Home The Bridge

What level is your Starbase?

[10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge

What level is your Starbase? 124 votes

Level 1-20
8%
WaldoMagSabine of Athens12345678 of 123456789•RIVIN•Shy KhanSelene 7Captain_JanmanSrOuramedium roastBingo von Bongo 10 votes
Level 21-40
6%
Captain TFHungry Dog DDM~peregrine~Gib - Admiral MarinersLeadHeadDavideBooks[10F] gobolts07 guest_787385357443072 8 votes
Level 41-60
20%
Captain DurfFor CardassiaRocpileGAWA[TUFG] Siguard[STJ] Wendelldext74Commander SinclairIrialkobaOdo MarmarosaMirrorMartiganThurthoradCapt. Pete OwenveXWebberonibkbroilerrobownageLoveshotPompeyMagnus 26 votes
Level 61-70
13%
ADM Fletcher [ET]Captain_WhoCaptainUnderpants[NDQ] Joker41NAMDpmtMagisse[QH] He-Who-MeowsLilac Erosion Althea BiermontFrankensteinVice Admiral Starfish÷ The Eternal ChampionGordon FreemanAggeSiegfried <TGE> CliffordJassada 17 votes
Level 71-75
28%
Warrior Willo[RotP]Ran AirenAmphistaff[GoT] jess-gayProsserDharkusCapt. ChaosCaptain Sisko [AA][TFA] CeleresGrant77[PAaA] Peanut3141SpaceWereDragonJim SteelePallidyne[SSR] GTMETfaroguyPlasmaPinkyfirstPaladin 27[KF] Kapitan Dobchan 35 votes
Level 76-80
19%
Peachtree Rex<TGE> DangerDrake[KM] UL1R53/SSR/ Captain S'logSSR BarkleyXoiikuZombie Squirrel {SST} Captain Magenta Borealis[DB:Do Better] More Tranya!Jhamel[TFA] Commodore WizzlestixeXo | Cadet MattCapt Ajamm[KM] WOLF 359[10F] NewtonianQBalls[S14]SirManiacbowdyThe Great GornholioshahekeeSquidly 24 votes
Level 80-84
3%
This Sisko1Larxene[FF] Frylock IBOL17Almost a Angel 4 votes

Comments

• JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level 76-80
    TGE is gunna hit 76 tomurrmeow and soon after 77 ... another purrficiency room soon done, four left to go and of course then there's still three levels of rep cost and one more replicator level itself. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Level 1-20
    6, and I've been playing actively since they were added. Starbases are basically broken for small fleets (I am alone in mine). The game is becoming ever more unbalanced in favor of big fleets. Now not only for events, but also for the gauntlet.
  • Level 1-20
    For small fleets the introduction of proficiency roll boosters in the Starbase has ruined the already frustrating Gauntlet.
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Level 1-20
    Speaking for myself, I have never liked guilds, so no, I won't be joining a big fleet. If the game becomes too unbalanced for small fleets, I'll just play a different game instead.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Level 71-75
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    Speaking for myself, I have never liked guilds, so no, I won't be joining a big fleet. If the game becomes too unbalanced for small fleets, I'll just play a different game instead.

Most people play this for the love of Star Trek and not for the gaming experience. If this is just another game for you then I'd suggest not getting too attached.
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Level 1-20
    Grant77 wrote: »

Most people play this for the love of Star Trek and not for the gaming experience. If this is just another game for you then I'd suggest not getting too attached.

That's why I play as well, but honestly some aspects of the game feel very un-star trek-y to me. Like the gauntlet. Plus I have little interest in discovery. So even if I love star trek I must admit my interest in the game has been waning a bit the last few months. I'm hoping they'll improve it again. (For example by changing the event reward structure and by fixing starbases for small fleets.)
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level 80-84
    We just plow along. At 81 currently.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Level 71-75

That's why I play as well, but honestly some aspects of the game feel very un-star trek-y to me. Like the gauntlet. Plus I have little interest in discovery. So even if I love star trek I must admit my interest in the game has been waning a bit the last few months. I'm hoping they'll improve it again. (For example by changing the event reward structure and by fixing starbases for small fleets.)

I guess what I mean is that I just kind of block out those things and focus on the characters that I love from the shows and movies.

Your problems can easily be rectified by getting a better crew and joining a good fleet, but there are others that aren't so easy to fix. I'm resigned to the fact that DB will never provide a good gaming experience, but that's ok because it's Star Trek.
  • Level 41-60
    You could join a lot of starbases that are 20-30 levels higher than yours and never interact with anyone, and not have to do anything different than what you're doing solo contributing to a starbase.
  • Level 61-70
    Our starbase is level 68.

We are I suppose a hybrid fleet. No apps like Line or GroupMe, but still 50 pretty active players probably 5 whales and probably 10 level 0-5 VIPs too that are or close to FTP, the rest somewhere in-between.

For not having any Draconian rules and being fairly inclusive, IMO we are pretty competitive.

“You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Level 41-60
    Just hit 53. We have about 20% that are not as active , so building has been a bit slow.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Level 1-20
    For small fleets the introduction of proficiency roll boosters in the Starbase has ruined the already frustrating Gauntlet.

You're always free to join a good fleet.

Thanks for the constructive feedback!!
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Level 76-80
    Just hit level 76. Feds R Us is awesome for a mostly ftp fleet
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Level 80-84
    We just plow along. At 81 currently.

I Heard Dat!! We are an Awesome Group
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our Starbase looks well
    8dfuoe4biy8p.jpg