Home The Bridge
Options

Please Stop Giving Shan a Hard time.

edited October 2017 in The Bridge
She is doing all she can and if you are gonna be angry at anybody, be angry at the writers for being so tight lipped! That's who I'm annoyed with! Also please don't start badgering me wth your anger here. I'm just trying to direct all of your negativities to the right group...

Comments

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not "the writers." CBS is dictating what information can be shared regarding this event, and when.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Dralix wrote: »
    It's not "the writers." CBS is dictating what information can be shared regarding this event, and when.

No see the writers dictate what event crew will be like Janeway was for this last event, she wasnt new. I do hope we get a current crew member for event crew though, but I'd we dont...blame the writers not Shan lol. It makes me very sad to see players chewing out the wrong person who is doing the best they can with the info provided.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    No see the writers dictate what event crew will be like Janeway was for this last event, she wasnt new.
    She wasn´t new. But she also did not fit in somehow. Seemed like a last second edition. Like with Pike some events back. The plan for the first part was likely different. Also based on the kinda unusual approach CBS does with the show. A further character was first introduced yd (in the 4th show). Another one is yet to follow. That makes things difficult to plan. As Shan said last week: Lots of moving pieces...

• Options
    No see the writers dictate what event crew will be like Janeway was for this last event, she wasnt new.
    She wasn´t new. But she also did not fit in somehow. Seemed like a last second edition. Like with Pike some events back. The plan for the first part was likely different. Also based on the kinda unusual approach CBS does with the show. A further character was first introduced yd (in the 4th show). Another one is yet to follow. That makes things difficult to plan. As Shan said last week: Lots of moving pieces...

Well at least you know that it isn't Shan' s fault :smiley: that makes me happy.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

In a subsequently edited post, Shan indicated that this is also subject to approval by CBS.

• Options
    Dralix wrote: »

In a subsequently edited post, Shan indicated that this is also subject to approval by CBS.

Wow...CBS is super secretive well at least you understand it isn't Shan' s fault because that's what this whole post is about.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the whole post is about not blaming the wrong people, which you are quite possibly doing yourself.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed Shan is doing a good job. We are waiting on cbs so info is slower in coming. Used to be we only had couple days notice on what the event would be. We got spoiled a bit with knowing what next event was a week in advance. It will be like that again probably after Discovery Event Month.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    She is doing all she can and if you are gonna be angry at anybody, be angry at the writers for being so tight lipped! That's who I'm annoyed with! Also please don't start badgering me wth your anger here. I'm just trying to direct all of your negativities to the right group...

You've been drinking too much of the kool-aid.

Shan is horrible at her job. I don't remember her exact title, but it's something something player relations or some such garbage.

Let's review the past few weeks. Voyages released - for most companies, it would be gauged a complete disaster. For DB, it went well. But still bad.

Days go by. Several posts to the forums - Shan, help us! What's going on! How do these work? We know she was here - snip, snip! But it takes two, maybe even three days until the locked post: "We know there are issues, we're looking into them". Did you ever see a follow up? I didn't. Do you expect one? Don't. Are they fixed? Hardly. There's still the phantom skill change problem, and it's obvious that when the voyage runs out of dil is was designed to prompt you to recall, not auto fail. Has that ever been addressed? Development must be hard. I don't know how all these other companies do it.

Then there was the (latest) secret server push. The nerf that wasn't a nerf - Knob looked at the code. No changes here! Right. Any player relations person that allows this to happen is just bad at their job - no two ways around it. Had they not crashed their app during this push, we'd never have known.

Then there is this big mega event. They've been pushing this on us for months. How would you rate it? Is it going well? Are you on the seat of your pants waiting for the next morsel of information? It's a joke.

We could also talk about "soon" and how that has grown to mean nothing.

I don't understand why people - especially the whales - that wouldn't take an ounce of this behavior from their cable companies or even the checkout person at WalMart continue to take it from DB.

So let me just go ahead and save us all some time, as demanding better service from DB is no longer tolerated: SNIP SNIP!

Shan is at the mercy of her superiors. She is also not in charge of creating the artwork, creating the code, working the software, nor anything else related to the raw aspects of the game. She is in charge of telling us, the players and consumers, what is going on, but she cannot say a d*mn thing if she is told to keep her mouth shut until instructed otherwise.

Put your frustration towards CBS at this point. They are the ones that have the final say in what characters can be created and when that information can be released.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
This discussion has been closed.