Home The Bridge

Diminishing rewards from voyages

Has anyone else noticed that we are getting significantly less chronitrons, replicator rations and 4 star crew from our voyages?

Comments

• The rewards are certainly diminished from when Voyages first began up through the reset... But the chronitons are sometimes stupidly high or just average, which is probably just RNG. For example, I had two separate voyages, same skills, go 7h 30m. Voyage #1 netted me 470 chrons while Voyage #2 netted me 300 chrons.

For 4-star crew, it's certainly not dropping them like the ticker-tape parade it was early on. That being said, there are some non-refreshed voyages where I've received 0 super-rares, some where I've received one or even two. For the Voyages I've extended, I've gotten as many as four.

Replicator rations is the one area where I would agree that the "nerf" has been deliberate and severe... But that by itself isn't going to make much of a difference for the player base.
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    The rewards are certainly diminished from when Voyages first began up through the reset... But the chronitons are sometimes stupidly high or just average, which is probably just RNG. For example, I had two separate voyages, same skills, go 7h 30m. Voyage #1 netted me 470 chrons while Voyage #2 netted me 300 chrons.

For 4-star crew, it's certainly not dropping them like the ticker-tape parade it was early on. That being said, there are some non-refreshed voyages where I've received 0 super-rares, some where I've received one or even two. For the Voyages I've extended, I've gotten as many as four.

Replicator rations is the one area where I would agree that the "nerf" has been deliberate and severe... But that by itself isn't going to make much of a difference for the player base.

Rep rations also seem RNG heavy to me . Yesterday I had 2 voyages with same skill and Voyage 1 netted 0 rep rations while Voyage 2 netted 30 purple and 30 ish blue .
  • YES!!! My last few voyages have all been below 300 chronitons. My last one from yesterday that was 7h53m yielded 250 chronitons. Safe to say it was not extended.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES!!! My last few voyages have all been below 300 chronitons. My last one from yesterday that was 7h53m yielded 250 chronitons. Safe to say it was not extended.

Assuming you had a decent amount of AM (~2800) I would've extended that. You probably would get the 4th and 5th dilemma.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • I completed an 11 hour 17 minute voyage. No purple crew, 2 three star crew. I thought about sending a ticket. You can't say that just RNG.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure you can. It's all RNG. Unlucky RNG is just RNG. Personally I just got 2 copies of a character I had 2/4 drop in the same Voyage, all between 6 and 7 hours. So I'm not complaining about RNG right now.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had two 8 hr voyages yesterday, one dropped 2 4*s, one dropped 0. It's a high variance drop.
  • [VA] NATE wrote: »
    I completed an 11 hour 17 minute voyage. No purple crew, 2 three star crew. I thought about sending a ticket. You can't say that just RNG.

I just finished a 13hr voyage(kept forgetting to recall) and only walked away with 1 4*. RNG wasn't kind to me this time around... At least I'll have a nice bunch of chrons for the event.

Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Just did a 10hr voyage, 1 purple, 1 blue and around 500 chronos. Well and truly nerfed but I still think they are better value than portal pulls/event packs for getting crew assuming you take one refresh for 100ish Dil.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • I've had 8 hour Voyages with nothing but 2* crew. Bullocks.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had 8 hour Voyages with nothing but 2* crew. Bullocks.

I could go for a 2* Bullock.

bqi7a7iyobp8.jpg

• [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I didn't care if I got no 4* crew as they'd be airlocked anyway as duplicates. I used to go on 30+ hour voyages for chrons and rations now I stay between 8-10hrs and at that I do kick myself for not getting back to the voyage before the first refresh. Today's voyage is at 4hr dilemma for about 6hra now haven't had time to log in and I know the return won't be worth it when I do
  • There has been a *slight* reduction in chronitons for a while now, slight meaning anything from "a few hundred less" to "absolutely gutted" depending on which day it is.

Some days you'll be swamped with lousy trainers and nothing else, others it'll be 3 star replicator rations, some days you'll get lots of 1, 2 and 3 star crew and others are halfway decent for chronitons. Just means if you really need them you'll need to buy them in the store (they're in the store right now...everything is going according to plan)

I can make it to 6 hours without a refill, if I'm looking at a couple hundred chronitons after that I'll normally do 1 refill and go for the 8 hour dilemma, if its less I'll recall after the 6 hours.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been a *slight* reduction in chronitons for a while now, slight meaning anything from "a few hundred less" to "absolutely gutted" depending on which day it is.

Some days you'll be swamped with lousy trainers and nothing else, others it'll be 3 star replicator rations, some days you'll get lots of 1, 2 and 3 star crew and others are halfway decent for chronitons. Just means if you really need them you'll need to buy them in the store (they're in the store right now...everything is going according to plan)

I can make it to 6 hours without a refill, if I'm looking at a couple hundred chronitons after that I'll normally do 1 refill and go for the 8 hour dilemma, if its less I'll recall after the 6 hours.

Overall, the chron nerf was about 20%. I would tend to agree that isn't "slight" but the amount of chrons returned by voyages are still significantly higher than other sources in game.

The tough aspect of the change is they increased the number of chrons rewarded in a single go, but reduced the probability they would drop, making it a much more volatile source.
  • There has been a *slight* reduction in chronitons for a while now, slight meaning anything from "a few hundred less" to "absolutely gutted" depending on which day it is.

Overall, the chron nerf was about 20%. I would tend to agree that isn't "slight" but the amount of chrons returned by voyages are still significantly higher than other sources in game.

The tough aspect of the change is they increased the number of chrons rewarded in a single go, but reduced the probability they would drop, making it a much more volatile source.

That's OK. I had a "slight" decrease in my spending on this game in response.
  • I've run 8-10 hour voyages every day for the past week...started last Thursday....I got ZERO 4* crew the entire week. I've had some really crappy RNG luck lately...RNG gods must have realized I've closed my wallet for DB.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I've run 8-10 hour voyages every day for the past week...started last Thursday....I got ZERO 4* crew the entire week. I've had some really crappy RNG luck lately...RNG gods must have realized I've closed my wallet for DB.

I'm in the midst of my longest drought of 4* crew as well, probably about 2 weeks.
  • Yateball wrote: »

I was aware of this. No need to sigh. The amount seems to be SIGNIFICANTLY more than a slight reduction......It was slight in the beginning, but, it seems to be 'slightly' decreasing each week! As in I've gotten NO max replicator rations in my last 2 voyages.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get nerfing chrons before 8hrs as not everyone is spending Dilithium to get a heap of them but for those who were spending €20-50 a voyage to have them halved was shooting tourself in the foot out of the top 1k in Galaxy events how many VIP14+ players are chasing a 1/5 instead of dropping €20 on event packs?
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had an 10 hour Voyage yesterday that dropped a fourth star for Niners Kira and a third and fourth for Warship Yar. That was a pretty sweet return, but it's definitely the exception more than the rule these days.
  • eXo | Cadet MatteXo | Cadet Matt ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Pre-nerf: I used dilithium to extended voyages about 40% of the time.
    Post-nerf: I no longer extend voyages (save the 20-hour achievement).

So, at least DB is saving me some money.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Agreed with Matt: Saving lots of Dil these days...