Home The Bridge

Expedition Shran

barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. I noticed a new Shran in the avatars. His silhouette in the vault is Expedition Shran, a 3*. Wonder if he'll be the the 3* ranked this week?

6q34c0r3x2i8.png

Comments

• If he will be the 3* rank reward, then most likely Commando Shran will be the threshold reward, unless he is slated to be the 2*/3* threshold reward, then Commander Thelian will be the 4* threshold reward.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Aww that's too bad if it means 4* Shran is the threshold, though. I've had him FF for months. I'd love a crack at my first animated character.

Also, note to self! Start farming Imperial Guard emblems!
  • I hope he's really good for cadet day. I would a bit of a roster shake up..new faces are always welcome.
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Nice! I like Shran, it's too bad his 4- and 5 star versions have been made weak by the power creep. Hos 3 star version will be a nice addition to my trophy case (freezer).

I'm well supplied with mostly female aliens for the weekend., so there will be no reason to keep him around.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yayness for another Shran! And it's the episode "The Aenar" ... the hope for Jhamel is rising again. Please bring Jhamel next week as the freebie 500th crew! :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he will be the 3* rank reward, then most likely Commando Shran will be the threshold reward, unless he is slated to be the 2*/3* threshold reward, then Commander Thelian will be the 4* threshold reward.

Do we usually have a 3* Threshold Reward? Asking seriously, because I forget stuff!!!!!

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    If he will be the 3* rank reward, then most likely Commando Shran will be the threshold reward, unless he is slated to be the 2*/3* threshold reward, then Commander Thelian will be the 4* threshold reward.

Do we usually have a 3* Threshold Reward? Asking seriously, because I forget stuff!!!!!

Scott

No, we don't.

We usually have a 2* threshold reward and a 3* ranked reward.

I believe in the past there were some instances of a 3* threshold, but those were exceptions.

Excited that we're getting a new Shran though! :D
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    We usually have a 2* threshold reward and a 3* ranked reward.

I believe in the past there were some instances of a 3* threshold, but those were exceptions.

Two events ago, Laws of Nature, had 3* Adami as threshold.

We've also had a 1* threshold before, but I don't think we're supposed to talk about that ...
  • Dralix wrote: »
    We've also had a 1* threshold before, but I don't think we're supposed to talk about that ...

C'mon .... what captain wouldn't want 2 copies of 1* McCoy on his roster? :lol:
  • pbertpbert ✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

...can't...resist...

giphy.gif

• [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    [DC]Hetoxy wrote: »
    I hope he's really good for cadet day. I would a bit of a roster shake up..new faces are always welcome.

Unless Shran is about to undergo a sex change operation and reveal that he's a Starfleet secret agent (hey, DB has gone non-canon in the past), the answer to this question is automatically no.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • io30gy7go8bl.jpeg
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • NeemsNeems ✭✭✭
    I hope he's really good for cadet day. I would a bit of a roster shake up..new faces are always welcome.

Unless Shran is about to undergo a sex change operation and reveal that he's a Starfleet secret agent (hey, DB has gone non-canon in the past), the answer to this question is automatically no.

Starfleet won't matter for 3* Cadet, but I agree that him not being female does make him worthless to my weekend crew. Only male alien I run is Mendon.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is 2018 (or 2318)...

Maybe Shran self-identifies as being a female. Then we all good...
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't Andorians have four sexes, or something? Maybe he just lets pinkskins assume he's 'male' because he thinks if he started correcting them about everything they get wrong there'd be no time left to kick butt.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaitee wrote: »
    Don't Andorians have four sexes, or something? Maybe he just lets pinkskins assume he's 'male' because he thinks if he started correcting them about everything they get wrong there'd be no time left to kick butt.

I’d hate to see an Andorian public toilet ...
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Then again, some Andorians love confrontation...

HyDZmLF.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    How did Shran possibly lose the Ushaan duel to Archer? It was with a weapon Shran had trained with for years doing a duel he had trained for for years. Archer had never held the weapon nor ever done a Ushaan duel. Didn't make sense.
    Let’s fly!
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

That was only stated in the books, I don't believe it ever made its way into any canon works.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

That was only stated in the books, I don't believe it ever made its way into any canon works.

And if memory serves, only in some of the books. I think there was another where Andorians were mentioned as having only two sexes instead of four. It’s been a while since I read them, though, so I could be wrong.
    How did Shran possibly lose the Ushaan duel to Archer? It was with a weapon Shran had trained with for years doing a duel he had trained for for years. Archer had never held the weapon nor ever done a Ushaan duel. Didn't make sense.

Archer won because he found a loophole that allowed him to win without killing Shran. He wasn't trying to outfight him, only trying to outsmart the whole affair. He was very close to actually losing if I recall.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neems wrote: »

Starfleet won't matter for 3* Cadet, but I agree that him not being female does make him worthless to my weekend crew. Only male alien I run is Mendon.

That's why I have still hopes for a 3* Jhamel ...

5ms62tkh6f4y.jpg
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect most here have never read any Star Trek books. I've read a few, but only a few. (I've read, and own, enough Star Wars books that I might be chased out with torches and pitchforks if people here knew the number. 😉) So the point is that one could make any claim about Star Trek books and most of us would never know the difference. Let's start a rumor here. Just say that Tribbles are actually super intelligent beings bent on a slow galactic takeover--I read it somewhere.
  • The Klingons are aware, and have accepted that due to the tribbles' appearance no one else believes them.

The Great Tribble Hunt saved the Galaxy.
    Finnbar wrote: »
    The Klingons are aware, and have accepted that due to the tribbles' appearance no one else believes them.

The Great Tribble Hunt saved the Galaxy.

I always liked Worf's reaction to the tribbles in Trials and Tribble-ations. Klingons take tribbles very seriously.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect most here have never read any Star Trek books. I've read a few, but only a few. (I've read, and own, enough Star Wars books that I might be chased out with torches and pitchforks if people here knew the number. 😉) So the point is that one could make any claim about Star Trek books and most of us would never know the difference. Let's start a rumor here. Just say that Tribbles are actually super intelligent beings bent on a slow galactic takeover--I read it somewhere.

Memory Beta is but a few clicks away:

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Thy'lek_Shran
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Just say that Tribbles are actually super intelligent beings bent on a slow galactic takeover--I read it somewhere.
    That's actually true - the parasite aliens in the TNG episode, "Conspiracy," are just shaved Tribbles.
    cfgpj5032cde.pngvxr7a5qr5las.png

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭

Archer was bigger and stronger so he was just tossing him around and then he strangled him with a wire. Besides he was a competent fighter (as Malik said).

Shran was trained in a fight with pizza cutters where tossing someone around was an automatic disqualification.

So he was surprised when Archer started throwing him around.

It's like bringing a small boxer into MMA fight against bigger, stronger opponent.