Home Make It So!
Options

Ship vs Ship getting out of hand

have been battling in arena for over a year now, have been rank 1 in Admiral multiple times, but over the last 2 months, the "one shotting" is getting out of hand, today 7 seconds into the battle with my evasion active and at 18 i was destroyed instantly, this used to happen once in a great while but now, it happens daily, there are too many x% damage characters now, what happened to duking it out in space?

I have a 10/10 ISS Enterprise, and with the randomness of ship schematics a ton of other 5* ships ranging from 5/10 to 8/10. but I shouldn't have to "join the crowd" and run the darn HMS Bounty to stand a chance.

Arena is in desperate need of a overhaul, I love Star Trek, and the crew in this game is awesome, but the ships in the shows and movies are just as iconic as the crew, and it feels as though they are a afterthought

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree and have been like WTF when that happens. I’ll have a full top bar and three quarters on the bottom bar and one shot destroys me. It’s stupid.
  • Options
    ISS at 10 is a great ship, but crew makes a heck of a difference to...can I assume you fiddled around switching better crew in and out? It makes destroying the Bounty easier. Not easy but easier...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Options
    In Admiral there are a couple of options, but the Bounty with the right crew and is pretty easy to get to #1 daily. I personally search out the Cube and ISS Enterprises and make short work of them 99% of the time (the AI is dumb). More variety would be nice. Each division basically has its top ship--Bounty, Borg Sphere, and BoP (with Kang & O'Brien). Crew can make a huge difference in staying in the top #1000 daily.
    I completely agree this area has needed and does need an overhaul--more quality ships (that actually habe schematics you can get vs buyong), and perhaps some better crew abilities. However, I would rather them undo the most recent voyage nerf first.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Borg Spheres go down easy for you have the right crew in a D’Deridex...just like with most of the ships in the Admiral division. I lost a battle a few days ago against a D’Kora Krayton, for example.
  • Options
    OP is right. Its the same over n over. I stopped with Commander division cause its boring. I haven't changed my Admiral division Bounty crew arrangement in months.

The Arena has the most potential in the game for replay value, if DB makes it the priority.

First suggestion.
    Nerf the ships, in all divisions. Cut all #s by about 25%. This should increase battle times. 30seconds is ideal. This will allow more of the crew in the game that need longer intializations for their abilities to come into play.

Second suggestion.
    Rearrange the divisions into 4. The 1* and 2* in one division, The 3*s, 4*s and 5*s in thier own.
    Reduce the crew that is usable in 1/2 division to 1/2* crew (gets rid of Kang-Kvort). I haven't seen a 3* ship ever in the Captain division. That new Terran Empire Constellation ship wont ever see the light of day

Third suggestion.
    Increase the number of ships and make them easily available. I have yet to see the hirogen or borg 2* ships in arena. I understand there maybe licensing agreements, but aren't these easier than actor's licensing agreements? Unless Amarillo Design Bureau has stronger rights(they do have a license from paramount), the classic Starfleet battles series (first game was 1979) has plenty of ships that could crossover. And now that we are seeing crew from the IDW comic series, I assume there is some ships we could get from there?

Also with new ships, make more crew useful in more places. Too many ships needing CMD/Sec only.
    Some crew with trigger abilities cant find a slot in certain divisions and aren't suited for the division above.

Also, if ship schematics are to be the continued daily reward, more ships would make people interested.

And to really get this going, DB you will need to release like 12 new ships at once. Don't make them packs. Rotate the middle line of Dabo. Rotate the ship schematic awards in Arena biweekly.

Its okay if they are obscure! We have a 5* Legendary, Captain Bateson, who is from the USS Bozeman, a Soyuz class ship. A what?

Fourth suggestion (pipe dream)
    The opinion of the AI is low, which means you need to create a crew combo that will defeat the tendencies of the AI. However, create a method that would allow a player to specify order of use of inherent ship ability and crew abilities. Be sure to have a AI choice for those who don't want to bother.

• Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that each battle takes place at the planet you are visiting is a wasted opportunity. Each planet could be it's own division with it's own criteria for ship/crew rarity. They could offer different schematics to encourage players to compete for the ships they want. They could even provide environmental game effects; for example the energy fields of the badlands might prevent cloaking, the space junk around Xindi might prevent positioning, etc.
  • Options
    Pinkyfirst wrote: »
    In Admiral there are a couple of options, but the Bounty with the right crew and is pretty easy to get to #1 daily. I personally search out the Cube and ISS Enterprises and make short work of them 99% of the time (the AI is dumb). More variety would be nice. Each division basically has its top ship--Bounty, Borg Sphere, and BoP (with Kang & O'Brien). Crew can make a huge difference in staying in the top #1000 daily.
    I completely agree this area has needed and does need an overhaul--more quality ships (that actually habe schematics you can get vs buyong), and perhaps some better crew abilities. However, I would rather them undo the most recent voyage nerf first.

Any advice for good Bounty crew to use?
    Jack Mitchell
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    jackson992 wrote: »
    Pinkyfirst wrote: »

Any advice for good Bounty crew to use?

The crew I use are Rura Penthe Reed, 1701 Jadzia Dax, Captain Scott, and Crell Moset. All are immortalized except Scotty, who will likely forever remain at 1/5*. After I’ve used the cloak, I fire off Reed, Moset, and Jadzia at the same time, then kick Scotty in when Moset gets to around 4-5 seconds remaining before cool down. Unless my opponent gets a critical hit (or I’m slow on activating the cloak against the Borg cube), losing is infrequent for me.