Home The Bridge

Crew Sort (A WTF were you thinking DB)

So, under the crew sort by alphabetical. Its so messed up. For example, there is no real method to your madness when sorting. Most Archer cards are sorted by A, for Archer (regardless of Tittle like Mirror or C.O.P", but some Bashir cards are not sorted by Bashir. Its under C for "Changeling Bashir" However Raf Bashir is Under B, For Bashir.. But in that direction, Anastasia Is Under A, and Not under K, for Kira. or Duhamps, W, for Worf. However you have Falcon O'Brien under F for Falcon, Not O for O'Brien. So I guess my gripe is, Fix the Sort to be by the Actual Crew Name, Or by the First Letter of the Tittle of the Card. It Is frustrating.

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changeling Bashir is not Bashir.

The others, like Duchamps and Anastasia, should be sorted with their proper variants. This was acknowledged as a bug/future improvement a while ago. But the new Friar Tuck Data shows the same behavior, so ...
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I'd actually never even noticed the option to sort alphabetically. If there's someone specific I'm looking for, I'll use the search bar.
  • Forget sorting by name, let me sort by trait.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Forget sorting by name, let me sort by trait.

Type it in the search bar
  • Grant77 wrote: »

I have tried that but if I search for say 'pilot' I will get pilot crew but also a number of crew without that trait like Morgan Bateson, Galen, and lily sloane.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have tried that but if I search for say 'pilot' I will get pilot crew but also a number of crew without that trait like Morgan Bateson, Galen, and lily sloane.

I have all those in quarters, and none show up in a search for pilot.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as Changeling Bashir isn't Bashir True, he should still be sorted in with Bashir. After all he did fool the DS9 crew for months thinking he was Bashir. I'd rather likes be sorted with likes, even if they aren't in all truth, the same person.

I don't have Locutus so I can't search him, but does Locutus get sorted in with Picard or as separate?
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Locutus is sorted as Locutus, not Picard. They need to fix that as well as the search. If I search for Picard, all of the Picard crew should show up, not just the ones who have “Picard” in their long name.
  • Yes, that’s what’s I was getting at, I realize I may have goofed a lil with changling, but he is still a Bashir card lol
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hell, Leshy et al. has (have?) already done the first-letter-of-card-title alphebetizing work for them, on the Do-Not-Airlock Checklist in the Ready Room. C’mon, DB, get it together! 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    The search function is pretty poor! Mademoiselle de Neuf doesn't appear in the search hits for Seven.

Also, whats with Odo being first in the cryo-vault? Shouldn't it be alphabetically i.e. Abraham Lincoln? Someone please explain to me how it is sorted, as I cant figure it out!
    DB: Do Better
  • The Cryo Vault is completely random. Instead of sorting characters by series it's just a mess. But DB never could sort. The ordering of ships in Voyages is just as messed up.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Aha! I think I know why DB’s sorting almost makes sense: They applied their own version of RNG to the list!

EDIT: Or, what Wizz just said.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »

I just tried this and am not getting the same results as you. I search "pilot" and get only the characters with the pilot trait even though I have both Galen and Lily on my active roster. If you are getting these in the search results, you should post in engineering/submit a ticket.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they ever thought the crew variant thing through all the way. It seems to me that their database doesn't even have a field for "master character" or variant, just displayed name. So until they update their database and manually add a hidden trait of variant to each character, they can't sort by that method.

And you know, it would have to take, what, 10, 20 months for an intern to manually go through the 500 crew list and add it one at a time? That's just too much of a time commitment to expect.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, Deanna and Lwaxanna are both just Troi so they get mixed together
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locutus is sorted as Locutus, not Picard. They need to fix that as well as the search. If I search for Picard, all of the Picard crew should show up, not just the ones who have “Picard” in their long name.

Yeah, same for Dixon Hill & Galen.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Cryo Vault is completely random. Instead of sorting characters by series it's just a mess. But DB never could sort. The ordering of ships in Voyages is just as messed up.

And the faction store tiles are still backwards!
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me that their database doesn't even have a field for "master character" or variant, just displayed name.

It seems they do, it's just not searchable, or consistent.

Alphabetical sort puts Galen and Robin Hood with Picard, but not Locutus. None of them match a search for Picard.
  • I don't think they ever thought the crew variant thing through all the way. It seems to me that their database doesn't even have a field for "master character" or variant, just displayed name. So until they update their database and manually add a hidden trait of variant to each character, they can't sort by that method.

And you know, it would have to take, what, 10, 20 months for an intern to manually go through the 500 crew list and add it one at a time? That's just too much of a time commitment to expect.

That does exist and the game used to show it in the crew quarters in the “tile” before they switched to the smaller head only display. It also shows in other places like Dabo and the pop-up when someone joins your crew. It seems this is what it’s sorting by. Unfortunately they sometimes mess that short name up. Like Deanna and Lwaxana are both “Troi”. And Jadzia and Ezri are all over the place, sometimes E. Dax and sometimes Ezri. The Daxes are also jumbled up together in the Vault.