Home Engineering Room

Sound playing when volume is at 0

I keep the in game sound at 0%, but I've noticed when I connect to a bluetooth audio device like my truck, the game sound will be turned up. I have to go into the settings, turn it up a bit, then back to 0 to fix it.

Also while it's playing this way, it's very choppy and slow, unbearable to listen to.

Comments

• Also experiencing this in addition to the issue with the game stealing audio focus from other apps at launch.

The audio focus issue can be fixed by revoking the TAKE_AUDIO_FOCUS permission via ADB, but this make the volume issue worse because without changing audio focus now the app just plays audio OVER all other apps even when game volume is set to zero.
    "The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • This is extremely annoying. When Bluetooth headphones are used, it ignores that I've set volume to 0.
  • Yes! I hate that. I'll be listening to music and open the game, and bam! The music and Q's voice come blaring through my headphones
  • Add another vote for STT to stop taking control of audio. I can't listen to sirius, iheart, or pandora most of the time when starting or playing the game. I haven't listened to the STT music/bg noise/arduous "I alwyas get an A" repetitive quotes for over a year now.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same thing happen on my phone if I get a phone call. If I’m in the middle of playing the game and my phone rings, if I decline the call, the volume of the game goes up all the way
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also sends constant static when volume is at 0, causing ducking issues, and causing interference with a second audio source engaged with the head phones.

The only fix from now and 1.6 or 1.7 is it no longer force pauses external sources when the app is switched to. it still steals focus and access to controls, and turns the volume back up without moving the slider back up.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also sends constant static when volume is at 0, causing ducking issues, and causing interference with a second audio source engaged with the head phones.

The only fix from now and 1.6 or 1.7 is it no longer force pauses external sources when the app is switched to. it still steals focus and access to controls, and turns the volume back up without moving the slider back up.

Which is an improvement, but still not where it needs to be.
  • I've still experienced this, every single day I play. Has anyone been working on this?