping once is stupid. The chances of getting more copies adds value to voyages and an incentive to spend dilithium on them. Especially after that horrible chroniton nerf.
  • kobakoba ✭✭✭
    Shan, one more question, please:
    If I hypotetically airlock this dropped one-time only - voyage-specific crewmember - that means that it is lost forever, since it will never drop again, yes?
    Or, is it's dropping or not-dropping connected with it's presence in active crew roster?

Thanks!
    Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    koba wrote: »
    If I hypotetically airlock this dropped one-time only - voyage-specific crewmember - that means that it is lost forever, since it will never drop again, yes?
    Or, is it's dropping or not-dropping connected with it's presence in active crew roster?

Thanks!

You're reading way too much into their programming. It's a boolean on the server side check. Has this event ever happened yet? Checkbox, yeah, roll standard crap.

Two, they're not doing a server side search on your crew, and saying is there more than zero in there, ok, lets be nice and give him the crew again.

One, this is an impulse buy item, force dollar expenditures by extending the voyage.
    One point five, remove stockpiled honor by forcing a spend on a one time drop they can't ever fuse.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    koba wrote: »

Thanks!

You're reading way too much into their programming. It's a boolean on the server side check. Has this event ever happened yet? Checkbox, yeah, roll standard crap.

Two, they're not doing a server side search on your crew, and saying is there more than zero in there, ok, lets be nice and give him the crew again.

One, this is an impulse buy item, force dollar expenditures by extending the voyage.
    One point five, remove stockpiled honor by forcing a spend on a one time drop they can't ever fuse.

That seems spot-on. The trouble is, most people don't understand Boolean. It's the easiest explanation. Well said.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I wish I would have read just got Lucien on my 2nd account. He will be out the airlock. As soon as I complete the voyage.

Edit: He has gone into the great expanse.
  • kobakoba ✭✭✭

Got it, thanks. But then I failed to see the POINT of adding such crew into the game, since I doubt anyone would have stockpiles of Honors not meant to be spent for Legendaries.

...well maybe some superwhales would have...

Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault
  • I never realised I couldn't make the voyage only crew FF from voyages alone...feels very stupid to force people to use 48k honor to do that especially given they're not event that good as crew! Cmon dB be sensible and allow them to keep dropping no matter how many you have
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Air locked mu Lucian, can’t waste space on a 1/4
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they just drop once then we cant finish them and vault them without honor and they will forever take up a crew slot unless they get put in an event or packs.
    Let’s fly!