Home Ready Room
Options

Should I level up guys in prep for the event, or just save my chrons?

Hello! I currently have about 900 chrons saved up for the event. I also have a 2/4 level 60 Tyler, and a 1/4 level 1 Professor Scott.

Do you think it is worth trying to level either of these guys up for event bonuses? Or should I just save up all my chrons until the event starts tomorrow?

Thanks for any input!

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bonuses give you more access to the super rare items, and those can make a dramatic difference to the outcome. However, if you only have 900 chronitons, don't worry too much about leveling secondary bonus crew. Save the chrons for the event since the ability to get more super rares is pointless if you don't have enough chrons to build the items.

Also, those crew are secondary. Use your chronitons to level up the main event crew as soon as the community unlocks them. I take it easy on the event at the beginning and once I have my first copy if the 4* threshold, I level the crew as much as possible, get a supply kit, and go to town. I'll drop a few thousand chronitons in a few hours and hit threshold. Then I decide if I want to play for more rewards, or use the rest of my supply kit to finish missions and work on more crew.
  • Options
    Thank you! that's a great idea, I totally forgot that I always want to level up the threshold reward, but I've already wasted my chrons elsewhere. Thank you for the excellent strategy advice.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    A couple of things first:

1. What do you want to get out of the event? Thresholds and out or really good final result ... for the second you'll be better spending the chrons to craft as much as possible and getting the Threshold crew up to 100 (and maybe even the other 4* we get through community rewards if you do an event pack pull).

2. Check the crew cost pages ... do you have time to get them up to 100 before the event starts ... and at the same time farm items?

3. How are you in their respective skills? Ash has good SEC and Scotty has decent ENG for a 1/5 ... they will get DOUBLE bonus (I think), so double their base scores there and see how they compare with your other crew ... e.g. 2/4 Ash has a SEC of 645 -> 1290 ... does that blow your best SEC out of the water? If yes then level as it will help out.

Example - me in your situation
    I'm going thresholds and out this event, won't have the time to do better this weekend ... so here would be my thinking:
    - First priority will be Cornwell!!!
    - Threshold Ash is going to get second priority and will be levelled during Phase 1.
    - Lt Ash ... well, I would level him prior to the event ... he'll come in handy now and for the 3 events after, as he'll be bonus crew each week.
    - Scotty ... maybe, if I had the time and if I had weak ENG crew. He's easy to level, so ... depends.

I'll save my fleet chrons (100), daily reward chrons (50) and Voyage chrons on Thursday (usually around 250-300) ... pop a supply kit when I have some time ... and just go craft as much as I can ... Friday I'll split chrons (event, cadet, voyage, gauntlet etc. etc.) between crafting and levelling the new Cornwell/Ash, especially as the supply kit will still be active.

Friday we'll also learn of the next event and so on Sunday evening/Monday I'll start with levelling any associated event crew, as I'll probably have all Threshold rewards by then. I figure that Cornwell will be difficult, so she won't be complete and she gets priority to be completed by next Thursday.

I'm not going to level Tarah until a later date. She's not Discovery crew (will not give a bonus for the upcoming events as it stands now) and I have her SEC/DIP covered by a multitude of other crew.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    I'm not going to level Tarah until a later date. She's not Discovery crew (will not give a bonus for the upcoming events as it stands now) and I have her SEC/DIP covered by a multitude of other crew.

FYI, Andorian's are bonus crew all month...
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    bkbroiler wrote: »
    Hello! I currently have about 900 chrons saved up for the event. I also have a 2/4 level 60 Tyler, and a 1/4 level 1 Professor Scott.

Do you think it is worth trying to level either of these guys up for event bonuses? Or should I just save up all my chrons until the event starts tomorrow?

Thanks for any input!

Save your chrons. Don't even bother with Scott. Maybe replicate an item for Tyler before tomorrow.

Chrons should be either as close to zero as possible, or being saved. In the run up to a galaxy event, chose a cut off time. Before then use your chrons.
    After that use as few as possible for the dailies, do the Monday/Wednesday cadet challenges after you have hit max chrons, and do as many voyages as possible. Claim starbase Chrons after hitting max.
  • Options
    bkbroilerbkbroiler ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thank you all for the input! It is much appreciated. I think I save chrons, level threshold ash, and then look into leveling Lt Ash a bit more between the events for future use in the mega-event. I feel like that's a pretty solid plan going foward, and hopefully I will have a 4/4 FFFE in a few days!

Edit: I also totally keep forgetting that because this is a mega event, I will be getting a free 5*. I'll be leveling that first like you folks said!