Home The Bridge

Voyage rewards vs dilithium

Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
I have abandoned three voyages this week alone. Since the nerf I cannot make 8 hours without a refill, so I am either returning it at six hours or sometimes try to run it out. Since life gets busy, I sometimes forget about it. Where previously I probably would have spent dilithium to continue, with the current rewards it simply is not worth it. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, DB,

Comments

• [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I'd pay twice recall price for twice the rewards especially chrons and Replicator rations
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current voyage recalled at 10 hr, 5min. Extended once.
    3x4* Super Rare characters
    621 Additional Honour
    688 Chrons
    Lotsa other loot

Yep, clearly a waste of time.

The only issue I have this Voyage should've given me an addtional Jannar but DB is silly.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • You just have to watch out as sometimes the rewards are decent. Some voyages you'll get more chronitons, others you'll be swamped with replicator rations and others will drop lots of (garbage) crew. If I see a couple hundred chronitons at around 3 hours I normally refill as this seems to be a round where chronitons drop more frequently.

Just finished an 8 hour voyage and coming home with 694 chronitons, only 16 3* replicator rations, 4 2* crew (honour) 2 3* crew (honour) and 1 4* (more honour).

Its a long way from the 1k hauls we used to bring back but its still better than normal. Just means the next couple of days will be credits and replicator rations/trainers. The random loot you get on a voyage doesn't seem to be random, I think its a cycle.
  • Hmm. Random vs cycles... I could see that. I've had long 10 and 12 hour Voyages (forgot to recall and spent dil) and received 2* crew at each dilemma and nary a 4* in sight for weeks But this last week 4* crew have been dropping in dilemmas and between them again.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is classic random. People think random means uniform, but in reality you're likely to get a streak of something, but what that is will be random. And any previous streak has no baring on future performance.
  • Either way, voyages are crap now. Not worth it to extend past the 6 hours. It was worth it before they nerfed them. I could get over 100 replicator rations and 1700 chronitrons for an 18 hour voyage. Not worth spending the dilithium or having the crew out of action that long.
  • Then weird stuff happens and you wonder.

ar6bon3sihtz.png

I think voyages are worth extending if you drop a super-rare before antimatter runs out. It's free chrons and gear up to that point. Replicator rations are worth a fortune in honor. They're still good, just not as good. Getting a super-rare is as good as a 650 dilithium premium pull. Might as well see where that 650 dil takes you.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I spend on average about 400-1000dil a day on voyages, but since nerf, noticed i have been slowly droping hours run

So instead of 18-24hrs(i like the 10sh hour return for sleeping) ,now im doing maybe 8-16hours, just after 8-12 hours im not really seeing anything with nerf worth extending for

Old way at least i had incentives to extend out passed the 150-200 dil per Mark, now in better off to spend 200 dil if that and maybe a hundred to recall to restart if i dont just do the 4hour or 6 hour returns and let it sit completed for 4-6hrs not doing anthing while i sleep

So figure 6hrs down average a day now @200dil for every 2hrs for voyages passed 16hrs, thats 600 dil a day thats about 6 bucks a day roughly , 180 dollars a month roughly, so about $2000 less dollars a year (now figure that on number of players that normally run out passed 16 hours that are not now)

When my buddys do something that cost them to lose 2k a year, i would sooooooooo have a Red Forman moment lol
  • MbannarMbannar ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    P.S Less chrons means less dil per voyage a day and im buying less packs, as it now takes 20% - 40% longer to upgrade and freeze people do to lack of chrons
    (so the Red Forman moments just keep coming lol)