Home The Bridge
Options

75% value is the new 100% value

A little background... I struggled in math while in high-school... Needed tutors for all four years, starting with Algebra I. Also, I cheated on my college's "math placement" exam that determined whether you had to take remedial non-credit math or could skip ahead to basic, "for credit" math...

All that being said... I was always under the impression that when you buy something, you should receive 100% value for your purchase... But here is an "End of the Month" special trying to entice players with a $4.99 (US) offer that'll return 75% value!

That's some P.T. Barnum ish right there!

Note: Should my math-deficient brain have totally missed the point, please enlighten, as I'm genuinely baffled!
fua81k2uso2r.png

[GoT] Drunk Shimoda
GoT Chief Communications Officer

Comments

• Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The 2,400 credits seems like a typo. You can get more credits than that from a single gauntlet round. Not to mention it gets you almost nothing...

Edit: I just ran a single gauntlet round and got 7500ish credits sooooooo
  • Options
    CloneClone ✭✭✭
    Nope, you're absolutely correct. While most packs are described as a "400% value", this one is a mere 75%. It's primarily aimed at people who are bad at math, or people who think 300 chronitons and 2400 credits are a lot.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's clear to me that this is a mistake and they meant to say 175% value. Since 330 DIL is usually 5 bucks you're getting 300 chrons, 170 extra DIL and 2400 Credits (lololol) "extra" for your 5 bucks
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess they divided by two because you can buy it twice????
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    It's clear to me that this is a mistake and they meant to say 175% value. Since 330 DIL is usually 5 bucks you're getting 300 chrons, 170 extra DIL and 2400 Credits (lololol) "extra" for your 5 bucks

Most likely this. I think we can forgive DB ONE Maths mistake......

Scott

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the 2400 credits. That seems like a typo but you can't do anything with 2400 credits, why bother even including that? It's like selling 3 chronitons.
  • Options
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    I don't understand the 2400 credits. That seems like a typo but you can't do anything with 2400 credits, why bother even including that? It's like selling 3 chronitons.

Without it, it would only be 172% Value.......
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the dilithium overload offer. It’s a 40% value. I have wondered why they are stingy with the dilithium, I would much rather it be a 400% value and get like 25000 dilithium our of it
  • Options
    Captain DurfCaptain Durf ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    When I first saw this I was immediately going to buy it, but jerked my finger back from the screen when I saw 300 chronitons and the 2400 credits. That has to be some kind of joke.
  • Options
    2400 credits? Huh? One cadet challenge gets you 58,700!
    That absolutely must be a mistake...even 24,000 credits wouldn’t move the needle at all...(oh, 24,000 would be 10 times this offer fyi)
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I give them credit for their first attempt at a $5 offer. Everything else is generally $10+. But the point they miss is it needs to be a better offer than a monthly card at that price point. A monthly card is $4 for 100 DIl/day (3000 DI total). The $5 offer should be 200 DIL/day for 160% value. Or 100 DIL/day plus 2 premium packs.
  • Options
    Kinda like this..... It might look good but they are actually telling you you will loose straight to your face.

c0uit14mi540.jpg
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    That picture really paints us as the 1%ers...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    When I saw the 2400 credits I laughed for an hour straight and then punched my phone. Even if they added 3 zeros to the end of that I wouldn't buy this offer.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Captain_Who I am honored :D
  • Options
    Hungry Dog wrote: »
    When I saw the 2400 credits I laughed for an hour straight and then punched my phone. Even if they added 3 zeros to the end of that I wouldn't buy this offer.

It would be kind of silly to buy that deal for the Credits.

But, the Dilithium is a good deal, plus the extra stuff......
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The value is indeed not what it should be, a correction is on the way.
  • Options
    ProsserProsser ✭✭✭
    I actually like small offers like this, they are really more likely to drive an impulse buy then a $50 offer. And I thought about buying this one, nice amount of bonus dil, nice amount of chrons, but that 2,400 credits.......

That offer would be like my boss telling me he is feeling generous so I'm getting a raise, another $0.05 an hour! I'd tell him the same I'm gonna tell DB with this offer, keep it. You obviously need it more than me.....
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

And what about the credits, uhm, value. 2400 cannot be right...
  • Options
    Hungry Dog wrote: »

It would be kind of silly to buy that deal for the Credits.

But, the Dilithium is a good deal, plus the extra stuff......

The dilithium really isn't a bad deal, but I just can't bring myself to buy it at this time.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    It's an nice deal. Normally 430 dilthium for $4.99. More dilthium plus extra chrons to get ready for the weekend. Nice little deal
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the Honorable Crew offer I think it's called..
    1500 chronitons (ok..)
    2000 honor (Fail !)
    $12.99 cnd (ok)

Humbly (not humbly) I'd suggest (implore) if they want a sale with these items as the goods then please consider upping the honor offered for purchase by...2000% or so.. ?
    Ok ok ok.. for chronitons, that's.. ok.
    But you should consider an honor sale.

40000 honor for.. $13.99 cnd (keep the chronitons even)

Like the majority around here, I'm easily over a million honor in debt (vs fully fusing all legendarys). - having this rotating in the special offers I think would be welcomed.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the Honorable Crew offer I think it's called..
    1500 chronitons (ok..)
    2000 honor (Fail !)
    $12.99 cnd (ok)

Humbly (not humbly) I'd suggest (implore) if they want a sale with these items as the goods then please consider upping the honor offered for purchase by...2000% or so.. ?
    Ok ok ok.. for chronitons, that's.. ok.
    But you should consider an honor sale.

40000 honor for.. $13.99 cnd (keep the chronitons even)

Like the majority around here, I'm easily over a million honor in debt (vs fully fusing all legendarys). - having this rotating in the special offers I think would be welcomed.

I totally agree with the honor thing. Honor is not worth buying unless it is at least 10000

• Options
    Got this one

i59gulrbte7j.png
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was 1'500 Chronitons instead of 750, I would give this a go.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    If it was 1'500 Chronitons instead of 750, I would give this a go.

Then it’s the offer I got that you want then. I guess 1 dil per chron is 300% value over the boost option (hmm)

ju5pz07fn5je.jpeg

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's more than the 1'250 Chron offer usually and even 2'000 Honor extra (which equals 2-3 purple portal pulls for me) ... I'd immediately take that offer, even one-time only, I don't care.

I always get the bad ones, lol. :D
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭

So, does that mean that any idiot who actually bought the deal will be compensated somehow? I'm asking for a friend.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »

So, does that mean that any idiot who actually bought the deal will be compensated somehow? I'm asking for a friend.

There was an error in the text, specifically regarding the value "75%" - this has been corrected.
    The content of the offer was displayed correctly and unless you have not received said content, there is nothing to compensate for.