Home The Bridge

Sometimes, it's just the little things.

eXo | Cadet MatteXo | Cadet Matt ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge
1slqwzvzmba0.jpg

I can't unsee this. And, for whatever reason, it's more annoying to me than the Mirror Data artwork. Please, someone, go in and hold down the Shift+D key.

Edit: And, while you're in there, add a space after the colon.
Proud member of eXodus
Join the eXo|plosion today!

Comments

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, would it not be in their best interest to make the preceding four words lowercase?
  • eXo | Cadet MatteXo | Cadet Matt ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Actually, would it not be in their best interest to make the preceding four words lowercase?

I would be okay with either convention.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I skimmed a few crew’s ship ability titles and there isn’t a lot of consistency to formatting but most appear to have each word start with a capital letter, other than words that wouldn’t get one anyway.
  • 1slqwzvzmba0.jpg

I can't unsee this. And, for whatever reason, it's more annoying to me than the Mirror Data artwork. Please, someone, go in and hold down the Shift+D key.

Edit: And, while you're in there, add a space after the colon.

The lack a space after the colon is driving me crazy. I know not everyone is a writer or English teacher (just two of the hats I've worn) but... c'mon DB. A little effort and attention to detail would be nice.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just indicative of the complete lack of attention to detail through the entire game.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s bothering me too. I’ve never been a writer or an English teacher, although I was raised by a former editor. I keep trying to let these types of things go, but mostly I just try to pretend it doesn’t exist. That being said, it would be nice if they could just pick a style guide and keep it consistent. Please, DB?
  • It's just indicative of the complete lack of attention to detail through the entire game.

Entire company...

DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the lack of a comma after the cooldown time.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    And there’s not much consistency between which Lieutenants are ‘Lt’ and which are ‘Lt.’…. Again, I’d be good either way, if it were consistent.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    And there’s not much consistency between which Lieutenants are ‘Lt’ and which are ‘Lt.’…. Again, I’d be good either way, if it were consistent.

Same with doctors.

Some are Doctor (Doctor Selar, Doctor Chapel), some are Dr. (e.g. Dr. Hugh Culber, Dr. Gillian Taylor), and then there's Crusher and Phlox who have Dr (i.e. Dr Crusher, Dr Phlox).
    Yeah, no period.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Grammar is something I don't worry about until everything else is fixed. In other words, grammar will never be high on my list of irks from DB. That said, grammar is by far the easiest to fix, so...
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    You know, I want to say something snarky, and I don't think they're really concerned about how that aspect of the product looks.

But, at the end of the day, I think they're a product of the public education system, and they honestly don't even know to know better.
  • But, at the end of the day, I think they're a product of the public education system, and they honestly don't even know to know better.

DB, please seek help...

5azx7t2cykub.png
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Same with doctors.

Some are Doctor (Doctor Selar, Doctor Chapel), some are Dr. (e.g. Dr. Hugh Culber, Dr. Gillian Taylor), and then there's Crusher and Phlox who have Dr (i.e. Dr Crusher, Dr Phlox).
    Yeah, no period.

And don't forget Doc Crusher.