Home The Bridge
Options

Voyages new crew question, DB or someone who truly knows Please reply

What does it take to get the new crew. I have chosen the correct path but I have never seen a part 2 come up and all the Dilemmas are always the same ones. I have done voyages that are over 20+ hours. What does it take to get the dilemmas to pop up. How much dilithium is DB going to make me use to even get 1? Am I just totally unlucky that not one of them has popped up even tho I choose the correct path in the dilemma? I have done many voyages since they made the change to Voyages.

Comments

• Options
    NasHam wrote: »
    What does it take to get the new crew. I have chosen the correct path but I have never seen a part 2 come up and all the Dilemmas are always the same ones. I have done voyages that are over 20+ hours. What does it take to get the dilemmas to pop up. How much dilithium is DB going to make me use to even get 1? Am I just totally unlucky that not one of them has popped up even tho I choose the correct path in the dilemma? I have done many voyages since they made the change to Voyages.

Just unlucky. I got to part 2 for 2 of the characters within the first week and haven't gotten another since then.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNGesus strikes again. I got the first two dilemmas for Fierce Guinan at 2 and 4 hours in and stretched the voyage out to 12 hours before giving up on the third and final dilemma. I’m thinking it’s better to assume I will never get them and if I do it will be a nice surprise.
  • Options
    A 72 hour voyage will get you all the one time drops, (36 dilemma's X 2 hours). I would assume that total time can be cut short by selecting options that prevent Part 2 from showing. Someone on here already stated none of the 6 one time crew showed up until the last 8 dilemma's suggesting they are as elusive as the top row in the DABO wheel.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    No where near as elusive as that. Just bad luck. I'm a little surprised none of the part 2s showed up after 20 hours, but I guess it is possible.
  • Options
    eXo | Cadet MatteXo | Cadet Matt ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Gwilli-ak wrote: »
    A 72 hour voyage will get you all the one time drops, (36 dilemma's X 2 hours). I would assume that total time can be cut short by selecting options that prevent Part 2 from showing. Someone on here already stated none of the 6 one time crew showed up until the last 8 dilemma's suggesting they are as elusive as the top row in the DABO wheel.

I received two of the six voyage-specific crew (The Clown and Jannar) on 8-hour and 10-hour voyages respectively. I haven’t hit the Dabo top row in over 18 months. So, I don’t think they’re quite that elusive.

However, if you aren’t willing to spend dilithium to extend voyages you’ll likely only see 3-4 dilemmas per voyage. The odds of receiving both parts of a 2-part dilemma in that duration is fairly low.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Options
    Just yesterday I got the two dilemmas for the Clown one after another at hour two and four respectively. I then nabbed a third star for Tuskegee Mayweather at hour 6 and recalled soon after (even though I still had 1400 antimatter before my first refill). It is possible. Just down to luck I guess. I did a 3 day voyage (just after the new Voyage crew were announced) and got everything except the 3rd Guinan dilemma, so she's still eluding me. I'll keep my fingers crossed for all 3 in a row someday or if I get the first two may pay for a few refills but I'm running freebie voyages for now.
  • Options
    RNGesus must have been smiling on me (a first I think) as I got 2 to drop at the 4 Hour mark, which was as far as the Voyage was going as it was during the previous two Events where my MED Crew were all on duty for the Event and had a very very very low Skill value for MED on each Voyage. Just lucky I guess to get Part 1 and Part 2 in succession on what were "Hail Mary" voyages just to send something out.
  • Options
    I have gone to 16 hours, and several 12-14 hours and ONLY ONCE got a part 2 of a dilemma. And that was strangely at the 4 hour mark, needing the part 3 for Worf, which never came...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    You said you choose the correct paths. I’m not sure if you did or not but here is the correct paths crowd sourced by our good wiki friends

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Dilemmas
  • Options
    To be honest, I don't think DB has a good handle on the voyage-only crew:

- COL Worf was available in the Glittering Treasures pack (6500 DIL); players received multiple copies of him.
    - The Clown is not dropping for "The Voice of the Prophets" for some players. Choice "C" is grayed out. Tickets have been submitted to CS with differing responses/compensation.
    - Players reporting multiple copies of obtaining duplicate copies of voyage-only crew after they have already been received.

These are just some examples that have been posted here on the Forums. I would hope that DB can get a handle on this and provide a transparent update.
  • Options
    PaPa ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    For me the third choice for Tools at Hand is always grayed out. Is that normal?
  • Options
    Pa wrote: »
    For me the third choice for Tools at Hand is always grayed out. Is that normal?

Yes. If you choose "torpedo" in the first part, the second part answer for "deflector array" will be greyed out, and vice versa.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I need help with The Clown, and can't seem to get an adequate response from DB customer service, who are usually quite helpful for me. I'm not sure if it's a matter of human error, bad luck, wiki mistakes, or a bug, but I am now 0-for-4 trying to get The Clown.

About a month ago I did my 20-hour voyage and followed the wiki, choosing "Debate the Vedek" in part 1, yet option-C was still locked when I encountered part 2. I opened a ticket and was basically told not to trust the wiki, and that more than that single previous selection could impact my ability to get The Clown.

Over the past month I encountered both parts twice more. Heeding the advice of DB CS, I tried selecting both option-B and option-C in part 1, yet both times option-C was locked in part 2. I assumed that another selection I made in a seemingly unrelated dilemma must have had an effect on part 2.

Then yesterday I got part 1 at the 2-hour mark (stuck with the wiki and chose option-A "Debate the Vedek"), and part 2 at the 4-hour mark. I was excited, since clearly there were no other dilemmas that could possibly have impacted the outcome, as these were the first two I encountered on this particular voyage. However, option-C in part 2 was yet again locked!

I have now tried choosing all 3 options in part 1, yet option-C refuses to unlock for me. I'd appreciate any insight my fellow captains can offer! I'm leaning towards submitting another ticket, since this now seems more like a bug than human error or extremely bad luck.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Then yesterday I got part 1 at the 2-hour mark (stuck with the wiki and chose option-A "Debate the Vedek"), and part 2 at the 4-hour mark. I was excited, since clearly there were no other dilemmas that could possibly have impacted the outcome, as these were the first two I encountered on this particular voyage. However, option-C in part 2 was yet again locked!

I received my copy of The Clown the very first time I followed the Wiki path, and got part 2 at the 4-hour mark as you describe here. I honestly think that you will in fact need CS to 'reset' something for your account, as my impression is the game already thinks you have received The Clown.
    Couple of questions for you:
    - did you at some point change your DBID?
    - are you playing multiple accounts?
    If either of the above are true, then perhaps at some point "wires were crossed" somehow, causing what again I believe to be, is a bug for you requiring CS support.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had trouble with the clown, too. From other comments and complaints I read here, it seems that whenever the clown comes up on the 4 hour mark, it is grayed out. I don't know about later, but the 4 hour complaint has been on the boards here at least 5 times. Put in a ticket.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too had the Clown issue happen. In another voyage I got the 2nd part in hour 6 and the dilemma worked as expected.

A fleet mate had the issue as well and IIRC CS eventually gave him his Clown after some back and forth.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irial wrote: »

I received my copy of The Clown the very first time I followed the Wiki path, and got part 2 at the 4-hour mark as you describe here. I honestly think that you will in fact need CS to 'reset' something for your account, as my impression is the game already thinks you have received The Clown.
    Couple of questions for you:
    - did you at some point change your DBID?
    - are you playing multiple accounts?
    If either of the above are true, then perhaps at some point "wires were crossed" somehow, causing what again I believe to be, is a bug for you requiring CS support.

My answer to both questions is no. Thanks to you and others for providing input and offering suggestions.

I am going to put forward another ticket. The concern I voiced to them previously was how luck and/or length of voyage could possibly impact a 2-part process that should only take into account the decision made in part 1.
  • Options
    Whatever the case is, it seems sure that something in the programming for the Clown is different than for the others. That is something we will complain about unless we know. If they said, "For the Clown, the option is only available X% of the time," then at least we would know. As it is, something is wrong with the programming.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I pushed DB CS to explain exactly that, but they only referred to "other things" influencing the outcome, and told me repeatedly that the wiki isn't 100% accurate in general. I was never blaming the wiki, and only wanted better communication about the requirements for all voyage-specific crew. Communication isn't exactly their strong suit, unfortunately.

For me, "other things" doesn't hold water when you can get the second of the 2-part dilemma at the 4-hour mark - there are no "other things" at play aside from voyage length and luck! If voyage-length matters, then the programming should be such that part-2 only becomes available beyond a certain time. If luck comes into play, just be forthcoming about it; but why have requirements from part-1, if those requirements may not even matter?
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    Gwilli-ak wrote: »

and with what costs? it isn't a deal
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I had trouble with the clown, too. From other comments and complaints I read here, it seems that whenever the clown comes up on the 4 hour mark, it is grayed out. I don't know about later, but the 4 hour complaint has been on the boards here at least 5 times. Put in a ticket.

could be it... I got it, both times, with part 1 at first dilemma and part 2 at 3rd dilemma... but I don't remember what I had at 2nd dilemma.
  • Options
    Maybe it isn't which dilemma, but if they are one after another?
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have submitted a ticket, asking at least for a proper, detailed explanation of specific requirements to unlock option-C and The Clown. I'll be sure to share the feedback I receive from DB CS.
  • Options
    Irial wrote: »

Even IF the game thought it dropped The Clown, Option C should still be available if the correct path was chosen. Dropping The Clown should not impact other rewards still being available.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    NasHamNasHam ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    THANKS to everyone. I finally got Fierce Guinan after 22 hours in a voyage. I am letting it go to the 72 hour mark just to try and get the rest of them. Hopefully it will pay off. I am currently a little past the 24 hour mark.
  • Options
    Will need 80 hrs to complete all dilemmas to have it reset them, go to wiki and count dilemmas then x2 = hrs needed, they are not supposed to repeat before you have ran them all
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mbannar wrote: »
    Will need 80 hrs to complete all dilemmas to have it reset them, go to wiki and count dilemmas then x2 = hrs needed, they are not supposed to repeat before you have ran them all

From what I have heard, they are not supposed to repeat, period. From what it sounded like, once you've gotten all the dilemmas in a Voyage, you no longer get any more, at all.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"