Home Make It So!
Options

Crew pack pull results

RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in Make It So!
Other card-based games (e.g. Hearthstone) have a process in place where, when opening card packs from a certain expansion, it is not possible to get duplicate Legendary cards until one has the complete set of legendaries for that expansion.
Legendaries drop at a random rate, but there is a pity timer in place that insures the player will get at least 1 legendary per opening 30 packs of one specific expansion.

Make It So
Make it that any 5* or 4* to come up in a behold, or portal pull/Voyage, is not already fully fused (FF) on a player's crew list, or in their cryostasis vault.
The game already knows which crew an individual player has due to the availability of crew lists and the cryostasis vault.

Example
Every time a player does a 10x premium pull, and gets a behold, the three 4*s on offer are from the current 4* crew pool, but exclude all those the player has FF ... so they may be offered a third star, new character and 4th star for their three choices ... if they only need 1 more star for one crew in the current pool, then that will be offered and two duplicates of random FF crew.

Result
- Less frustration of players who have put time/money into the game and acquired large amounts of crew and get beholds with only FF crew but still need stars on other crew in the current portal pull pool.
- Decreases the need to continually offer 5 more slots on DB's part, as crew will be FF at a faster rate (with a possibility of placing them in the cryo vault).
- Increase in portal pulls in the short to medium term, as players know they are not only getting Honor.
- General increase in "pleasure" in playing the game for all player modes, from big spenders to f2p (there's nothing worse than getting a FF 4* from a portal pull/voyage as an f2p).

EDIT: There are around 200 4*s in the game and 150 5*s ... 2/3rds are probably in the portal pool ... plenty of options in other words.

Comments

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about 2* and 3* beholds as well in normal pulls? :) And also, some more 2* and 3* crew wouldn't hurt, might actually improve one or two crew slot uses less with better everywhere-to-use crew.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Make it that any 5* or 4* to come up in a behold, or portal pull/Voyage, is not already fully fused (FF) on a player's crew list, or in their cryostasis vault.

DB has read these suggestions and this analysis of pros and cons a hundred times and was unconvinced one hundred times.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    The only problem with this is there are people who go after multiples of crew and would be completely shut out of obtaining them if this was in place. As an example, I would not be able to get more Janeways and build up the crew I want just because I already have at least one of each immortal. Being forced to choose from crew I either do not have FF/immortal yet (some are 1/5 or 2/5 that I have not even looked at because other 3/5 and above 5*s and FF 4*s are higher on my list right now) or from brand new crew that I simply do not want to collect right now (I do not have the space to continue nursing numerous new 1/5 crew that I simply do not have a need for right now because that is all DB's RNG would give me the majority of the time) would certainly put me in a worse situation than giving me three choices that I already have FF/immortal.

The better option would be to have a refresh option with each Behold; you refresh the selection given to you if you do not like the initial choices.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ErisTheVorta
    Nah ... they come in in droves in Voyages ... also you can purchase them easily through 750 merits or 90k credits and they are very easy to come by in events etc. etc. etc.
    Waaaay back in the day I might have said "sure" ... I started playing sometime mid-2016 and I remember opening tons of 90k credit packs (1 a day) to look for a second 2* Crusher.

@Astrometrics
    Good to bring it up once in a while, keep this idea fresh on their minds (I'd hope so anyway).

@{SST} Captain Magenta Borealis
    I get where you're coming from (i.e. you want to have a billion 5* Janeways because, hey, you'll do well in Janeway events) but your argument contradicts itself on so many fronts ...

1. You want multiple (FF) copies of the same crew ... but you mention crew space limitations ... then don't collect multiple copies of the same crew?

2. You mention crew space issues but then lament the possibility to FF useless 5*s that you could cryo and hence get space back on your crew.

3. You mention crew space issues but lament the choice to get 3 cards you do not want on your crew anyway (hey, just airlock 'em) ... if you get a behold with 3 crew that are FF and not Janeway you're in the same situation.

4. You mention crew space issues and then lament the fact that you've got a host of 1/5s that you "do not need right now" ... might be nice to have the possibility to FF them and cryo them for future use no? instead of just air locking them if push comes to shove.

5. A refresh option does not meet the general issue of people who have most crew FF and so will generally get beholds with only FF options ... i.e. good change that the refresh will be 3 FF options again.

I could go on, but I think you see where I'm going with this. The initial post was as a general suggestion to help the general population of players ... there are multiple posts on the Forum that see a 4* behold with all FF crew as negative ... I've never once read someone complaining because they couldn't get their third FF copy of Captain Janeway from a behold (granted, I might be reading the wrong posts).
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Good to bring it up once in a while, keep this idea fresh on their minds (I'd hope so anyway).

We wouldn't want DB to forget that we want a 90-times effective increase of Honour (under certain conditions).

Or maybe our proposals wouldn't be ignored this hard if we weren't asking for a 90-times increase, but hey... it would help the general population of players, as you say. Receiving 90 times more would please everyone.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree about a pity timer. Opened 15 premium packs yesterday as part of a 50 euro bundle and got 0 legendaries. Can't see myself ever buying packs again with that sort of outcome, even at 10 for 10 euro.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last time I bought the 30 pack, the 5* drop rate was 0.6%. ;) 2 out of 300. Nice long email to DB, answer received was basically "tough s###". They won't keep paying customers that way......
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    They won't keep paying customers that way......

Meh. Sadly they have kept or recruited all the players they needed in the last two years to be able to keep the monetization unchanged.

I wish you were right. But we have to vote with our wallets, and so far the votes are still on "we'll keep buying as it is".