Home Past Anomalies
Options

[Solved]Funds for the Cause, Federation recipe is bugged

edited February 2018 in Past Anomalies
The Funds for the Cause recipe is generating the wrong rare item, some fuel.

ylho1erkg3g6.png

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to know. Thanks
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Letting the team know.
  • Options
    at least this beacon fuel appears to be valid for the replicator unlike the last time with combination vaccine which is still wasting space in my inventory.
  • Options
    I just got one too. Came here to see if it's know. It is. Now just adding to the list :)
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I now received two of the wrong rare reward on funds for a cause the middle item. This is screwed up
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting here to hopefully warn people that don’t check the engineering room
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merged 2 similar thread, for issues it goes in Engineering Room.

I will update the thread once I have more information.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Merged 2 similar thread, for issues it goes in Engineering Room.

I will update the thread once I have more information.

Are you going to make an announcement on the Bridge about this then? People don't check Engineering often, it would be nice to give people a heads up.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did.
  • Options
    Will this be addressed before the end of the event? My stash of beacon's is starting to build up.
  • Options
    TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    Excellent question. I already have 7 of them built up. C'mon DB you can fix this!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have deployed a hotfix for this, which is now live. This recipe will now drop the correct Rare Rewards.

The next step is working on a solution for players having received the wrong item.
  • Options
    shan... any updates on DB plan? will they be doing a "mass server conversion" of all "Beacon Fuel" to "Lists of Demands"?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was just finalized, and it will be explained by in-game mail as well.

We have automatically added the correct Rare Reward to the players that had the wrong one.
    The incorrect reward will be removed at a later date so you will still see it as well.

You will need to restart the game to see an updated amount of "Demands", though if you do not restart and you receive a Rare Rewards when doing a recipe, the amount will refresh itself.
  • Options
    Didn't work for me .... 8 before and 8 after restart. Only have 2 incorrect rares but they haven't been updated
    Officer - Second Star to the Right
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
    Fleet for Serious Gamers/Trekkers

Officer - VIP 0 Heroes (SkinterTailor)
    Officer - VIP 0 Champions (SkintestTailor)
  • Options
    Same here .... did not work. Restarted the app and the count was the same. Ran several recipes and got a few more rares and the amount still did not "refresh itself".
  • Options
    Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guest  wrote: »
    Same here .... did not work. Restarted the app and the count was the same. Ran several recipes and got a few more rares and the amount still did not "refresh itself".

I don’t think I understand what you’re saying.

Did you receive an in-game mail regarding the bug?

If so, are you saying you crafted additional “Demands” (the Rare Rewars) after you received the in-game mail, but the counter for them stayed the same?
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    Didn't work for me .... 8 before and 8 after restart. Only have 2 incorrect rares but they haven't been updated

Have you crafted any additional “Demands” since receiving the in-game mail with additional information in the crafting bug this evening?
    Hosun Lee
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    Did you receive an in-game mail regarding the bug?
    Yes, I did. But I was also following this thread before the in-game mail was sent out.
    If so, are you saying you crafted additional “Demands” (the Rare Rewars) after you received the in-game mail, but the counter for them stayed the same?
    No, I did not say that. Shan's post said that the "demands" would be updated with either (1) a restart, or (2) "when doing a recipe, the amount will refresh itself. " I tried both methods and neither worked. My "beacons" have not been converted to "demands".

• Options
    edited February 2018
    No, I did not say that. Shan's post said that the "demands" would be updated with either (1) a restart, or (2) "when doing a recipe, the amount will refresh itself. " I tried both methods and neither worked. My "beacons" have not been converted to "demands".

The erroneous Rare Reward, “Fuel Beacons,” as mentioned in the in-game, mail, are going to stay in your inventory (but won’t do any harm), until the event is over.

The update is referring to your total number of the Rare Reward, “Demands.” That tally will be updated after a client restart or when you create a new one.

Here’s an example:

Earlier today, I crafted the appropriate mission item for the mission “Funds for the Cause.” I triggered a bonus and received a Rare Reward of a single “Fuel Beacon.”

This was a bug. I was supposed to get a “Demand.” So we ran a script later in the day to address that.

Before we ran the script, I had 94 “Demands” in my inventory, and 3 “Fuel Beacons.”

After we ran the script, once I restarted my game client (or triggered another Rare Reward creation) I now had 97 “Demands” in my inventory and 3 “Fuel Beacons.”

The amount of “Demands” was updated, not “Fuel Beacons.” This is because there wasn’t an actual conversion (where we take A and replace it with B ). Your tally of “Fuel Beacons” was used to determine how many additional “Demands” you were supposed to be granted.

Does this line up with your experience, or did you encounter something different?
    Hosun Lee
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    The erroneous Rare Reward, “Fuel Beacons,” as mentioned in the in-game, mail, are going to stay in your inventory (but won’t do any harm), until the event is over.

The update is referring to your total number of the Rare Reward, “Demands.” That tally will be updated after a client restart or when you create a new one.

I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand, but I will try again.

The tally of "Demands" in my inventory HAVE NOT increased by the number of "Fuel Beacons" in my inventory.

As an example:

Before DB ran the script, I had 18 "Demands" and 4 "Fuel Beacons".

After reading Shan's post above, I restarted the client. I had 18 "Demands" and 4 "Fuel Beacons". I re-read Shan's post and completed several recipes. I now have 20 "Demands" in my inventory and 4 "Fuel Beacons".

The amount of "Demands" was NOT updated by the conversion script. NO additional "Demands" have been granted.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand, but I will try again.

The tally of "Demands" in my inventory HAVE NOT increased by the number of "Fuel Beacons" in my inventory.

As an example:

Before DB ran the script, I had 18 "Demands" and 4 "Fuel Beacons".

After reading Shan's post above, I restarted the client. I had 18 "Demands" and 4 "Fuel Beacons". I re-read Shan's post and completed several recipes. I now have 20 "Demands" in my inventory and 4 "Fuel Beacons".

The amount of "Demands" was NOT updated by the conversion script. NO additional "Demands" have been granted.

What is the DBID for your account?

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

What DBID for you? I found the one linked to your forum account but as far as we can tell it was not impacted by the issue.

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    And both of you could you send me a screenshot, via PM if you prefer, of your inventory showing the incorrect reward "Fuel". Thank you.
  • Options
    PM sent
  • Options
    TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I still have the issue, though I am glad DB was able to resolve it for the majority of users qx7w2121p01u.jpg
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tcal wrote: »
    I still have the issue, though I am glad DB was able to resolve it for the majority of users qx7w2121p01u.jpg

As explained in the email, and in this thread, the item Beacon Fuel was not removed from your inventory. Furthermore some of them were from a previous event.

For each player affected we have checked the amount of Beacon Fueled crafted yesterday, prior to the issue being fixed.