Home The Bridge

Premium Portal Pack Updates

At the risk of asking a rhetorical question, do we know which previous event crew *should* now be part of the regular premium pack crew pool?
[GoT] Drunk Shimoda
GoT Chief Communications Officer

Comments

• Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was supposed to be 3 months after a crew was released but they haven't been following their announced frequency
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would explain "soon"
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, please update the premium loot pool. Been holding onto packs for this.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, it's not like we could write a cron job to run on the first of the month and kick off a DB query to update the loot portal with all crew over 90 days old or anything. It is, after all, completely impossible to run bulk queries to update databases, and also impossible to automate mundane tasks.

I've been thinking this for months. It just seems like an insurmountable problem and I think we'll need to wait for a super genius to solve this.
  • bowdybowdy ✭✭✭
    Hallehlujah +many pluses.

We so badly need a portal update. It's been 4 months.

And yes, it was said a character would go in after 3 months, but as is frequently the case, DB say one thing, and do another.
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    The first one we got was in Feb 2017 and the second was in Oct 2017. And somehow, Doctor La Forge is still not in the pool. His event was one of the first, and the rerun was before they updated the pool, i think. So I'm sitting on 2 stars for him, waiting for the update...

Plus I want COP Founder Picard, who was released at the 1-year anniversary. I figured he wouldn't be in the Feb update, but surely the Oct one. Not to mention that his pack showed up once over the past year. Same for Doctor La Forge, I believe.
  • Ikrit wrote: »
    The first one we got was in Feb 2017 and the second was in Oct 2017. And somehow, Doctor La Forge is still not in the pool. His event was one of the first, and the rerun was before they updated the pool, i think. So I'm sitting on 2 stars for him, waiting for the update...

Plus I want COP Founder Picard, who was released at the 1-year anniversary. I figured he wouldn't be in the Feb update, but surely the Oct one. Not to mention that his pack showed up once over the past year. Same for Doctor La Forge, I believe.

I'm with you 100%. I can actually understand some Legendary Characters being Limited and not available in the regular portal, but I REALLY wish they would add:

Doctor La Forge
    Prospero Data
    Trader Odo
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doctor La Forge
    Prospero Data
    Trader Odo
    You can add Warship Janeway and Warship Chacotay to that list

DB: Do Better
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Doctor La Forge
    Prospero Data
    Trader Odo

Two of those were Voyage drops for me (la Forge & Janeway), so the separate pool issue is still in play, I suppose. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the other hand, I can confirm the new 3* Q from the Anniversary Event is in. Got his second Star yesterday, doing my Ten Packs from the Weekly Deal.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • On the other hand, I can confirm the new 3* Q from the Anniversary Event is in. Got his second Star yesterday, doing my Ten Packs from the Weekly Deal.

He was in the normal rotation immediately when the event packs for that week went live.

Come on DB! We need another Portal update for sure! I need my precious Katrine to drop from any and all potential packs I buy!
    u11ck1gybczg.gif
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doctor La Forge
    Prospero Data
    Trader Odo

Two of those were Voyage drops for me (la Forge & Janeway), so the separate pool issue is still in play, I suppose. 🖖🏻

Please confirm you got Warship Janeway in voyage.
    Thanks in advance😉
  • I 100% believe a update on the time portal is due. I personally won't buy any more special offers till this is done.

Please make this a top 10 priority, DB. You guys like making $$$ and this will help you in that endeavor.
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Doctor La Forge
    Prospero Data
    Trader Odo

Thanks in advance😉

I can NOT confirm that, after looking through my incomplete set of recall screenshots. I am probably mis-remembering or confusing Warship with Captain Janeway.

I apologize for any confusion or angst that my patchy memory may have caused anyone. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Doctor La Forge
    Prospero Data
    Trader Odo

Thanks in advance😉

I can NOT confirm that, after looking through my incomplete set of recall screenshots. I am probably mis-remembering or confusing Warship with Captain Janeway.

I apologize for any confusion or angst that my patchy memory may have caused anyone. 🖖🏻

Can you confirm Doctor La Forge?

I thought that the voyage pool was the same as the portal pool, with the exception of the voyage-exclusive crew.
  • Can confirm I got prospero data in a regular premium pack last month
    Immortalized: 465
    Tour of duty: January 2016 to present.
    Shut up Wesley.
  • The voyage pool is most definitely not the same as the portal pool. Voyages debuted a few weeks before the portal pool was updated, and there have been no confirmed drops of crew which were added to the portal at that time. There's a few threads knocking about re this and no-one has provided a screenshot of the newly added crew dropping.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    The Merits Pool is different too, right? I had Duchamps drop from a 725-merit pack a few hours ago.
    Ikrit wrote: »
    Doctor La Forge
    Prospero Data
    Trader Odo

Thanks in advance😉

Can you confirm Doctor La Forge?

I thought that the voyage pool was the same as the portal pool, with the exception of the voyage-exclusive crew.

Doctor La Forge was not in any of the 56 screenshots either, so that is also NOT confirmed. I regret my initial post here.
  • PenguinJim wrote: »
    The Merits Pool is different too, right? I had Duchamps drop from a 725-merit pack a few hours ago.

Pretty sure Duchamps went into the premium pool during the one they screwed up adding the 4s to.

• Not postive but i think pack pulls and voyage pulls are differnt mix,

I used to buy alot of packs and didnt see many from voyages or other way around

But my voyages ones seem to be alot of the same
    Usally average about 50% repeat rate on voyages
    So wondering if voyages are a smaller pool of charchaters

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doctor La Forge
    Prospero Data
    Trader Odo

Thanks in advance😉

No problem was hoping that she might drop for me. Easy to mess up with Janeway’s.
    Warship is one I have not gotten. Though my main account also has not gotten Berlinghoff Rasmussen either and he is in voyage drops. I got him in my other account on voyage.