Home The Bridge

The rewards from dilemmas are not controlled by RNG.

Just got the same dilemma 3 times in 2 days and I chose response A and I got 30 honor/chrons plus Glinn Damar on the first go around. Got the same dilemma after 2 hours and chose response B and got a 3 star component. Got the same dilema today and chose response A again and I got 30 honor/chrons plus Lt Commander Saru. The dilemma was named What Smiles May Hide.

Comments

• So your sample size is 3, come back to when you have tested it 30 times at least, preferable over a 100. I've been running 10+ hr voyages everyday since they started and come across every dilemma multiple times. The choice made does not seem to be consistent with the reward. I've received 75 chrons on a 6 hr dilemma and 30 chrons on a 16 hr. Wouldn't be a bad idea to start writing down each dilemma, the choice made and the reward. I'm sure there a plenty within the STT community that would contribute data to see if there is any correlation to choice made.
  • I've noticed this as a possible trend as well. When I have a dilemma, I choose the option that I remember from last time that gave me 30/30, hesitant to push the other option and possibly get a component - although I could get lucky and find a 60/50 or 100/75 hidden under the other option. I'm compiling all my Dilemma screenshots to see if there is a pattern.
  • McDubhagen wrote: »
    So your sample size is 3, come back to when you have tested it 30 times at least, preferable over a 100. I've been running 10+ hr voyages everyday since they started and come across every dilemma multiple times. The choice made does not seem to be consistent with the reward. I've received 75 chrons on a 6 hr dilemma and 30 chrons on a 16 hr. Wouldn't be a bad idea to start writing down each dilemma, the choice made and the reward. I'm sure there a plenty within the STT community that would contribute data to see if there is any correlation to choice made.

That's why i posted this to start collecting other player data.
  • I've noticed this as a possible trend as well. When I have a dilemma, I choose the option that I remember from last time that gave me 30/30, hesitant to push the other option and possibly get a component - although I could get lucky and find a 60/50 or 100/75 hidden under the other option. I'm compiling all my Dilemma screenshots to see if there is a pattern.

Captain Jello, I believe we meet again.

I started collecting dilemma/reward info a couple days ago and would be interested in what you have so far. To give a sense of where I am, I have 24 different dilemmas collected. Any interest in some data swaps?

ae3jp3548sj3.png
  • Hey Esch
    esch wrote: »
    Captain Jello, I believe we meet again.

I started collecting dilemma/reward info a couple days ago and would be interested in what you have so far. To give a sense of where I am, I have 24 different dilemmas collected. Any interest in some data swaps?

Hey Esch,

Sorry, I had to compile all the data I had from screenshots on my iPhone. I had a lot to do today, so I just finished it. Here is a list of my Dilemmas I which I have just about all information about. I've compiled the data in my Voyages spreadsheet on the Dilemmas tab:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xtrtkq6mWt1NjoL_cvEsACPiWfluVLupmEl21EBKzXY

I captured 58 out of the 80 dilemmas (I was not consistent the first 3-4 days). I highlighted the ones you have and I did not in orange.

8nmspcrdsy2t.jpg

Between our lists, we have seen 28 dilemmas. There are 4 "Part 1"s that neither of us have seen the "Part 2". There is one name that I did not get. It's listed on 9/27 @ 6:21pm. I only got the screenshot of part of the log with the option I chose, "Confiscate the stolen items", and the resulting dialogue. It may be one of yours in orange above. Haven't seen it again, whereas many of the above list I've seen 4-6 times.

I would like to get what I have into the Wiki. I will have to see what format is best. There is a lot of dialogue, but I'm thinking of tabling it like the Away missions.
  • {DD} Capt Jello{DD} Capt Jello ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Just posted this in the other Dilemma thread...

So, I spent the day creating a Dilemmas page on the Wiki with the experience of 62 dilemmas documented. You can go to the Voyages page under Dilemmas section and expand the list for a link to each Dilemma, or go to:
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Dilemmas

Please add to the list for the resolutions or rewards (or dilemmas) that are blank. There is more I’d like to add as far as prereqs before seeing a dilemma, if the dilemma is common and comes early, or is a latecomer (>8 hours), etc.

I have verified multiple times on most of the Dilemmas as to what rewards are given (i put notes for multiples).
  • McDubhagen wrote: »
    So your sample size is 3, come back to when you have tested it 30 times at least, preferable over a 100. I've been running 10+ hr voyages everyday since they started and come across every dilemma multiple times. The choice made does not seem to be consistent with the reward. I've received 75 chrons on a 6 hr dilemma and 30 chrons on a 16 hr. Wouldn't be a bad idea to start writing down each dilemma, the choice made and the reward. I'm sure there a plenty within the STT community that would contribute data to see if there is any correlation to choice made.

That's why i posted this to start collecting other player data.

That would be reasonable enough if the title of the thread weren't the conclusion you've already reached...
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs