Home The Bridge

Multi-Part Dilemmas

At the four-hour mark, I just got the first part of a dilemma, A Higher Duty. I might make it to the six-hour one on my own, but it'll be close. I definitely won't make it to the eight-hour one without spending some dilithium. My question is, will my next two dilemmas be A Higher Duty Part 2 and Part 3? And if so, and if I click the right choice according to the wiki instructions, is the voyage-exclusive Guinan a guaranteed prize or do I just have a chance?

Basically I'm wondering, should I spend dilithium trying to chase Fierce Guinan?

Comments

• Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Absolutely not, they don't go in order. Don't waste your dilithium.

The wiki is correct though so keep using it in case you get lucky.
  • Female Klingon QFemale Klingon Q ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    First Question: If you make the "right" decisions, you have a chance of proceeding to Parts 2 and 3, there is no guarantee.
    Second Question: If you make the "right" decisions, you have a chance of getting Fierce Guinan, there is no guarantee.
    Third Question: I wouldn't, considering that there is no time limit for acquiring voyage exclusive crew.
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Ahhhhh, so that's how it works. I should have known. Thanks y'all!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the first two Higher Duty’s at 2 hours and 6 hours. A day and a half later, no part 3. Had the same thing happen later. Took day and a half that time to get part 3
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    My understanding is if you make the right choices on parts 1,2, and 3. You will get the Guinan or Worf. I just do not know if they are one time drops. No superrare in my mind is worth 54k of honor. You can get a Higher Duty Part one on your first dilemma you might get part two for your second, but the third can be the last dilemma you ever get which means something like 38 (only 36 I think max) dilemmas or 76 (72 hours) hour flight time. Do not chase these with dil.

Revive for other reasons
    not for getting Fierce Guinan, Colonel Worf, The Clown, Lucien, Jannar, or Thot Gor.

When you have a reason to revive only do so when you have all stat boosts.
    That means when your max AM is 2950.

Edit: Thot Gor, The Clown, Lucien, and Jannar are one time only rewards.
    Though it is being reported that a bug was fixed not allowing The Clown to drop.
    Because of fix some people are getting a second if they had one already. My second account should be able to get a second one. If it happens I will show both by search with screeenshot and add it to post.
  • I have done many 12-16 hour voyages, and not a single part 2 dilemma among them. I finally hit one a couple days ago on hour 6, but it was part 2 of a 3-part, and my rewards were already pretty scant, so I recalled it.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • I have not, will not, spend any dil on reset, since the nerf, it just ain’t worth it to me. If I lose I just fail it and start over. It’s just not worth the dil
  • I am basically of the same opinion, however, one 6 hour mark gained me a 4* I wanted, and was already up to 350 chrons + 4* rep rations, so I knew the RNG-haul was going to be worth extending. Ended up a little over 8 hours & 3x4* crew + almost 600 chrons, etc.

Sometimes it pays to pay, most often not.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    That's disappointing to hear - I recently got Lucien as a reward in Voyages. So, to fully-fuse Lucien as a F2P I'd have to burn 54K in honor for citations? There's definitely no chance of him dropping again in a Voyage?

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Shy Khan wrote: »
    That's disappointing to hear - I recently got Lucien as a reward in Voyages. So, to fully-fuse Lucien as a F2P I'd have to burn 54K in honor for citations? There's definitely no chance of him dropping again in a Voyage?

Correct
  • Maybe in a year or so, DB will move them to regular loot table, and change all the Voyage specific crew. >:)
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Question: If you make the "right" decisions, you have a chance of proceeding to Parts 2 and 3, there is no guarantee.

It is guaranteed that parts 2 and 3 will appear if you select the right options. It's just that they may be the 35th and 36th dilemmas on the voyage. There are only 36 dilemmas and they don't repeat in a voyage so 72 hours will hit all of them (at a very high dilithium cost)

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Althea Biermont
    Thanks I think it was your voyage I was trying to remeber.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Shy Khan wrote: »

I am hoping DB will reset the drop on these crew every 3 months or so.
    Be aware it might be the same for Worf and Guinan, they may one time drops.

• Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Althea Biermont
    Thanks I think it was your voyage I was trying to remeber.

Yep. 73 hours!

• Female Klingon QFemale Klingon Q ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

It is guaranteed that parts 2 and 3 will appear if you select the right options. It's just that they may be the 35th and 36th dilemmas on the voyage. There are only 36 dilemmas and they don't repeat in a voyage so 72 hours will hit all of them (at a very high dilithium cost)

I think most people assume that Parts 2 (and 3) will follow immediately after Part 1, not 30 dilemmas later.

With all due respect, 30 dilemmas later hardly qualifies as a "guarantee" in a voyage, especially in context to the question "Should I use dilithium to chase Fierce Guinan?".
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • NeemsNeems ✭✭✭

I think most people assume that Parts 2 (and 3) will follow immediately after Part 1, not 30 dilemmas later.

With all due respect, 30 dilemmas later hardly qualifies as a "guarantee" in a voyage, especially in context to the question "Should I use dilithium to chase Fierce Guinan?".

The guarantee is that the specific choices open the path to the next part, not that you'll get there.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most people assume that Parts 2 (and 3) will follow immediately after Part 1

If that's what most people assume, then most people should remember that there's a heavy random element in the game.
  • Larxene wrote: »
    Shy Khan wrote: »

Correct

Was this changed? Because I have received 4 Jannar's from voyages since I started playing, I haven't received any duplicates of others but I def have Jannar FF and didn't use any citations on him
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Yes, this was changed. You can earn now many copys of voyage-only-Crew. If you are lucky enough to get the right dilemmas