Home The Bridge
Options

So...exactly why does the HMS Bounty not provide the 'Klingon' trait?

Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in The Bridge
My current voyage needs a ship with the 'Klingon' trait which I figured the HMS Bounty would provide, yet I was surprisingly wrong.

While one could argue that the HMS Bounty was used and christened by Kirk and his non-Klingon crew, the fact remains it is still in all essence a Klingon ship - built by Klingons and previously commanded by Klingon Empire Commander Kruge.

So I ask again, why does the HMS Bounty not provide the 'Klingon' trait?

ctf63dewmcfa.png
Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.

Comments

• Options
    Because, DB!
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it depends what the traits are supposed to represent, the ship as a piece of hardware, or the ship as she voyaged, so to speak. She was Klingon-built, sure, but if they had flags, as HMS Bounty she'd have been flying a Federation flag (give or take Kirk and co. being renegade at the time) - I feel like if the ship's going to be called Bounty, rather than just 'weirdly overpowered Bird of Prey', there's justification for the Fed trait to be attached. Both Federation and Klingon would be perfectly logical too, but if for gameplay balance or whatever there can be only one, I would tend to come down on the Fed side.
  • Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I would say the reasoning is that once Kirk and Crew took it, they no longer considered it part of the Klingon Empire. They renamed it, and never gave it back. But, that would mean the Klingons could have a version of the Enterprise. Probably not a good ship for STT, because it would always self destruct right after you assigned your crew.

H.M.S. Bounty current traits: Federation, Warship, Cloaking Device

( sorry, my screenshot capture is having problems )
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, that would mean the Klingons could have a version of the Enterprise.
    I'm not sure the claim would stand up in a prize court, but if it means we can get a Constitution refit model in the game I'll happily accept the IKS Get Out Get Out Of There.
  • Options
    Cause it was severely lacking in Klingon crew.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH