Home Fleet Central
Options

Join a Fleet or Actively Recruit? I've got questions. Hopefully, you've got answers.

I'm debating between joining an existing fleet or actively recruiting my own.
What are the pros and cons of both?
If I contribute to a starbase, but at a later date leave (for whatever reason), do I lose the benefits conferred by said starbase. or do I retain benefits?

I currently have a fleet (Fleet Woodmac), but the only member at the moment is a friend of mine who's a casual player at best. Is it possible to keep this fleet and join another, or do I have to abandon the one I have in order to join an existing fleet?

As for myself, I'm a relatively active player, though I'm currently limiting my spending to just a monthly card.

LVL 63
VIP 14
I've successfully completed episodes 1-7, all distress call missions, and all cadet challenges (all at the epic level).
I have 4 shuttles.
Total crew slots 215
Immortalized crew 178
I try to do the daily missions whenever I can, but life occasionally takes precedence .

I have 52 Legendary characters, 4 of which are immortalized. 13 of those 52 are at level 100 but not fully fused.
I've got too many Super-Rare characters to count (well I could, but I have better things to do).

I try to partake in events whenever I am able to.

I will be taking a vacation mid-February, so if I opt to join an existing crew, I probably wouldn't do so until after I get back on account it wouldn't be fair to join a team, then promptly say I'll be out of town for the next few days.

Also, I'm not very keen on branding my user name with fleet-affiliated symbols.

Comments

• Options
    Oh, and I'm almost done with level 8 as well (I'm 1 rare item acquisition shy of completion).
  • Options
    If you leave a fleet, you lose the benefits. There are a number of casual fleets out there, but of course their starbases are lower. I'm glad I abandoned my starbase and joined a casual fleet.
  • Options
    I had the same dilemma as you, and I went ahead and joined another fleet of casual gamers two days ago. I decided I didn’t want to deal with the pain of being an admiral of my own fleet, and worry about recruiting and kicking out fleet members, etc. Plus, I get much better bonuses than I did on my own. But yeah, lost the bonuses from my starbase.
  • Options
    The Colonial Fleet Ohio would love to have you in our second fleet. I have a couple of spots open so you could bring your fleetmate with you. I am sending you a private message as well and would love to discuss the opportunity with you.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I intentionally chose a fleet at a relatively low level so I could feel like I helped build it. We are now much higher. It is also casual, which I like, though a bit more interaction would be nice.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I joined the Steeler Nation fleet since I was born and raised in Pittsburgh. However, it rapidly became apparent that a lot of the membership and the Admiral had been inactive for nearly a year. I asked support to help me take command of the fleet so that the newly implemented Starbase rooms could be upgraded, we trimmed down players inactive for more than 6 months, and now have a small, core of more active players.

But we certainly don't require anyone to play every day, week or even month. There's no social obligation, outside chat app or mandatory fleet branding... the benefits are primarily for fleet bonuses. Any wiki updates or graphics I make are done purely for amusement (and procrastination). (And of course, you and your friend are more than welcome to join!)

Point being, if it amuses you to run your own fleet, then go ahead, and you may pick up stragglers from time to time. If you just want the bonuses, then find a casual fleet :)
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    To those of you who have taken the time to PM, thanks for doing so. At this time, I'm still in the process of making up my mind as to whether or not I'm going to join a fleet or promote the one I currently have. As I indicated in my original post, I'll be taking a vacation soon, and I don't expect to commit one way or the other until I get back. I'm not about to tell a player I'm interested in joining their fleet, when in fact I'm still very much undecided. Since I'm not prepared to make a decision at this time, please don't hold a slot for me, especially if someone else is interested in joining. If I opt to join a fleet I'll weigh the available options when I'm actually ready to do so. At that time, I may reply to those who PMd me to see if any of those offers are still on the table, but I'll totally understand if those available slots have gone to others in the interim.
    LLAP
  • Options
    Feds r us is a very active and f2p fleet. We have a lvl 76 starbase which rivals some whale fleets out there. If you are a daily player and want to experience a fully operational Death Star look for us on fab at Feds R Us a group page. Ask to join there and read our 10 commandments. If you agree We will add you in game. Thanks