Home The Bridge

I found Lucien...so what not?!

Captain TuxCaptain Tux ✭✭
edited February 2018 in The Bridge
After 2 hours of voyage I got the first part of his dilemma (Interference), after 4 hours the second one and I found him.
So what would you do now? His stats are not that good, even if FF.
As far as I know, the only way to bring him to 4 stars is by adding citations with honor. And the total cost for 3 super rare citations is 54K honor...a little more than a legendary citation.........
I don't know what to do. Airlocking him? He is a very rare character considering that he is voyage-only, but the honor cost to make him usable at least for voyages (he can provide a good combo for DIP + SCI) seems very high.
Any suggestions?...

Comments

• I've got Thot Gor and I'm in the same situation as you. Some people say that they got 2nd voyage-only crew so for now I'm keeping Thot. If you have free crew space than try to save him, but if you don't have space than airlocking is only reasonable option.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I think it simply comes down to the question of how much you consider yourself to be a 'collector' within this game. If trying to collect as many as possible of the different character cards is your personal goal, then I recommend spending the 54,000 Honor to immortalize Lucien. I realize this may seem like "a lot" of Honor to spend for just one Super Rare crew member, but I have found that Honor accumulates at a decent enough rate that one can afford to make this decision now and then (I have already immortalized both The Clown and Thot Gor, and am still comfortably positioned to acquire the next Honor Hall crew member when they are released).
  • As I recall, his stats are nothing special at 4/4 so at 1/4 you simply ask yourself whether you want to carry that on your roster until you waste honour on the card or whether DB will ever put them in regular packs years from now... Or never!
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is cool though.
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I ended up airlocking his furry Platypus, needed the slot.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • You should have thought about it before you got him. I would not trigger any special voyage char without the will to FF. As you got him, i'd just cite him to 4/4. Airlock might lead to regrets at some point.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    SST - 9of7 wrote: »
    You should have thought about it before you got him. I would not trigger any special voyage char without the will to FF. As you got him, i'd just cite him to 4/4. Airlock might lead to regrets at some point.

Nah... our fleet motto, borrowed from SUSAN Ivanova of Babylon 5, is: “We have an open airlock policy”...

8ggminbbzjwr.gif
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is floating in the cold reaches of space
  • Greetings captains. Dilemma crews are a great opportunity to immortalise these interesting and unusual characters, even if they are not as strong in some aspects as other available crew in the game.

Although the "double dilemma" will not come around extremely often, you probably always have a voyage going and the chances are really not so bad that you will get them eventually.

Note that there seems to be some confusion... it's not a once off crew that you receive, you will in fact receive the crew over and over every time you make that same set of choices, so learn which choices lead to that outcome and you have a reasonably good chance of immortalising them without using any Honour at all. I've duped my Clown twice and so far got Lucien, Fierce Guinan and Jannar once each. Whenever the part A comes up for the double dilemmas just make sure to choose the option that can lead to the intended part B if you want the crew, or the ship schematics etc.

As a direct answer to the requester, I would say it's up to you to either keep him, if you can make the space, or else eject him until you have more space and then try to pick him up again from the dilemmas and immortalise him then once you've got him enough times.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    I have Thot Gor FFFE without spending any honour.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    AJBryce welcome to the forums and it's great that you are willing to answer questions and provide advice, but you might want to check the dates on some of these threads...in a "living game" like STT, nine months is along time