Home Engineering Room
Options

Replicator error when trying to make three star gold-pressed latinum

I have had errors the past few days trying to make this item in the replicator. Before wed. update the message I would get told me this item could not be replicated, after the update yesterday it now just gives me an error when I try to make it.

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    That specific item cannot be replicated, it is not a bug.
    If the message has changed though, that might be a bug - would you be able to post a screenshot of what you are seeing please? Thank you!
  • Options
    I can't as I found the item in a faction store and I don't seem to have anyone that currently need one.
    I had no idea there were items we could not make in the replicator.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no idea there were items we could not make in the replicator.

Only gold pressed latinum, in keeping with canon. The reason latinum is used as currency is because it can't be replicated.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried this on 1* latinum and the error message says "unreplicatable item" so it doesn't look like the message has changed. Would be nice to disallow the replication immediately rather than after you go through the trouble of shoving in fuel and confirming everything. Instead it should error out as soon as you hit the Replicate button.
  • Options
    It might also be advisable to change the message to smth less error-like and more explanation-like.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    I just tried this on 1* latinum and the error message says "unreplicatable item" so it doesn't look like the message has changed. Would be nice to disallow the replication immediately rather than after you go through the trouble of shoving in fuel and confirming everything. Instead it should error out as soon as you hit the Replicate button.

Thank you!
    I will forward the suggestion as well, I am not sure if it will be possible but it can't hurt to try.
    If not, at least make the message a tad clearer.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Shan wrote: »
    Amphistaff wrote: »

Thank you!
    I will forward the suggestion as well, I am not sure if it will be possible but it can't hurt to try.
    If not, at least make the message a tad clearer.

Something like: "You moron! Replicating Latinum is banned by intergalactic treaty! Are you TRYING to start a war? Or are you attempting to destabalize the galactic economy?"
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Something like: "You moron! Replicating Latinum is banned by intergalactic treaty! Are you TRYING to start a war? Or are you attempting to destabalize the galactic economy?"

Maybe something more diplomatic ;p

• Options
    So we can't replicate the Latinum, but we can replicate the end-product that you used the Latinum to build (as long as you weren't building yet more Latinum)?

The math checks out.