Home Ready Room
Options

Increasing my level as captain

Hi totally new to this sort of game how do I increase my level as captain?

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fastest way of levelling up captain XP is completing the campaign episode missions if you 3* them you get a lot of XP but after completing them you get a small amount of Captain XP so it's best to advance as far as you can then level up your crew to go over and 3* the missions.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly. The first time you beat any mission on a particular difficulty you get lots of captain points. Each time after that you get a few for the same mission on the same difficulty.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    To give more specifics, it can be over 1,000 Captain XP for completing a mission for the first time on that difficulty. Whereas when you replay that mission, it’s generally in the 20s-30s range per replay.
  • Options
    Thanks chaps I think I understand lol.

Can I ask another question to you 3 or do I have to start again? It’s about the crew and their ratings eg 89-134 how do they increase? Also how do I increase my ship?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crew skill ratings are improved in three ways:

1) Increasing their level. This can be done by using them on away missions or through training programs, which are awarded from shuttle missions, voyages, event threshold rewards, gauntlet rewards, and can be bought for honor.

2) Building equipment. Every ten levels for each crew requires four pieces of equipment. Equipment varies between crew and as the level up and requires various components found in mission rewards and elsewhere.

3) Fusing with identical crew. All crew rarity levels except for Common (grey) have multiple “stars” to fill before they are fully fused. For example, you can have a 1/2* crew member whose stats will jump when they are fully fused with another 1/2* into 2/2* crew. Additional crew come from packs in the Time Portal, from event rewards, and from voyages. Crew Citations have the same function as additional copies of the crew; they can be bought for honor but are of limited value for crew that aren’t super rare or legendary.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starbase bonuses an help, too.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks chaps I think I understand lol.

Can I ask another question to you 3 or do I have to start again? It’s about the crew and their ratings eg 89-134 how do they increase? Also how do I increase my ship?
    Also note that there's a difference between base skill and proficiency skill.
    For instance: Sci 100 (50-200)
    Here, the character has 100 base and 50-200 proficiency.

-Base is used for a crew's shuttle strength, and for their odds of building the bonus items during Galaxy events.
    -Proficiency is used for the crew's strength in the Gauntlet.
    -On away missions (and Expedition events) both are used. i.e. 100 plus a random roll from 50-200.
    -Voyages use base plus their average proficiency roll to determine total strength.
  • Options
    Also how do I increase my ship?

Also, since no one has addressed ships, you increase their level by dropping ship schematics.

You can find all info on how to get them here. If you want suggestions for a specific ship, feel free to ask ;)
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Many thanks from a 60 year old teenager
  • Options
    [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    playing Galaxy Events usually bumps my Captain Rating up pretty fast.