Home The Bridge

Has anyone bought a Ship "Special Offer"

Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge
I'm just curious, has anyone ever bought a Ship special offer? (no I don't mean the new limited ships like the USS Discovery pack I am talking Starry Skies or similar) I just don't get it!?
DB: Do Better

Has anyone bought a Ship "Special Offer" 137 votes

Yes, I wanted the ship
10%
nova magnusDpmtCommander Sinclair[BL] Q Plasma~peregrine~MirrorMartiganFrank?[STFL] TheHell2EarthGib - Admiral MarinersIcon66[10F] Belle'Anna S14 Bri Dirk Gunderson 14 votes
Yes, it came with something else I needed like Dil
1%
[KM] UL1R53[TUFG] Siguard 2 votes
No
88%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Dralixuss_bonaventure[7TW] UnkieBizausomeAviTrekAmphistaffCaptain_Who[KM]Videm[ISA] RavenWaldoMagSabine of AthensCaptain Durf[NDQ] Joker41NAMProsserData1001MordackCaptain Lost[DB:Do Better] More Tranya!GAWA 121 votes

Comments

• This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I've done the limited discovery 25 dollar deals but never the weekly pop-up starry skies one.
  • No
    Nope nope nope. Not worth it. Ever.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I wanted the ship
    I did it for the ISS Defiant and it was not worth it. Dumb move, never doing it again even if I see another ISS Defiant pack.
  • Yes, I wanted the ship
    When new to the game I paid for the Shenzhou... it’s still at lev 1.......... what a waste of cash
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I spent dil on the first nx offer. Bought one pack. I got I believe 150 schematics of NX-01
    I could not even build the ship level one. I will never buy a offer for ship schematics.

DB values the ships more than crew. I wonder when they will wise up. Or, make ships more useful than crew.
  • No
    Nope. Got "Patrol the Galaxy" this week and just laughed.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would NEVER do it. You only need one ship. $25 is alot to pay for a tiny amount of replicator fuel
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I wanted the ship
    I bought the Borg pack to max-level all 3 space wessels & get the bonus dilithium. The 878 sphere is useful for credits in the Arena, and the cube is occasionally useful for Voyages. That being said, I will probably never buy another schematics pack. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yes, I wanted the ship
    Once bitten twice shy I won't again when I compare the value to ships to STO v STT there's little that can be done with the ship and arena awards are a joke for what you pay for them

I Was playing Star Trek Adversaries earlier and got a Free Sovereign class Enterprise E so balls in DB's court now going forward
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope. Never will.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I briefly considered a Starry Skies weekly deal pack for a new ship, and then did the math & realized what level the schems would get it to.

That’s about when I stopped considering ship packs. :P
  • No
    Nope.
  • 6 weeks in a row i've gotten either Starry Skies or Ship It offered to me. What an absolute joke.
  • No
    Nope. I was offered in 3 consecutive weeks Ship It, Starry Skies, and Conquer the Galaxy. Ths week I was offered the 30pulls + dil for 50, and I also didn't bite. 30 pulls will result in at least 20 diplucates, which is hardly a remotely decent value for the money. From now on, until more crew are added to the 10x Premium pulls, it 10 for 10 or nothing. With 10 for 10 at least I scratch an itch, without feeling cheated out of my money, even if I get 10 duplicates. It's like buying a scratch card and getting nothing.
  • The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    No
    Someone must be buying these... Since DB keeps pushing them on us. Surely DB would never put out an offer that no one wants right? Right?

Seriously though DB. Stop with the Ships. Please. Remove them from the "Special Offer" rotations and create some new offers.

Maybe...

Offers for a random Legendary?
    Offers for Merits?
    Offers for Citations?
    Offers for Beholds?

You know... things people may actually want :)
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    No
    Someone must be buying these... Since DB keeps pushing them on us. Surely DB would never put out an offer that no one wants right? Right?

Seriously though DB. Stop with the Ships. Please. Remove them from the "Special Offer" rotations and create some new offers.

Maybe...

Offers for Merits?
    Offers for Citations?
    Offers for Beholds?

I am shocked they can't even tell when the offer they are sending you is for ships you already maxed. Are they expecting people to be that hard up for replicator rations that they will spend $25?
    edited February 2018
    No
    arjuna wrote: »

Maybe...

Offers for Merits?
    Offers for Citations?
    Offers for Beholds?

I am shocked they can't even tell when the offer they are sending you is for ships you already maxed. Are they expecting people to be that hard up for replicator rations that they will spend $25?

I would hope not lol. When it comes to what my actual cash can get me I tend to look at it like this:

Is it more or less valuable than just putting that money into Dilithium to put in a Voyage? For example, the 1250 Chrons for $9.99: How many Chrons would 950 Dilithium worth of revives get me on a Voyage? Probably around 1250 chrons, plus a LOT of other stuff: items/honor/creds/crew. That's how I tend to look at it anyways. Makes sense in my brain :)

EDIT: I'm not saying you should compare EVERYTHING to Voyages necessarily. I just use it as a value standard for deciding if I should spend money on something or not.
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    No

Maybe...

Offers for Merits?
    Offers for Citations?
    Offers for Beholds?

I would hope not lol. When it comes to what my actual cash can get me I tend to look at it like this:

Is it more or less valuable than just putting that money into Dilithium to put in a Voyage? For example, the 1250 Chrons for $9.99: How many Chrons would 950 Dilithium worth of revives get me on a Voyage? Probably around 1250 chrons, plus a LOT of other stuff: items/honor/creds/crew. That's how I tend to look at it anyways. Makes sense in my brain :)

EDIT: I'm not saying you should compare EVERYTHING to Voyages necessarily. I just use it as a value standard for deciding if I should spend money on something or not.

I know lol, I'm just trying to make the point that if you have the ships maxed then the offer is worse that useless as it is taking the place of an offer you may actually want. When it comes to making money on weekly offers DB is doing it wrong.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Watch for a new Andorian ship pack at some point soon. I started a voyage this morning and the ship trait bonus was "Andorian", despite there not currently being any Andorian ships in the fleet.
  • No

Maybe...

Offers for Merits?
    Offers for Citations?
    Offers for Beholds?

I know lol, I'm just trying to make the point that if you have the ships maxed then the offer is worse that useless as it is taking the place of an offer you may actually want. When it comes to making money on weekly offers DB is doing it wrong.

Im 100% with you on this one lol! They really are doing it wrong, which is funny because I feel like their Holiday offers have been pretty good.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Watch for a new Andorian ship pack at some point soon. I started a voyage this morning and the ship trait bonus was "Andorian", despite there not currently being any Andorian ships in the fleet.

And just like that, 13 minutes later... voila!

I'm still not biting
  • No

And just like that, 13 minutes later... voila!

I'm still not biting

Lol. Yep. Nope....
  • edited February 2018
    No

Maybe...

Offers for Merits?
    Offers for Citations?
    Offers for Beholds?

This is very much a bait for new players who can't perform well in the arena because they need to compensate for not been here for the last: 6 months, a year, or since beta. I am pretty sure that many people who feel competitive about it, happily splash the cash. Even if they're gone a few months later, DB got their money, so all's water under the bridge.
    edited February 2018
    No

Maybe...

Offers for Merits?
    Offers for Citations?
    Offers for Beholds?

This is very much a bait for new players who can't perform well in the arena because they need to compensate for not been here for the last: 6 months, a year, or since beta. I am pretty sure that many people who feel competitive about it, happily splash the cash. Even if they're gone a few months later, DB got their money, so all's water under the bridge.

Yeah I can see that. When I first started I really really wanted to max the ISS Enterprise. I quickly realized just how easy it is to max ships though, and that once you have 1 Legendary Ship maxed you are good to go. If they ever come up with a way to make having multiple Legendary Ships more relevant I could see the ship offers being worth it. They would still have to come way down on the price and way up on the guaranteed amount of schematics though. For example if there was a single offer to max a ship from level 1 it MAY be worth it... IF they make ships more relevant. Voyages are a step in the right direction, but nowhere near enough for me to justify spending money on ships just to up my starting AM.

I still want an All Space Mega Event designed around the Doomsday Machine! :)
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe...

Offers for Merits?
    Offers for Citations?
    Offers for Beholds?

I like this idea. I would totally go for, say 3 legendary beholds for $25. Or $30

• barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the Kumari.

I will not be trying to get the Kumari.
  • No

Maybe...

Offers for Merits?
    Offers for Citations?
    Offers for Beholds?

I like this idea. I would totally go for, say 3 legendary beholds for $25. Or $30

I would too! Or can you imagine an offer for, lets say $24.99 for 2 Legendary Citations?
  • No

Maybe...

Offers for Merits?
    Offers for Citations?
    Offers for Beholds?

Yeah I can see that. When I first started I really really wanted to max the ISS Enterprise. I quickly realized just how easy it is to max ships though, and that once you have 1 Legendary Ship maxed you are good to go. If they ever come up with a way to make having multiple Legendary Ships more relevant I could see the ship offers being worth it. They would still have to come way down on the price and way up on the guaranteed amount of schematics though. For example if there was a single offer to max a ship from level 1 it MAY be worth it... IF they make ships more relevant. Voyages are a step in the right direction, but nowhere near enough for me to justify spending money on ships just to up my starting AM.

I still want an All Space Mega Event designed around the Doomsday Machine! :)

I am totally behind that, including the doomsday machine event :) I also like your fresh idea to diversify the offers with something people might actually find very useful. Your point on legendary ships is spot on. Sadly, it takes a rational person to put their brain on and actually see the situation they are put into and play in - not to mention that I was also up for any Enterprise in the roster. It's actually so easy to see yourself losing vs some other legendary ship and not overreact. Having said that, I do get that it's just as easy to get angry, whip your wallet and buy yourself up the ranks. Thank God I played over 4 months as VIP0, and taking the game exactly as it is, a game - if I had that competitive streak, I might have taken the easy way out as well. Once again, thank God I didn't. It's such a waste of cash.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yes, I wanted the ship
    as long it is "guaranteed schematics to level 6" or some such, then yeah. I bought Discovery for that reason. All other offers that say "best chance of..." are meaningless RNG crapola. Anyone who tries to get the Andorian ship from this "best chance of..." in the portal, will either be super lucky, or super PO'd that they have to wait 6 months or more for the ship to show up in the arena to build that ship to level 1 (case in point: that did happen to me with the Hirogen Warship.)

Edit: can I change my answer to no? I just reread the poll to see the exclusion of the Discovery pack, et al. LOL

Starry skies, etc. is worthless, unless you really really need replicator fuel and willing to pay actual $ for it.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...