Home The Bridge
Options

New 5*, Captain Lorian

13»

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally managed to pull a Lorian, let's just say it took so many packs that I got a 4/5 Captain Nog from them all (when I never had one to start), 1/5 Wesley, and enough airlocked Lals, Davids, Jakes, and 3*s that I went from 50k honour at start to 130k honour.

So I took 100k of that honour and cited Lorian up to 3/5 and then I chose to delete my credit card from my Apple account.

Never again, the drop rate for Lorian is so bad (and potentially for other future pack crew as well) that I have cut all my future spending for this game.

Pack only crew is the most ridiculous thing in this game. It’s cheaper to buy a 5* from the faction store and that way at least you know you’ll get that crew

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally managed to pull a Lorian, let's just say it took so many packs that I got a 4/5 Captain Nog from them all (when I never had one to start), 1/5 Wesley, and enough airlocked Lals, Davids, Jakes, and 3*s that I went from 50k honour at start to 130k honour.

So I took 100k of that honour and cited Lorian up to 3/5 and then I chose to delete my credit card from my Apple account.

Never again, the drop rate for Lorian is so bad (and potentially for other future pack crew as well) that I have cut all my future spending for this game.

Do you need a GoFundMe to help with rent and food for this month? If we all kick in a dollar or two we could keep you from starving...
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you need a GoFundMe to help with rent and food for this month? If we all kick in a dollar or two we could keep you from starving...

So sweet :p
    With this game, I'm surprised most people don't need one already.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options

That, or a lot of people here are investment bankers or lawyers.
  • Options

I mean maybe, I don't know how some of the whales who spend hundreds weekly do it otherwise.
    Like there was that thread the other day where the guy admitted to spending $100-500 weekly or was it monthly? I can't find the thread anymore, makes me wonder if he deleted it. But I cannot imagine spending that much on a regular basis.

And now, I'm slowly waiting for the feeling that I will feel better about deleting my credit card as time goes on. Lord knows I don't have the money to spend. I've considered quitting the game altogether, but I've spent so much time and a good chunk of money so I want to get more out of the game before I decide not to play anymore. Not sure when that day will come.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean maybe, I don't know how some of the whales who spend hundreds weekly do it otherwise.
    Like there was that thread the other day where the guy admitted to spending $100-500 weekly or was it monthly? I can't find the thread anymore, makes me wonder if he deleted it. But I cannot imagine spending that much on a regular basis.

And now, I'm slowly waiting for the feeling that I will feel better about deleting my credit card as time goes on. Lord knows I don't have the money to spend. I've considered quitting the game altogether, but I've spent so much time and a good chunk of money so I want to get more out of the game before I decide not to play anymore. Not sure when that day will come.

It was that much a week. Dude is all over the forum telling us how much money he has spent in so short a time
  • Options

It was that much a week. Dude is all over the forum telling us how much money he has spent in so short a time

Yeah I just found the thread again. I think he renamed it. Or maybe what I found was a new and different thread. Either way, he still admits to spending that huge amount - $2000/month. Like...I am in awe, $2000 a month, like that could pay my rent, pay my tuition, and buy me groceries with a little left over.
  • Options
    When I totaled up how much I’ve spent in two years, I felt like kind of a P.O.S. (16,550 points past VIP14) but then I realized that on a per-day or per-hours-played basis, it’s not too bad. I certainly don’t have to choose between a mountain of dilithium or food/rent/car payment...
  • Options
    isla4gt5s0o0.png

3g864yr5hkic.png

ALL those Nogs, and the 3 single nogs I deleted, and the crushers, just for Lorian.
  • Options
    zzwwm9ik241t.png

I Just hit my 1 year anniversary the day game hit its 2year anniversary. So im not sure what that equals out to per month. Id probably kill myself if I actually did the math.
  • Options
    I've considered quitting the game altogether, but I've spent so much time and a good chunk of money so I want to get more out of the game before I decide not to play anymore. Not sure when that day will come.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escalation_of_commitment

I don't see that light at the end of the tunnel yet either. Damn this faulty human psyche!
  • Options
    zzwwm9ik241t.png

I Just hit my 1 year anniversary the day game hit its 2year anniversary. So im not sure what that equals out to per month. Id probably kill myself if I actually did the math.

I figured someone woulda did the math by now, lol
  • Options
    zzwwm9ik241t.png

I got $11,471. That is at 50 points a dollar and $1000 for VIP 14.
  • Options
    Dpmt wrote: »
    zzwwm9ik241t.png

I got $11,471. That is at 50 points a dollar and $1000 for VIP 14.

Ok, time to go shoot myself ;(
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Think of it this way - you've been playing for 1 year - so that's 12 months...
    That's $955 a month for each of the 12 months....
    That's $220 a week, on average, over the span of 52 weeks.
    That's $31 a day, on average, over the span of 365 days.

Did you enjoy your time with the game? Do you feel you have gotten your monies worth of value and entertainment? If yes, then huzzah!

Look at it from a smaller, more digested number instead of the big "HOLY TILLY" number. That makes it much easier to handle.

Also fantastic work on Lorian.
  • Options

Did you enjoy your time with the game? Do you feel you have gotten your monies worth of value and entertainment? If yes, then huzzah!

Look at it from a smaller, more digested number instead of the big "HOLY TILLY" number. That makes it much easier to handle.

$31/day does not sound any less horrifying. If anything, it's worse, because then you compare it to other things at that price point, and imagine yourself buying those things every day. For that money, you could treat yourself lunch at a pretty nice restaurant. It's more than the daily rate parking your car in a downtown garage. It's seven or eight trips to Starbucks. It's a tank of gas. And you're doing it every single day.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options

$31/day does not sound any less horrifying. If anything, it's worse, because then you compare it to other things at that price point, and imagine yourself buying those things every day. For that money, you could treat yourself lunch at a pretty nice restaurant. It's more than the daily rate parking your car in a downtown garage. It's seven or eight trips to Starbucks. It's a tank of gas. And you're doing it every single day.

The exact reason I deleted my cc from my apple account after this.

THE-LINE-MUST.jpg
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that drop rate of any given featured 5* is 3.33%. Do you really want to try those odds? Buying 33 packs (still only a 67% chance of success) costs 21K DIL. You could take a full run at the Dabo wheel for less.

I bought one pack to get Jake or Marcus (~30% chance of each). Would've settled for any of the 5*'s. Got Marcus and called it a day. Sometimes you just gotta play the long game.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options

Thank you about lorian,

But ya your right,, at 31$ for something I enjoy daily for the most part. its an easier pill to swallow. :)