Home The Bridge

Question about boost drops - especially time boosters.

It might be a fluke, and a run of bad luck, so keep that in mind, please. As usual, each Thursday I do the cadet mission, do a few dil replenishes, as well as the usual event free 2* pulls. In a total of 24x10 rare pulls, in 240 possibilities, I pulled a measly 10 boosts of 3 and 4* out of 240 possible.

I pray to God that this is not another nerf, because if it is, that would be a very shady nerf, which should not be happening at all, and would make me very angry - and that comes from a person who accepts a lot of unfairness in his life.

Comments

• DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step away from the tin foil.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a string of bad luck. I average 1 3* each ten pull (about 30 for my 30 missions). Was no different this week.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any hard data to back this up, but it does seem like for the past several months they've been dropping with a lot less frequency than they once did.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bad luck. This happened to me earlier today.

637r097mis2o.png
  • so you're the one getting all of the time boosts, @Zetterbeard

Actually I had a pull that resembled that the other day, except instead of all time boosts I got all med boosts :facepalm:
    Guest  wrote: »
    so you're the one getting all of the time boosts, @Zetterbeard

Actually I had a pull that resembled that the other day, except instead of all time boosts I got all med boosts :facepalm:

I HATE that. I always have WAY too many of those in my inventory. And the 3* double time ones42ro97b7wzxs.png

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I HATE that. I always have WAY too many of those in my inventory. And the 3* double time ones42ro97b7wzxs.png

Wow. I had what I thought was an abundance of those when I had 2 shuttles, but now I have to do 45K pulls to keep enough doubles for my nightly runs. 1000 is great. It could last you 250 days if you don't get more.

Wow. I had what I thought was an abundance of those when I had 2 shuttles, but now I have to do 45K pulls to keep enough doubles for my nightly runs. 1000 is great. It could last you 250 days if you don't get more.

I never use them. I always stir in my sleep so I just go with 3:00 shuttles. I almost always wake up and reset

• Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 38 free tokens so redeemed them. Got 44 of the 3* 90 minute time reducers, so a little more than one per 10 pack for me
  • The big problem with 3*+ time boosts is I believe the share a sub loot table with X2 boosts. So naturally they are a more volatile drop and I would assume by the amount of X2 boosts that constantly drop it's not a 50/50 split probably somewhere between 33-45%.

So when you roll bad you buy more, DB wins. When you roll good you assume you are lucky you buy more, DB wins. I do share other posters overload of junk boosts and wish to do something with them even if it's just to delete them. They are a eyesore.
  • About once every ten pack. I'm usually okay for 10 unless we have two factions in a row.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    The big problem with 3*+ time boosts is I believe the share a sub loot table with X2 boosts. So naturally they are a more volatile drop and I would assume by the amount of X2 boosts that constantly drop it's not a 50/50 split probably somewhere between 33-45%.

So when you roll bad you buy more, DB wins. When you roll good you assume you are lucky you buy more, DB wins. I do share other posters overload of junk boosts and wish to do something with them even if it's just to delete them. They are a eyesore.

I use those 0-2* “junk boosts” on Galaxy events to get above 50% on the super-rare component. Can’t tell if it does any good, though it does clear some space in inventory. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • You should think about the "rarity" of 2* time boosts... Every once in a while i spend 1 MILLION credits buying the lesser boosts. I end up with about 4 of the 2* time boosters. 4 out of 22 10xpulls
  • Gotcha, guys, thanks for sharing :)