Home The Bridge

5*Star Scotty ,Will We Be Able to Use

So will we be able to use scotty on future mega events this month, with him be the top event crew this mega event week?

Comments

• He won't be bonus crew. Only the mega event legendary ever is.
  • I will use him for a while even without him being bonus all month
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZenthaneX wrote: »
    He won't be bonus crew. Only the mega event legendary ever is.

Borg All of the new crew introduced were good all month

Klingon All the new crew introduced were good all month

Discovery All the new crew introduced were good all month

Mirror Universe All the new crew introduced were good all month

This is the first mega event where some new crew are being added that don't have one of the event crew traits.

• ZenthaneX wrote: »

This is the first mega event where some new crew are being added that don't have one of the event crew traits.

He is also the only 5* awarded in a Mega without one of the traits
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • My theory about Tyler.
    He is really a female and DB knows he is.4srbtm3tlfgi.png
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭

Technically, Admiral Picard and Alidar Jarok could not provide bonuses during their megas except the week they were introduced. And no one in the Discovery event had the trait "Discovery" allowing them to receive bonuses.

Practically, Admiral Picard and Alidar Jarok were released during the last week of the event, when there would be no mega bonus granted in subsequent weeks. And while there is no "Discovery" trait in-game, there is one outside that supersedes anything in the game.

And as far as we know, Lt. Tarah will also not receive a bonus during the mega, unless they give Andorians a bonus every week in addition to the Discovery crew (nothing has indicated that they will). It is possible that we get Vulcans next week and maybe both the following 2 weeks, or something of that sort.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »
    And as far as we know, Lt. Tarah will also not receive a bonus during the mega, unless they give Andorians a bonus every week in addition to the Discovery crew (nothing has indicated that they will). It is possible that we get Vulcans next week and maybe both the following 2 weeks, or something of that sort.

Andorians will be receiving a bonus for the entire mega.

Have to admit my disappointment with Scotty's stats is compounded by him not being as useful the rst of the event.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Have to admit my disappointment with Scotty's stats is compounded by him not being as useful the rst of the event.

Uh, what? He has the highest base Eng in the game. His 1/5 base Eng is higher than any 4/4 (beats Lal by 5). I understand that his traits aren't great and that his gauntlet is meh, but that base is amazing. Tilly, Lorien, and now Scotty have increased the max Eng base by 100 to bring it up to be comparable to the numbers Sec, Com, and Dip have. Now if we could get the 4*s to the same level, and fill out the field a bit, then we would be talking.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

Uh, what? He has the highest base Eng in the game. His 1/5 base Eng is higher than any 4/4 (beats Lal by 5). I understand that his traits aren't great and that his gauntlet is meh, but that base is amazing. Tilly, Lorien, and now Scotty have increased the max Eng base by 100 to bring it up to be comparable to the numbers Sec, Com, and Dip have. Now if we could get the 4*s to the same level, and fill out the field a bit, then we would be talking.

A high base is impressive if it has other useful skills to go with it. Lorien is much better than Scotty for example. Otherwise, I'll be using Grad Burnham next week to partially satisfy any ENG requirements since she'll have a higher base. The same could be said for almost any other ENG bonus crew. That's not a big enough advantage for daily shuttles. I do honestly expect a strong character to be good at Voyages or Gauntlet on top of a strong base.

I do have to admit that I have other lesser 2 skill 1/5's sucking up roster space that I would probably be better off not having and this makes me reluctant to take on more. Even then my unremarkable 1/5 Captain Lorca is already seeing a lot of use simply for being a Discovery character.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭

A high base is impressive if it has other useful skills to go with it. Lorien is much better than Scotty for example. Otherwise, I'll be using Grad Burnham next week to partially satisfy any ENG requirements since she'll have a higher base. The same could be said for almost any other ENG bonus crew. That's not a big enough advantage for daily shuttles. I do honestly expect a strong character to be good at Voyages or Gauntlet on top of a strong base.

I do have to admit that I have other lesser 2 skill 1/5's sucking up roster space that I would probably be better off not having and this makes me reluctant to take on more. Even then my unremarkable 1/5 Captain Lorca is already seeing a lot of use simply for being a Discovery character.

It is rare to find any crew with strong base and prof. The only ones that I can think of off the top of my head are Mirror Phlox and Mirror Picard, though the latter is not because of the strength of 1 skill but of both Com and Sec.

But, if you are saying that your 1/5 Lorca is unremarkable, then I guess we just have different points of reference. My 1/5 Lorca is my 5th highest Com and my highest Com+Dip crew for shuttles. He also has Explorer, a trait that only a couple of my crew have. While Lorian is better, if I have the opportunity to take someone not quite as good but would still give me my 2nd highest Eng, behind 4/5 Phoenix Cochrane, I will take it.
  • Ikrit wrote: »

Scotty will be great for shuttles, but I really wish he had a 3rd stat (SCI comes to mind) for voyages. Not too worried about Gauntlet so thats out. I really love Scotty and I'm going to push for him, but it's just hard to get excited for a 2 stat character nowadays.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

That was my initial reaction, but someone pointed out that in the Borg mega event we got Mirror Phlox week 1, Soran week two, Arik Soong week three, and Admiral Picard week 4. None of them had bonus traits the rest of the mega-event (it was irrelevant for Picard in week 4, but the other 3 still had future events).
  • Only 3 of the 4 NEW crew released this event will be bonus for the rest of the mega event?

It's easy to find the storm cloud hiding behind the silver lining these days.
  • AviTrek wrote: »

That was my initial reaction, but someone pointed out that in the Borg mega event we got Mirror Phlox week 1, Soran week two, Arik Soong week three, and Admiral Picard week 4. None of them had bonus traits the rest of the mega-event (it was irrelevant for Picard in week 4, but the other 3 still had future events).

Phlox, Soran, and Arik Soong were all existing crew at the time they participated in the Borg event
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • AviTrek wrote: »

Phlox, Soran, and Arik Soong were all existing crew at the time they participated in the Borg event

Does anyone recall if there was ever a Legendary character during a Mega Event that was not event crew for all 4 weeks? Existing super rares matter a lot less in that regard.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone recall if there was ever a Legendary character during a Mega Event that was not event crew for all 4 weeks?

Evidently not.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Mega-Event

Existing super rares matter a lot less in that regard.

That's debatable. A lot of people don't get the 5*.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Even then my unremarkable 1/5 Captain Lorca is already seeing a lot of use simply for being a Discovery character.
    He's also Com/Dip and most farmable shuttles have at least one Com/Dip in 4-shuttle run and often more like five. Which makes him better than pure Com runner. Com/Eng are not so common.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andorians and Discovery people will give bonus all month, Scotty only gives bonus this week.
    Let’s fly!