Home Make It So!

Problems with Voyages

t74z6v542l7d.png
This is an image from the conclusion of one of my voyages.
If you'll look you'll see that almost all challenges with SEC, DIP and CMD skills were passed - 85% and 100% success rate.
The challenges with SCI, ENG and MED skills though have only 38%, 51% and 66% success rate.

That didn't surprise me by itself - those are the skills where I was weak and had the lowest overall points.
What is annoying though is that where I was strong I had no more then 27 challenges at the most (also it's the lowest of the rates) but where I was week I had up to 80 challenges with 27 as the lowest count.

I'm going to try and follow with other voyages to see if it's a repeated pattern, but it seems to me that the game is specifically targeting our weakest points in order to fail our voyages after the 6 hours mark and so far the only way beyond that time is with dilithium and not with skill.

Would like to know if others noticed same problem

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    What were the primary and secondary skills? I'd assume SCI primary, MED secondary.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you aware there are primary and secondary skills? Primary comes up 35% of the time, secondary 25%, the other four 10%. You staff your voyage accordingly.
  • No, I was unaware of the significance, though in hindsight it's easy to see.
    Regardless - I always put my best in a voyage so it would not have changed how I stuffed it - it might change my conclusions as to the results.

Thank you for the info - I'll now take that into account when reviewing results - if there will be a discrepancy I'll post it again.
    Regardless - I always put my best in a voyage so it would not have changed how I stuffed it - it might change my conclusions as to the results.

Thank you for the info - I'll now take that into account when reviewing results - if there will be a discrepancy I'll post it again.

You absolutely need to pay attention to this to determine the best way to staff your Voyage.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.

You absolutely need to pay attention to this to determine the best way to staff your Voyage.

Yeah, but if I put my top people on it anyway - how can that change? My MED skills are the lowest so far (though I hope that by the end of this mega I'll have an immortalized Admiral Cornwell will take over).
    So I try to prioritize SCI, MED and ENG when I level up a character, but this is slow going and only improve with time.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, but if I put my top people on it anyway - how can that change?

Because your top people aren't always your top people.

If medical is primary, then for each slot, click the med filter. This will filter and sort by med score, for crew that match the selected skill. If your voyage is med/dip, the best crew for cmd slot may not be your best cmd.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

If medical is primary, then for each slot, click the med filter. This will filter and sort by med score, for crew that march the selected skill. If your voyage is med/dip, the best crew for cmd slot may not be your best cmd.

Yes, and it's better to have slightly lower numbers on the other skills, in order to get as high as possible on the primary and secondary skills.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • 35% will be the Gold skill
    25% will be the silver skill
    The other 40% will be split across the other 4 skills.

You must stack the Gold & Silver skill.

If MED is gold then you will just have to do the best you can.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Dralix wrote: »

If medical is primary, then for each slot, click the med filter. This will filter and sort by med score, for crew that march the selected skill. If your voyage is med/dip, the best crew for cmd slot may not be your best cmd.

Yes, and it's better to have slightly lower numbers on the other skills, in order to get as high as possible on the primary and secondary skills.

Slightly yes, but not too low. A score or two in the 2000’s can really halt your voyage before the 8 hour mark.