Home The Bridge
Options

Event length?

Is there a reason why this event is going on an extra day? I was blowing through chromitons this morning to maintain rank and realized that I still have one more day in the event. Is there a reason this event is going on an extra day? I find it annoying because I am trying to maintain my current rank and I have better things I would like to spend my chromitons on.

Comments

• Options
    My guess is since it is a Mega event that presumably lasts the entire month, it has different parameters from the normal weekly events.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Best guess is because DB is observing Columbus Day today.
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    I don't know why DB is observing Columbus Day. Most businesses in U.S. aren't closed on a day like this. Whatever no real harm
  • Options
    fwiw, we had plenty of advanced notice. the mega event schedule was sent out weeks ago via in game mail (and was a sticky on the old forum.)
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What makes no sense to me is they are observing Columbus day but not Labor Day. Exact same situation with a faction galaxy hybrid ending on a Monday.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another day of wasted chronos, I've maxed the threshold rewards and thats enough for me. Bored now, whens next weeks notes released?
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    guest_7456 wrote: »
    fwiw, we had plenty of advanced notice. the mega event schedule was sent out weeks ago via in game mail (and was a sticky on the old forum.)

Sure enough... Well that **tsk tsk**. Guess I'll have to start paying attention to the dates. Does anyone know if any recent event ended on a Tuesday?
  • Options
    It is rare but has happened twice before this year so far, Convergence Day in January and Second Battle of New York in June. Doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it. Merry Men which ran last December also ended on a Tuesday due to the Christmas holiday.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    [KM] Videm wrote: »
    It is rare but has happened twice before this year so far, Convergence Day in January and Second Battle of New York in June. Doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it. Merry Men which ran last December also ended on a Tuesday due to the Christmas holiday.

/sigh. Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll have to pay better attention around holidays.
  • Options
    Kirkish1 wrote: »
    guest_7456 wrote: »

Sure enough... Well that **tsk tsk**. Guess I'll have to start paying attention to the dates. Does anyone know if any recent event ended on a Tuesday?

The most recent was The Second Battle of New York 2, which ended on a Tuesday in June.

It's not the only one. Convergence Day, last January, also finished in Tuesday.

You can check all the dates on the wiki ;)
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    This is also a nasty surprise for me...guess my good rankng will be gone tomorrow and all threshold made by quite a margin...so...why spend more chronitons?
  • Options
    Great Job DB in extending this part of the event another day. You guys really hit the nail on the head when it comes to giving the players what they never asked for.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Nero84 wrote: »
    I don't know why DB is observing Columbus Day. Most businesses in U.S. aren't closed on a day like this. Whatever no real harm
    Well there's some harm in that we all need to spend more Chrons to hold rank.
    Everyone, just stop pushing! You're just making the rest of us keep up with you and no one gets anywhere! :p
    And there's another Galaxy next week...
  • Options
    At least this isn't a 5 day faction event. This game is already a serious cause of sleep disorders, without going an extra day.
  • Options
    Great Job DB in extending this part of the event another day. You guys really hit the nail on the head when it comes to giving the players what they never asked for.

I remember when players asked for fewer events. I also remember back when the first events came out, there was weeks between them. They actually felt special and you WANTED to participate.

They're not events anymore, this is just weekends in STT.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first mega event was special, this one I really can't be bothered about
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with higher quality and lower quantity. This event worked for me. Phone in the shuttles, FF at the last threshold, and quit and get a couple extra days off.

The ugly purple cannibalistic orc works for me too. Completely lackluster and devoid of any temptation to waste $25 on a 5th star. And I get the bonus that he didn't work as even crew for the galaxy portion anyways!

Too bad next week is half galaxy, even getting Ripper for a 5* is exceptionally unlikely to get me worked up enough to play galaxy and finish top 1k.
  • Options
    This past weekend was also NYC Comic Con that had a big Discovery Presence. My guess a more likely reason for the added day than any bank holiday.
    Sincerely,

Lilac Erosion

7TH Tactical Wing

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license
    -Lord Wizzlestix IT
  • Options
    2 holidays: Columbus Day AND Thanksgiving in Canada
  • Options
    Holidays always give us an extra day.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.